Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Cobra

MF or CR...

hmm also next release will have a in mision TK super cheat detector that will show players using scripts not in MFCTI, these will be incorperated into CTF missions for various leagues, and Im sure when its release CR will ask to "borrow" script, the detectors will prevent players from cheating by blacking them out all game, anouncing who they are over global chat and will help admins look for cheat files, and the MHQs will be safe guarded from the MHQ move/kill/repair cheats

Nice that cheats are being handled with wink_o.gif

BTW, I voted crCTI.

hmm also next release will have a in mision TK super cheat detector that will show players using scripts not in MFCTI, these will be incorperated into CTF missions for various leagues, and Im sure when its release CR will ask to "borrow" script, the detectors will prevent players from cheating by blacking them out all game, anouncing who they are over global chat and will help admins look for cheat files, and the MHQs will be safe guarded from the MHQ move/kill/repair cheats

You don't ask when you "borrow", thief.

Original CR version vs MFCTI.COM version (30 man mission)

Pretty similar, the CR version was changed in a later version to nearly exactly what Malboef copied, including the SecondaryWeaponHolder removal.

Quote[/b] ]

v1.18

advanced Ammo Bug Removal Script

It's good that you specify that it's more advanced than anything you could do on your own. But credits should have been included.

It's unfortunate that the good work of Mike Melvin is being mistreated by Malboefs attempted usurpation. If you want to release modifications don't use a name that implies it's still the original version.

if you read mission notes salisan ya would know there are credits smile_o.gif

ya can't steal shit that is free BTW you think CR credits

any credits where givin it obvious you are not a MFCTI fan

Quote[/b] ]Coded and designed by:

MF (Mike Melvin)

Modifcations By RN Malboeuf

for use with mfcti.com Ladder

Tank Commanders have been removed

Ammo removed from MHQs

To remove Ammo bugs in game goto OPTIONS

Send bugs/comments to:

mfcti@yahoo.com

CR only credits himself when im sure there are scripts that where used from MF there was no CTI before MFCTI

Read crCTI manual at cr-ofp.dyndns.org/forum

Coded and designed by:

Cleanrock (Johan Rehnberg)

LAME!!!!

Pretty similar, the CR version was changed in a later version to nearly exactly what Malboef copied, including the SecondaryWeaponHolder removal.

Quote[/b] ]

v1.18

It's good that you specify that it's more advanced than anything you could do on your own. But credits should have been included.

It's unfortunate that the good work of Mike Melvin is being mistreated by Malboefs attempted usurpation. If you want to release modifications don't use a name that implies it's still the original version.

lol  CR never made that script, and our ammo script is more andvanced lol

you got slammed on the AI and the lag related to CR and the town bugs and this is all you say, slacking dude your slacking

grow the fk up or leave

I belive the people that vote for MFCTI havent played enough CTI. Any of you MF fans that have played over 1000 hours CTI?  wink_o.gif

you mean CR don't ya lol i no most MFCTI players play that much hours  in a week or less

and in tottal i can't count the hours i played on MF ive played the number is in the millions not thounads  biggrin_o.gif  smile_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  ghostface.gif

russin bows to >>>>  MIKE MELVIN thank GOD HE made mfcti...

Quote[/b] ]

v1.18

lol CR never made that script, and our ammo script is more andvanced lol

you got slammed on the AI and the lag related to CR and the town bugs and this is all you say, slacking dude your slacking

grow the fk up or leave

Well, I wrote the original to that script.

Cleanrock then modified it, you then copied it.

But I guess I really didn't.

Mythomania is ugly.

I belive the people that vote for MFCTI havent played enough CTI. Any of you MF fans that have played over 1000 hours CTI? wink_o.gif

you mean CR don't ya lol i no most MFCTI players play that much hours in a week or less

and in tottal i can't count the hours i played on MF ive played the number is in the millions not thounads biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.giftounge_o.gifghostface.gif

russin bows to >>>> MIKE MELVIN thank GOD HE made mfcti...

You play more than 1000 hours each week?

