Sign in to follow this  
harley 3 1185

ADDON MAKERS

Apart from the usual OFP modelling tools, who out there owns other modelling programs; i.e. 3dsMax, Autodesk, Autocad etc.?

If so, are there any modellers out there who know how to convert models from .3ds to the flashpoint medium? I ask because I'm not a modeller and have no idea how models are made and implemented, but would like to know if it's possible to convert models from other games to Flashpoint.

Quote[/b] ]If so, are there any modellers out there who know how to convert models from .3ds to the flashpoint medium?

In o2 you have an import function to import .3ds files rock.gif

I purchased the 3DSMAX Student Edition...

It was available for olny 109US $....

For OFP modeling I only use O2.

For other purposes I also own Solid Edge 15 and Pro Engineer Wildfire, but those are not for ofp-modeling.

Quote[/b] ]but would like to know if it's possible to convert models from other games to Flashpoint
yes and no.

Many of those models are useless and often (if not all the time) lack LOD's. So although you can import the base model, you'll need to seriously do somewotk on it to make it work and create all the LOD's. The only thing really worth converting to OFP are Counter-strike weapons and various static objects ofcourse.

I never really got the hang of o2 but I'm currently learning 3DS Max for later on in life, might use it for ofp if i get good enough.

I've got O2, 3D Studio Max 6, Speedtree, Xfrog, Onyx Treestorm and NatFX.

Normal: O2, PaintShop Pro 7

Converting: Wings 3D, anim8or, and WCVT2POV, mdl2dxf4, TexView, PAATool

i used to use O2, but i understood that o2 doesn't save blueprints, so i got realy angry...

and then i saw what 3d studio max can do and you can import model to o2, thought thats realy good, but i have another problem, i don't know how to do whole modeling from start to the end, so now i'm not modeling...

waiting till someone will help me understanding 3D Studio Max 7 (got it free ;P )

i used to use O2, but i understood that o2 doesn't save blueprints, so i got realy angry...

1. apply the blueprint texture to a plane

2. open O2 again

3. select the plane where you applied the blueprint on

4. get to the texture mode and then right-click in the window

5. select "background from face" or something like that

Now you have your blueprint back wink_o.gif

I use OË› for modeling combined with Paintshop pro 7 for texturing.. and the usual pbo programs...

I also use Deep exploration for renders of stuff I made with O2, I just used the send as option (asc format). I also use Deep Exploration to convert any format to 3ds so I can import it in O2.

I do hope BIS will release some sort of OÅ‚ for OFP2 wink_o.gif

i own

blender 2.23a

HalOn

Maya 5.0

anim8tor

lightwave

p3dedit

modo is my latest

whohoooo, huge thanx Ironsight!!!!

so many years, but finaly i hear some realy good news, now i can model something by myself!!! man, thats awesome!!!

thanx thanx thanx thanx thanx and many more!!!

i think now my modeling list will update and first complete project will be honda civic coupe 91-95 smile_o.gif (older work with O2: grenade launcher Carl Gustaf M3 (basicaly all modefications, M2, M550 and M3), scoped rifle gun M14L1(just like M-21, but lithuanian production and some differences...) and Su-33)

oh, i love civic coupe! now i can put my hands on it, well, i haven't tryed to create textures, but i think that it would be job, tough, but i know how to use photo shop cs, eventualy i will learn more...

nah, i tryed loading up blueprints from save and it worked! just BEUTIFUL!!! hurah!!!!

P.S. for this help, i give great present for you and all ofp comunity, if someone needs 3D Studio Max 7, just write me a PM, i will upload all 3 CDs into www.yousendit.com

whohoooo, huge thanx Ironsight!!!!

so many years, but finaly i hear some realy good news, now i can model something by myself!!! man, thats awesome!!!

thanx thanx thanx thanx thanx and many more!!!

No problem mate, glad I was able to help wink_o.gif

I use OË› for modeling combined with Paintshop pro 7 for texturing.. and the usual pbo programs...

I also use Deep exploration for renders of stuff I made with O2, I just used the send as option (asc format). I also use Deep Exploration to convert any format to 3ds so I can import it in O2.

I do hope BIS will release some sort of Oł for OFP2  wink_o.gif

try Deep Paint3D

http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/dp3d/

its greate wink_o.gif

my tools of choice are:

O2

Deep Paint 3D

p2ms

Light Unwrap

Adobe Photoshop 7.0 CE