Sign in to follow this  
rellis32

Please Help 1.40

I have recently installed the patch 1.40. Now my OFP will not start up at all.  So of course I uninstalled, did a clean install, started OFP, no problem, installed 1.30, started up fine. Installed 1.40 again, same result, will not start.  If anyone can help with this please post.  There are some things in editing of 1.40 i would really like to be able to use.  oh, and i did try downloading from a different sight with the same result.  And the the update stated that it was installed successfully with no errors confused.gif

To be honest, it don't do anything. My hardrive flashes for a moment and then it just sit's there. Even when I eject the CD and insert it, the screen comes up and I push play. It acts like it's going to start, HD light comes on, CD light comes on, and then nothing.

If it helps, I am running WinXP, with a VooDoo 5 card with the microsoft drivers. Via Chipset with a P3 800 pcu.

I read somewhere recently that if you have any CDRW software installed that it would not install correctly?! I dont have any software installed accept for the drivers for my burner and WinMP drivers so I can burn discs. could this be the issue?