Dear god is there no end to the madness...

lol K what ever, mabey take a long look, nice to change your story half way in too

I claimed he never Wrote it, and I never lied, but this script was redone by wizzy wig, mabey if you read the credits of 1.40 lol

I love how you guys make shit up as you go

I know he credits MF in MFCTI.COM version, but not the others he copies from.

MF all the way..Personaly i'd rather prefer it cause i know im playin somethin bug-free than somethin complex and fancy though prone to more bugs here and there..

I belive the people that vote for MFCTI havent played enough CTI. Any of you MF fans that have played over 1000 hours CTI?  wink_o.gif

you mean CR don't ya lol i no most MFCTI players play that much hours  in a week or less

and in tottal i can't count the hours i played on MF ive played the number is in the millions not thounads  biggrin_o.gif  smile_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  ghostface.gif

russin bows to >>>>  MIKE MELVIN thank GOD HE made mfcti...

You play more than 1000 hours each week?

Dear god is there no end to the madness...

easy over 1000 hours hahahaha or sure feels like just finished anthother 2 hour game join up some time id like to frag your noob ass biggrin_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

After reading almost all of the posts (well, not those 363 page books  tounge_o.gif ) I'm considering to try more CR.

Though yesterday I started a CRCTI on a german server. I thought that it would attract european players beacause of the low pings (I'm from Sweden and had 14ms!). Then a guy connects. I says "Hi", he says "It's an MF starting soon", and then he disconnects.

Any comments about that?

like i said you didn't read the Briefing NOTES mabe before ya shoot your mouth off you would see who doesn't credit who

what about CR sal  he credits none but himself lol  tounge_o.gif atleast malbo credit Mike Melvins work witch is way more than a little ammo remover bwaaa hahahahahha

you also say CR copied from you why he not credit you then mabe your full of it  biggrin_o.gif mabe he had to re code yours ? you act like it a crime to use other peoples scripts if your that worried about it then ya better do some hunting around as everybody as a comuinity im sure uses all scripts they can find to use for there needs

makes me laugh when peoples scripts gets used then they whine the blues.

copy right if your worried about it and then start sueing GL  biggrin_o.gif

I know he credits MF in MFCTI.COM version, but not the others he copies from.

if you knew then why you say malbo didn't credit nobody

NOobs posting shit he knows nothing about again then changing it to somthing else about what ? a ammo remover ya complaing about ? make me laugh some more i use it in my missions as well and i credit nobody there is no law go track down all the missions that use scripts from other people the majority don't bother with petty credits anyhow hahaha just look at CR credits LMAO  unclesam.gif

what others ? BTW others means plural seeing how you never read the briefing notes of MFCTI.com missions you seem to know a lot of what is used and like mal said he got it from Wizzywig  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  who care who's it is anyhow 3 year old game where luckey it is still going and MFCTI.com keeps more people in then all is good if CRCTI makes people play OFP all is good i play both but i prefer MF over CR due to his laggy scripting. but CR has gotten a little better since they removed the Voice.pbo/quit.pbo hack from the CR league people accully stay connected when not using that hack this season ive noticed.

stop making scripts if ya don't want people using them if it is even your scripts to begin with i have no clue who's is what i don't bother tracking that and don't care Mike Melvin is the main one to credit as it is his Design as stated in the briefing NOTES CLEAR AS DAY ive not looked at the 1.40 credits ill leave that to you if you want to be botherd. if you feel you should be credited then send a e-mail to the MFCTI league im sure if it is your scripts im sure he wouild chalk in your name if infact it is even your scripts as you claim lol  biggrin_o.gif Mabe send CR a mail too you seem to think he used your scripts aswell but he never wrote it in the briefing notes only credits himself

Quote[/b] ]Coded and designed by:

Cleanrock (Johan Rehnberg)

BED TIME played OFP for 5-6 hours today.... and i told ya million times not to exagerate smile_o.gif

No they dont. Latest version of what? The topic is MFCTI or crCTI not a modification of the two. As far as I remember in MFCTI the res just stands there and takes it, do I have to show you a video or a screenshot?

