Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Track ir

Hmmm! Yeah! ... I got my Edimensional Wireless 3D glasses yesterday from eDimensional and spent all evening trying to get them to work. Technical support has yet to respond to my email and there is zero phone support only the usual copout answering machines! I've pretty much given up with this for the moment as all my games got screwed up with there drivers, so I've temporarily deactivated the software until I can get some tech assistance from them.

... I've spent too much time over this already and I'm pretty much p*ssed off with it right now esp. as tech support can't be bothered to help!

Not so with my TIR this device works a treat, but I'm far from impressed so far with these stereo glasses!  waiting.gif  bogroll.gif

PS. To avoid hijacking this TIR thread with stereo glasses posts I have started a new thread on this topic over here!

hmmm...weird,

I send my mails and I pretty much get direct support of edimensional. And I can't complain about the drivers either. Installed, configured and shoot away. You must have done something wrong mate, cause several of us got them and nobody had any troubles so far.

Have you tried the latest drivers for your glasses or did they ship with the latest driver version?

eDimensional updates

Don't forget, it's weekend now. So I doubt you get a answer before monday...;)

Have you tried the latest drivers for your glasses or did they ship with the latest driver version?

... eDimensional, Inc. Version 5.0.

I've spent hours on this so what I may have done wrong eludes me!  dunno.gif These drivers certainly screwed up my games until I deactivated them! fuming.gif

Sorry for ot, but since It`s about devices that help you immerse into games I have a question about the software...

The voice recognition thingy from eDimentional, does anyone have experience with such thing?

Sorry for ot, but since It`s about devices that help you immerse into games I have a question about the software...

The voice recognition thingy from eDimentional, does anyone have experience with such thing?

There is a freeware program about called "shoot" its VERY good, and is shipped with an OFP template so u can order ya soldiers around.

Example:

"All"

"Return to formation"

"All, Return to formation"

It then selects all and orders them into formation. Another example:

"1"

"4"

"5"

"1,4,5 - Return to formation".

Very cool

Well, I use game voice from MS with OFP.

It is a very fine piece of hard- and software.

Works perfektly!

Just one thing to mention:

I used it with almost any command in OFP.

But with 50+ commands...one can easily mix the command strings and then the best soft- and hardware is useless.

Shouting the wrong command and your soldiers are whistling, looking into the air "what did he say?...hm...dunno...I heard nothing"

whistle.gif  rofl.gif

I ordered the the Voice Buddy 3.0 now as well form eDimensional.

So this better be good. I thought it might be a good idea to get it all from the same dealer anyway. Since I got the TIR and 3D Glasses of them I decided to go for the Voice Buddy now as well. Hope that all the ArmA commands will be supported in this then.

By now I gave the TIR a good spin and the Glasses as well.

And I must say I'm getting used to both. Specially the TIR isn't as bad as I expected. People been saying you need to steer at your screen etc...well that's what you do anyway. YOu only tild your head a little left, right, up, down..etc...

Nowe I only have to stop to try peeking around corners by moving my whole body to one side (some of you will know this habit).... biggrin_o.gif

thx guys...I`m using tshoot now. Lots of work with creating the config, but It`s worth it...

SniperAndy did you tried shoot before? It does what It should do quite nice and accurate.

Na I didn't actually.

I was to quick with the paypal button I guess... smile_o.gif

Do you reckon Track IR will be an MP feature? Like nodding and shaking your head at clan mates? Looked pretty cool on the ArmA video.

yes, and I think people should get it.

Biut has to be seen, maybe it also comes with the option to "disable track-IR" from the server side. Some people still belive sing this is like cheating...thna using a Logitech MX1000 over a M$ mouse should be conisdered cheating as well....but, never mind...

As would the type of monitor you use and how lit your room is. I can't wait. biggrin_o.gif

Keep it up BIS. thumbs-up.gif

yes, and I think people should get it.

Biut has to be seen, maybe it also comes with the option to "disable track-IR" from the server side. Some people still belive sing this is like cheating...thna using a Logitech MX1000 over a M$ mouse should be conisdered cheating as well....but, never mind...

I wouldn't think BIS would make it server disableable, I don't think there's any way for the server to detect it. And in any case it's only a different method of moving the view, when the "normal" player can still move his head & lean, but via keyboard, it seems a nonsense to disable TrackIR because it lets you do it with your head. Might as well disable fast mouse movements for people with fast reactions smile_o.gif

BTW, where do you get the notion that some find it a cheat?

