Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

UK Desert(ed) troops = BLEED 1.0

The new screens looks awesome, especially the guys with the yellow goggles. smile_o.gif

"5.56 x 45 mm NATO, similar to, and thus commonly called the Remington .223 cartridge, is the size of standard rifle ammunition for NATO forces. 5.56 mm amunition was introduced for use in the American M16 rifle in the 1960s. It was used as an alternative to the previous NATO standard ammunition size, 7.62 mm caliber. The cartridge is approximately 2.25 inches (57 mm) long and 0.38 inches (9.7 mm) in diameter. The bullet itself is 0.75 inches (20 mm) long and 0.25 inches (6.375 mm) in diameter."

Ok now that's all cleared up we can go back ON topic unless you all want the mods to come in here confused_o.gif

Can't wait for these BB! wink_o.gif

Troops look great, I was wondering if you would be including Armour Crewmen since the DKM armour pack is out and the community are short of a crewmen to the standards you have presented.

No disrespect intended DKM you guys did a wonderful job with the Armour Pack

Daniel @ June 14 2005,13:15)]The new screens looks awesome, especially the guys with the yellow goggles. smile_o.gif

actually that got me thinking, yellow and orange are for bad weather visibility! Like when its clouded and your going snowboarding, orange works much better then, but when the sun is shining you'd have more on black or the l337 purple style glasses!

smile_o.gif The french IMEX commando has got nice goggles! It misses the O though... wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

will ther be SAs as well? if so, then both modern-day and 1990 Gulf War type? I'm looking into doing a Bravo Two Zero mission.... After seeing a documentry about it on the Military channel. Would be an interesting and unique mission consept.

Yeah right biggrin_o.gif

Plenty of SAS fans around here lol. Them SAS are the main reason of my painfull waiting. crazy_o.gif

American weapons for the SAS is very acurate, well, they actually will use anything, but you'll normally find them using M16 m203, H&K MP5, Gimpy, Browning, etc, in most of the books I read. SA80 aren't very apreciated by the SAS wink_o.gif

But there isn't any real loadout rules with them. Gosh, I'm a SAS freek!! crazy_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

I think the SAS now are starting to use the H&K G36. Also the SAS dont really use the M16 rifles and have replaced the M16s with Diemaco assault rifles.

SA80 aren't very apreciated by the SAS wink_o.gif

i managed to ask a para about this last year as he has taken part in many operations alongside the SAS and he said that the SAS quite like the L85A2 as its small design, accuracy, reliability and the fact that they can get ammo from say a PARA unit if needed (the L85A2 5.56 rounds r too powerful to be used with the M16/Armalites).

If theres one thing the SA-80 is not known for it's reliability

Armchair Experts. MOVE ON GET OVER IT.

Stop trashing this forum with your shite please.

This is about Blackbloods units, nothing else.

Agreed, funny how all the experts appear whenever the SAS is mentioned.

Anyway, great work BB, well done, have yourself a virtual pint on me smile_o.gif

Aye strange how many people are experts, considering how small and secretive the SAS is. Who`d have known so many people on these forums had served with them? tounge_o.gif Must be a secret SAS meeting ground here blues.gif

Blackblood, your the man - still really annoyed i missed the RAAB beta testing due to being in Ecuador, but at least i can make up for the lost time tearing round Afgan in UKF landies with your awesome troops. biggrin_o.gif

Uh, I haven't heard anybody saying that he/she consider him/her self an expert. We just a bunch of fans who hapand to be able to get our hands in reliable and unreliable information from all kinds. The problem is that you can't tell wich is wich. biggrin_o.gif

I'm Spanish, I served with the Spanish army (Peaty, I never been having a holliday in Central America wile in service, I have nothing to show off in this forums, see?), I moved to the UK 10 years ago, and I can say that the information I found about the "small and secretive SAS" is overwelming. Anybody can be an "Armchair Expert", but being a "computer chair expert" like me is not that easy, specially when you have to learn to wryte and read in a languaje that's not your own by reading material that go on about the "small and secretive SAS".

No, I'm not an expert, I know bugger all, but I can put a nice and acurate mission togueder when this units come out, and that's what I was on about.