If you wan´t a good modification of these, then I would say LOELcti is pretty good.

you need to download MFCTI.COM ver 1.40 and test before you make comments on playabilty smile_o.gif

RES now has super snipers/MGs patroling towns, most ppl get popped a few minutes into attacking a town buy a RES AI from across the town or from behind them since its totally random Patrol

Old MFCTI they do just stand around, just like they do in ALL current version of CR, CR only has a few wondering tanks, that do nothing but die between towns and cause no major change in playablity other then alerting ememy scouts where your base start is

that and CR averages 100 RES AI in the towns while ours is close to 600+ (origonal MF was about 230 RES) for some reason CR believed reducing RES AI will reduce lag, but this is only on lowerend servers like his 2.0 that us used to have

and now MFCTI has its well used 30 man CTI, with maxim 1200 AI total but normally peaks 800 AI

CR Maps cant handle that many AI due to scripting he uses to watch over units, I tried to explain it to him but he does not understand, Dont get me wrong, he is an excilent coder, just not very practical

I'll take MF's 800 AI Peak compared to CRs 200 Peak any day

Why should I download mfcti.com, Im still talking about comparisment between mfcti and crCTI not a modification, still I have to repeat my self. Doesn´t matter how many ai can be handled, how ofthen are the ai on teams full in mfcti, how many ais are on the 30 vs 30 map? Looks to be rather BF then a CTI.

Quote[/b] ]CR only has a few wondering tanks, that do nothing but die between towns and cause no major change in playablity other then alerting ememy scouts where your base start is

Those tanks, don´t just wounder around. I belive they are set on propibility on taking towns or continue patrolling. Not allowing to move mhq wherever from the start.

Don´t get me wrong, Ive played mfcti for a long time, if I where to count the numbers in totall, then I would have to say I played mfcti more times. But, the only time I crashed on crcti was not many, mainly because of those voice.pbo or wgl being on. But I can surly say I didn´t play many mfcti untill the end.

you say tomato, I say tomato...

Sounds like healthy competition is working towards a better CTI future. Cheers for clearing up the differences between the different versions. This thread has prompted me to try both of these, which can't be a bad thing surely?

Yeh, this "which CTI is better" discussion always seems to bring out the die hards !

There are people here that must own stock shares in either MFCTI Corporation or CRCTI Holdings ....... they REALLY lay it rather thick hehe .... smile_o.gif

Personnal ........ I quite enjoy a little Doolittle CTB, just for a change and to mix it up from the other variations ... LOL biggrin_o.gif

Gnat @ June 14 2005,15:35)]Yeh, this "which CTI is better" discussion always seems to bring out the die hards !

There are people here that must own stock shares in either MFCTI Corporation or CRCTI Holdings ....... they REALLY lay it rather thick hehe .... smile_o.gif

Personnal ........ I quite enjoy a little Doolittle CTB, just for a change and to mix it up from the other variations ... LOL biggrin_o.gif

ya that was ok tried it a few times but not many times hehe correct me if im worng was that the one with pre built bases ? was neet to try that if ya got a copy of it id like to try it out again as ive played everything that involves mass combat smile_o.gif

and even before there was MFCTI i use to play RTS when it first came out i forgot who created it Karrlion or something like that sorry if i spell his name wrong but it was great fun smile_o.gifghostface.gif

everyone should make up their own mind about which cti they prefer .. dont listen to anyone in this thread .. its all a matter of personal taste

u probably shouldnt listen to this either:

crCTI is completely new implementation of Mike Melvins great CTI-mission idea. Before i started on crCTI i modified MFCTI and called it MFCTI CR-x.x.

either way, its played more very day compared to CR as seen on in game browsers and on the Eye

and is taking over the poll

as for code stealing one should post the code scripts lol and who made them, the only two scripts added were from wizzy wig, that the advance ammo clean up, which looks nothing like CRs code, and the CO disconect that sets % 70/30

as for the rest of the debuggin that was by me, and wizzy knows he was credited it was posted in our news

Lieing out right to say which CTI is better just makes you look foolish

Neither! CTI is really boring. I like much better the RTS3 with much more excitement and many more versions to play instead of same old boring units all time. ww2 or nam or modern or usmc versions...you can play in rts.

