Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

UK Desert(ed) troops = BLEED 1.0

They look brilliant, especially the arms. And the woodland bits may seem odd but they appear to give the units a more balanced look to them, so great work  biggrin_o.gif

Also, the P:UKF weapons rule anyway, so no problem there  smile_o.gif

I thought that RKSL stuodios had one addon including both rifles?  rock.gif

Anyways looking really GREAT!!!! wow_o.gif

Yea, I was right click me

The woodland is there because they don't have enough of the DPMs to go round or so it was in the gulf war 2.

Great looking troops blackblood!!! biggrin_o.gif

The woodland is there because they don't have enough of the DPMs to go round or so it was in the gulf war 2.

Great looking troops blackblood!!!  biggrin_o.gif

DPM = disruptive pattern material = woodland camouflage

You mean desert-DPM. In GWII there weren't enough desert-DPM's out there. Soldiers had to remove the pocket on the side of the leg to use that piece of fabric to rapair a hole on butt (for example). There weren't enough desert boots either. The black boots couldn't handle the sun and fell apart (literaly). So many soldiers used iraqi desert boots (from POW's). Crazy stuff, but unfortunately true.

In Afghanistan you could also see a mix of DPM and D-DPM, but that was because neither really works perfect in afghanistan. The area is not a real desert and it's not a real woodland. The combination of the two camouflage meant that the shape of the soldier was broken into two and  it provided them with some form of camouflage for the majority of the country. But there was also the factor of cold; afghanistan can be really cold and most cold-weather gear is in DPM (woodland).

The most common combination is desert-trousers, DPM-jacket and desert-headgear (either boonie of hlemet).

will ther be SAs as well? if so, then both modern-day and 1990 Gulf War type? I'm looking into doing a Bravo Two Zero mission.... After seeing a documentry about it on the Military channel. Would be an interesting and unique mission consept.

Great idea! I'm currently re-reading the book and I've already thought of playing a B20 mission.

But afaik there isn't any Iraq map out there or am I wrong?

The screen shots look really good Blackblood, its been worth the wait indeed. Nice work smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

DPM = disruptive pattern material = woodland camouflage

You mean desert-DPM.

Erm, so they are boht DPMs.. rock.gif

A Bravo Two Zero mission.. As many people pointed out when I wanted to make one.. It's about endurance, not shooting, and wouldn't work in OFP sad_o.gif

But.. The general idea of B20 would work.. Desroy SCUD Launchers, either with laser designator, or explosives (Or you could use explosives on Shilkas, and get more air-stikes). And destroy the landline thing (would need custom building, but shouldn't be too hard to make). Maybe have a civillian that runs into base during course of mission, if he repairs it, that objective is failed. So can can choose to pick up mines to place (Stated quietly in breifing. Not "TAKE MINES OR YOU'LL FAIL", something like "There may be a techicians come to repair it after you take the landline down".

CAT Afganistan would be good (and obvious tounge_o.gif) choice. Hmmmm. If someone made this, I'd deffintly play it smile_o.gif (Make it coop, if you set the squad all to playable, it'll still work in SP, so please two lots of people wink_o.gif )

But anyway, can't wait for the units to be released biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

It seems you successfully attached the hands to the arm wink_o.gif

They were succesfully attached in february...until a certain someone released a fantastic anim pack with only one flaw: The left hands and lowerarms were not aligned.

But recently a certain someone released the shiny DMA anim pack with perfectly aligned wrist/arms making a certain UK addonmaker very happy.  biggrin_o.gif

[so for the love of God, Sanct, DO-NOT-MOVE-THE-LEFT-WRIST!  crazy_o.gif

As for making a config for LSR weaps - read all about it when this package arrives at the COMPLETE FORUM. This is going to be a SEMI-OPEN ADDON.

Stay tuned for an indepth. I'll probably scare some of you guys off...:(

CHECKINGOUT250.jpg

no you wont BB this is a most awaited addon that the community will i am sure welcome as i no i am makeing a space in my addon folder already wink_o.gif

will ther be SAs as well? if so, then both modern-day and 1990 Gulf War type? I'm looking into doing a Bravo Two Zero mission.... After seeing a documentry about it on the Military channel. Would be an interesting and unique mission consept.

