Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

UK Desert(ed) troops = BLEED 1.0

best quote i keep hearing from the UKF lads is "keep it simple".... ill let you be the judge of that if your the only one working on it....

TBH dont work your arse off, theres always 1.1

Will do. Keeping it as simple as possible. *one can really sense the staggering mental health of the addonmaker by browsing back a few* I need a smoke - preferrably dutch.  rofl.gif

Forgot to mention a little something for you performance-fellas: A vehicleclass named "Lowpoly" added. Contains stripped versions of 3 p3ds.

As a comparison.

SAS p3d (normal) ~3500 faces

SAS p3d (stripped) ~2200 faces

stripped guy is removed of glasses, gasmaskpouch, tacholster, headset, bergens, facedirt.

Shemagh always on.

About the same values for regular infantry...

Will post pics when I get home.

crazy_o.gif

Aren't configs fun..

For the huge lists of customising options, the radio used on some vehicles (The snow-vehicle on OFP.info for example, and a lot of civ ones in Y2K3 mod) has a "open Radio Menu", and when you open that you get list of songs, and a close option menu.

That, or a dialouge would be neat (Bit fiddley, but would make it look nice smile_o.gif )

Then you could keep the list in the editor down, and give people list of scripts to remove certain items (To customise AI)

Whatever you do, good luck xmas_o.gif

- Ben

BB im craving these units even just a taster. Any chance on earth of an L.E.E test?? notworthy.gifcrazy_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Any chance on earth of an L.E.E test??

Why can't you just wait a few more days (optimism?) for the proper stuff. It will be better and more polished than any pre-release taster version meaning you get more enjoyment from them. confused_o.gif

"Not to be taken internaly" crazy_o.gif

Bear that in mind.. tounge2.gif

I'd prefer to wait a few days and have a final version, rather than get an almost-done version, which could turn out to be semi-useless as the misisons made with them might not work with the full version.

But if it's going to be a while till the full one is out, yeh, a LEE version would be good to have. But do what you see best, BB tounge2.gif

- Ben

Waiting is good man, I want the final version. We cant go off half-cocked

(to quote the Black Op from the original campaign.)

Your units are well worth the wait!

Fantastic Blackblood!

Low Poly idea is great for people like me who have REALLY low spec machines.

How many MBs are the finished units gonna be?

How many MBs are the finished units gonna be?

4.811 Mb (.RAR) at the moment. Won't take long even on a dial-up.

blackblood stuff lookin better each time i see a picture hope to see a thread in a&m complete but take ur time thumbs-up.gif

wow_o.gif 4.811 Mb? Bloody hell, I was expecting at list 7 megs on Rar, well done mate, I'm well impressed.

Regards.

@CERO.

Using slowest compression method. RAR owns Zip anyday.

Closing workshop for tonight. Another step closer. goodnight.gif

Enjoy a well earned beer tonight BB.

Amazed at the size of the units, was counting on 20 megs at least for such a varied unit. How much meg unpacked?

@ BB

Regarding the Action menu stuff, couldn't you just put on the 'standard' stuff such as the shemagh, facedirt and bergen. Then just leave the glasses, gasmask pouch, headset and tacholster to be added by scripting? Sorry if i've misunderstood what the heck is goin on tounge2.gif

Today and tommorow morning/afternoon is my only window to download these beauties (borrowing someones laptop) biggrin_o.gif

Already got a couple of missions lined-up for them  wink_o.gif hopefully release them soon after  icon_rolleyes.gif

It'd still be a long list, the radio "Press to reval all options" is nice, as long as you remove the open list when you press it (If you hit the enter button lots of times, you get about 100 song listings crazy_o.gif )

Done half of what it requested :

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/DBR_ONIX/EnemysPut.jpg

tounge2.gif

- Ben

These are getting better and better by the day biggrin_o.gif

I was happy just with the sig pic, anything else will be a treat after that.

rofl.gif   thumbs-up.gif

I must admit that the project grabbed my attention. However after seeing BlackBloods signature. That just over shadowed the project completely. Got me giggling like a 10 year old.

Good job on the units BlackBlood.

Been keeping an eye on these for a while and looks the goods mate.

We'll definatley be upgrading to them when they come out.

Cheers for your hard work on this quality british addon mate. More of the same i say!

now we just need some custom faces from the movie "Bravo Two Zero" yay.gifpistols.gifnotworthy.gif

now we just need some custom faces from the movie "Bravo Two Zero"

Promise you won't laugh but i've actually not seen that movie. Read the book(s) tho. Ryan and McNab versions.

-

-

Anyway. Daily update is very thin. A good 15 min of coding

crazy_o.gif ...

Thought I'd show you just how bleeched the DPM's are (to simulate worn/sandy grunts). For comparison i took a P:UKF bloke (naturally) w the same partywear.

bleeched2.jpg bleeched.jpg

btw, reality junkies, Rhodite (and friends) provided me with good info on SAS group setups for editor usage. Should make some of you happy. See ya soon.

Impressive smile_o.gif

Not seen the film either, tried downloading, and it never goes at about 200B/s...Think it got about 20%... mad_o.gif

How much you got left to do?

*Wonders how many replies will apper after clicking Add Reply*..

- Ben

ooooh you guys missed out big time!

its a VERY good movie yay.gif