I won't be doing B20, but I'll definitly do my own crap.

It is funny how all the experts appear whenever the SAS is mentioned, but if somebody was doing a Man United addon, would it be a different story? I can imagine the amount of crap people would come out with.

The anoying thing is that I didn't come out of topic, and just to get a slap on my wrist, people do have come of topic and then add a "Good go BB" so they look in topic.

Back on topic.

BB, I take it that there will be some hiden selections here and there. Is there going to be as many as in the Generic OPFOR addon released a few months ago? cos AFAIK that was part of their bugs, and the scripting. I hope they work well in my PC. crazy_o.gif  LOL.

The other thing is that oviusly you are going to use BIS weapons, good choice, because in the end of the day, who stil using BIS weapons nowdays, is been a long long time sense I have InQuisitors in my mod folders configurations, plus if you are using a decent mod, chances are that they have been replaced too.

I'm really looking forward for this addon, it will make me argue with my missus, but I'll get some missions released at list.

Regards.

@CERO.

The other thing is that oviusly you are going to use BIS weapons, good choice.

He should be using JAM2 (BIS models, different config) which is required to use the UKF weapons anyway.

I agree with the JAM 2 thing - most people have it and it makes the weapons far better than the BIS ones

@cero...

you have just filled this thread with useless information, all of which has nothing to do with blackbloods brilliant addon.

*refers back to tankieboys post on page 4

You just made your violated your own point anyway!!

"computer chair expert" like me is not that easy

no, I'm not an expert, I know bugger all

now plz could people go back on topic xmas_o.gif

I agree with the JAM 2 thing - most people have it and it makes the weapons far better than the BIS ones

Agreed on the JAM2. Its compulsory for UKF weapons anyway, so...

@moving target.

I know your backing up what i and the other were saying about armchair experts who could possibly not know even 1% of what goes on in the SAS, but i spoke via PM to @cero and i am of the opinion that no harm was meant, he did not intend to come across as trying to say he knew everything, or even a tiny fraction, or trying to show off his "knowledge", he was just trying to offer BB some help.

Its sods forum laws, as usual, that make peoples posts not read as they intend them to be read wink_o.gif

sorry, picked up a tone of arrogance in "being a computer expert like me is not that easy"

To blackblood: will the troops come armed with BIS/MOD M16 as standard, or will they come with PUKF's SA80?

Who here claims to be an expert? I think you need to just zip it before you start a flame war.

would be nice since there UK to put UK weapons with them SA80 or so rock.gif right unclesam.gif to have the US weapons with the UK forces would make it silly i think wink_o.gif but cant wait till th dl love the work on those unclesam.gif

sorry, picked up a tone of arrogance in "being a computer expert like me is not that easy"

To blackblood: will the troops come armed with BIS/MOD M16 as standard, or will they come with PUKF's SA80?

Try reading you might learn more. He said both.......

yes Moving Target, peaty you don't understan sarcasm.

Thanks Pathy for clearing this up, and lets just stay away from it, lets focus in this addon.

JAM, damm it, I forgot about JAM, that would be much better, I would be able to get best of both worlds, model and textures quality from InQuisitor by using the configuration Bin, and the sounds and configurations of JAM, all that with this great units. biggrin_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

would be nice since there UK to put UK weapons with them SA80 or so rock.gif right unclesam.gif to have the US weapons with the UK forces would make it silly i think wink_o.gif but cant wait till th dl love the work on those unclesam.gif

The Para's and Marines will use P-UKF's weapons, the SAS will probably use whatever Blackblood wants to give them from Jam2.

Yup. Plenty of good little independent M4 addons sitting out there all by themselves or in very small addon packs.

Jackal for example made some good ones. You also don't have to use a whole pack. Its VERY easy to convert one weapon from an addon pack and put it into your own .pbo since they don't have very many textures to rename.

All ya gotta do is just ask permission from like Suchey, Jackal, or INQ to use one or two of their M4's (and maybe a minimi SAW) so that way you don't need a whole pack.

But regardless of what weapons used, JAM combatibility is always a good idea so that way mission makers have a choice of HD or non-HD ammunition.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>