You can play as those in cti cant you rock.gif

I am positive there is a ww2 and a usmc, not sure about nam.

crCTI@Nam biggrin_o.gif

http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/index.php?view=118

lol Mal, it does look exacly like cr, only he put to remove handgun ammo aswell. If you wanted to say they look nothing like eachother, maybe you sould have said to wizzy to remove the comment line lol. Who is this wizzy wiz anyway?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; RemoveAmmoBug.sqs

;

; When executed removes any ammo on the ground near the player

_position = getPos player

;_position = _this select 0

_count = 0

#loop

_object = nearestObject [_position,"SecondaryWeaponHolder"]

? (isNull(_object)) : goto "loop1"

_position = getPos _object

deleteVehicle _object

_count = _count + 1

~0.05

goto "loop"

goto "loop1

#loop1

_object = nearestObject [_position,"WeaponHolder"]

? (isNull(_object)) : goto "end"

deleteVehicle _object

_count = _count + 1

~0.05

goto "loop"

#end

? (side player != civilian): player sidechat Format["Removed %1 ammo containers", _count]

? (side player == civilian): TitleText[Format["\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\nRemoved %1 ammo containers", _count], "Plain"]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; RemoveAmmoBoxes.sqs

;

; When executed removes any ammo on the ground near the player

; _position = getPos player

_position = _this select 0

_count = 0

#loop

_object = nearestObject [_position, "WeaponHolder"]

? (isNull(_object)) : goto "end"

deleteVehicle _object

_count = _count + 1

~0.05

goto "loop"

#end

? (side player != civilian): player sidechat Format["Removed %1 ammo containers", _count]

? (side player == civilian): TitleText[Format["\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\nRemoved %1 ammo containers", _count], "Plain"]

Play, make, modifie what ever you want, just dont try to trash other peoples hard work. Shame on you.

Each of these has certain advantages over each other, but I still prefer MF, solely on the fun factor.  CR is definitely more set up for squad matches, but when played in public games, is pretty boring IMO.  

MF rewards individuals for taking towns, destroying enemy vehicles, etc., while CR has no individual rewards.  In 1 CR game, I took 4 or 5 towns by myself at game start, and when I got back to base I could still not afford a Tank, and was forced to buy a lame jeep to continue taking towns.  Point is, if 1 person isn't holding his own in CR, the whole team will notice, in MF, he'll be poor but you're income is determined by you.  In public games, MF is the way to go, you don't have to worry about every one on the team having a full ai squad holding towns.

I prefer the Town Income structure of MF also, rather than every town being equally valuable in CR.  Certain towns (strategic, or large) should be worth more, as this will help the focus the game towards these locations, and create more action in the battlefield.

CR does have a lot of awesome features.  Place & build, AI group leader command, AI observation, transfer Commander, purchase units away from base, etc.  But in the end, I'll pass up every one of these little conveniences if it means I'm going to have a fun game, which is more often than not on MF, vice versa with CR.  

I love tanks and tank battles, so the abscence of this in CR really affects my opinion.  Driving in a jeep until you see another jeep, get out, shoot the driver, keep driving, not my idea of fun.  Plowing across the island with 2 or 3 tanks on your wing, blowing sh*t up, that's my idea of fun.

PS:  Just opinions, not meant to bash either version's editor(s), I respect anyone that puts time and effort into something that few others would, especially if I benefit  biggrin_o.gif .  All in all, I think everyone could learn a lot from each other, if they just listened and worked with each other, rather than yelling about who or what is better, lol.

P.S.S.

InqWiper Posted: June 13 2005,02:55

Quote[/b] ]I belive the people that vote for MFCTI havent played enough CTI. Any of you MF fans that have played over 1000 hours CTI?  

LOL, that's a false statement if I've ever heard one.  Just not the kind of comparison you can make.  There are plenty of CTI vets playing MF. I'd like to think I'm one of them.