It's not a notion but unfortunately a fact. A number of people in the sim community where TrackIR has been used for a while consider it gives such a great advantage that it's use is unfair.

Read through the 23 pages of this thread and you'll find some who also share this belief.

It's not a novel argument. When I played Counterstrike with a Razer Boomslang* the same thing was said, it was a far superior mouse and more importantly expensive. Most gamers, as in life, dislike others having an advantage gained by something they cannot afford. It's not cheating, where the advantage is gained by breaking the rules and dishonesty. However it could be called unfair.

I personally don't mind a server side option to ban track IR. It would be impossible to prevent entirely, but you can easily disable the TIR support built into the Arma client.

I plan on getting TrackIR and would be quite happy if I were restricted to using servers with only other TrackIR users.

* (won by beating the PCZone magazine team in a match biggrin_o.gif )

What are you all talking about? TIR and cheating? What a numb one has to be to call TIR cheating device. Wasn't it implemented directly by BIS who wanted to create as realistic experience of battlefield as you can get in a game? Maybe people who use advantages of panoramic LCDs should be banned from serwer too? Maybe even those using high end video cards. Take a while before you post anything couse in my opinion this topic slowly goes to nowhere. rofl.gif

I love to play Grand prix 4 sometimes. I play it with keyboard, but it's better to play it with a wheel, you'll have better times. Is that cheating too? wink_o.gif

It's not a notion but unfortunately a fact. A number of people in the sim community where TrackIR has been used for a while consider it gives such a great advantage that it's use is unfair.

Read through the 23 pages of this thread and you'll find some who also share this belief.

It's not a novel argument. When I played Counterstrike with a Razer Boomslang* the same thing was said, it was a far superior mouse and more importantly expensive. Most gamers, as in life, dislike others having an advantage gained by something they cannot afford. It's not cheating, where the advantage is gained by breaking the rules and dishonesty. However it could be called unfair.

I personally don't mind a server side option to ban track IR. It would be impossible to prevent entirely, but you can easily disable the TIR support built into the Arma client.

I plan on getting TrackIR and would be quite happy if I were restricted to using servers with only other TrackIR users.

* (won by beating the PCZone magazine team in a match biggrin_o.gif )

Well I certainly won't start any argument here, if you've seen it then you've seen it smile_o.gif

But the notion that it's a cheat is nonsense of course. Every reasonable PC owning person can agree to that, and so I doubt that BIS will develop a server side disabling option. Might as well disable joysticks for helos.

I have to admit that I've never heard of any of the sim community regarding TIR as a cheat. I have heard of servers that disallow padlock views, but never TIR. (I'm "part" of the sim community, but not a very active online flier.)

In any case, it won't bother me one way or the other, if it turns out that some servers have this option turned on, I won't join smile_o.gif most admins won't care a whit unless under pressure from paying members or something, and paying members will by their very nature will have TIR biggrin_o.gif and only a very small number of elitist anti-TIR admins will disable it.

All IMO natch.

The difference between a joystick and tir is price. Everyone can pick up a joystick for $20 or less. TIR costs $180 which is too much for many gamers, especially when they've paid out hundreds for computers capable of running the latest games.

If TIR cost $10 then no-one would complain because they could all own it, even if they chose not to.

The difference between a joystick and tir is price. Everyone can pick up a joystick for $20 or less. TIR costs $180 which is too much for many gamers, especially when they've paid out hundreds for computers capable of running the latest games.

If TIR cost $10 then no-one would complain because they could all own it, even if they chose not to.

I'm not convinced by that argument wink_o.gif faster PCs are not barred, my joystick cost Å250, I have 5.1 surround sound which gives me additional positional information on enemies, etc etc smile_o.gif

The bottom line is, TIR is just a pointing device, like a mouse or a tablet. Barring it because you strap it to your head makes as much sense as barring people who strap mouses to their chins biggrin_o.gif

BTW, I realise you're not posing that as an argument, just fooling around wink_o.gif

I'm gonna get myself a beamer, vr-goggles, a vr-hand thingy, track-IR and all the other stuff, and then we'll see about who's cheating tounge2.gif

I don't want to steer this anymore.

People play racing games with pedals and a steering wheel. Others play flight sims with TIR, others got a xx button keypad for their playstation or xbox...so whatever.

I'm looking forward to using this in ArmA and let the servers do what they want... We got our own server nener.gif

And I'll be there looking like a TIR butterfly with ya!