Yeah right biggrin_o.gif

Plenty of SAS fans around here lol. Them SAS are the main reason of my painfull waiting. crazy_o.gif

American weapons for the SAS is very acurate, well, they actually will use anything, but you'll normally find them using M16 m203, H&K MP5, Gimpy, Browning, etc, in most of the books I read. SA80 aren't very apreciated by the SAS wink_o.gif

But there isn't any real loadout rules with them. Gosh, I'm a SAS freek!! crazy_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

Yeah right biggrin_o.gif

Plenty of SAS fans around here lol. Them SAS are the main reason of my painfull waiting. crazy_o.gif

American weapons for the SAS is very acurate, well, they actually will use anything, but you'll normally find them using M16 m203, H&K MP5, Gimpy, Browning, etc, in most of the books I read. SA80 aren't very apreciated by the SAS wink_o.gif

But there isn't any real loadout rules with them. Gosh, I'm a SAS freek!! crazy_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

Diemaco C8's are also used. I believe these replaced the M16's, but I'm not sure

It seems you successfully attached the hands to the arm wink_o.gif

They were succesfully attached in february...until a certain someone released a fantastic anim pack with only one flaw: The left hands and lowerarms were not aligned.

But recently a certain someone released the shiny DMA anim pack with perfectly aligned wrist/arms making a certain UK addonmaker very happy. biggrin_o.gif

[so for the love of God, Sanct, DO-NOT-MOVE-THE-LEFT-WRIST! crazy_o.gif

He he, i knew the little story had something to do with the hands.

It was one of the area that annoyed me the most (just a bit less than the broken back that was just disgusting visually).

Good to see that this long and boring work to repair hands and back is usefull to someone wink_o.gif

Hi, i've try again the UKF units pack 1.1 because it's needed to play with this units, and i've found a weird thing... if you drop the weapon or put it at the back, the unit looks upward, "over the head of the mate"; this, using the DMA Anims 1.0 . That don't happens with any other addon unit/BIS unit that i've seen, so i hope that that don't happens too with this units.

A screenshot of what i mean:

UKFP 1.1 Marine Officer:

ukfp.jpg

P.D: Those are the same "Marines" that can't locate Gibraltar in a map using a compass (between 6 soldiers) but that 2 guardia civiles can locate 'em... ahh... what a shame... . Great looking units. Let's cu

The head model is created like this by the UK force developers.

And because of the UK weapon , they made the head "backward" like this because the stocks of their Uk weapons are too small, and so their weapon scope "enter" inside the head in a very displeasant way.

I had a very hard time to find a solution to support the UK force weapons with the DMA animations.

And i didn't succeeded totally.

Unfortunately there is no solution from my part, only the UK force addon maker can.

As making the animation to have a satisfying position for their UK force weapons will make -all- the other OFP weapon in a very bad position.

wy do all Royal Marines use woodland jacket and desert pants in desert war zones?

Because they're mother's dropped them on they're heads as a baby and as a result they are color blind. tounge_o.gif

Yeah right biggrin_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

Diemaco C8's are also used. I believe these replaced the M16's, but I'm not sure

C8's without scopes?

Cuz that would be nice I know a good C8 pack to use with these extremely well made addons. And also lets not forget the UKF vehicles! Especially this one:

http://www.project-ukf.com/Mav/wmikmont2.jpg

blues.gif

Ahh all the closet SAS experts come out the woodwork.

Who`d have thought so many people would have such an indepth knowledge of one of the most secretive units in the world..... suspect.giftounge_o.gif

With regards to the troops, looking absolutely fan-bloomin-tastic.

SA80 aren't very apreciated by the SAS wink_o.gif

i managed to ask a para about this last year as he has taken part in many operations alongside the SAS and he said that the SAS quite like the L85A2 as its small design, accuracy, reliability and the fact that they can get ammo from say a PARA unit if needed (the L85A2 5.56 rounds r too powerful to be used with the M16/Armalites).

these guys are looking good , i cant wait till released. smile_o.gif

<sarcasm>

@Wolfy : Thanks man. I always thought 5.56 NATO was a standard round so all the NATO rifles could use it and simplify supply chains. My bad ;)

</sarcasm>

Looking sweet Blackblood.

Edit : Added sarcasm tags. smile_o.gif

@Wolfy : Thanks man. I always thought 5.56 NATO was a standard round so all the NATO rifles could use it and simplify supply chains. My bad ;)

5.56 NATO is a standard round and can be used by any NATO 5.56 weapon. I didn't know the L85 uses a different ammo, but it's also capable of using the 5.56 NATO.

In fact, I think it's a bit strange that they use a different ammo. Never heard of this before.

It doesn't use different ammunition... that's the entire point in making it 5.56, so all NATO weapons are the same. If Britain had any intention of using a non-standard rifle round it'd be the 7.62 which was (as far as I know, and I'm no expert unlike some of you rock.gif ) always favoured in weapons like the SLR.

Those of you who are thinking I just said 7.62 is not a standard NATO round (and probably planning some witty reply with the use of w00t, omfg and l33t), yes it is, but only for machineguns and sniper rifles.