Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

An-72 Coaler

I noticed that the AI tend to crash on CAT's Afghanistan.

I was chasing it with one of OFRP jets, at the same time, well far away and not grouped to this Coaler, there was a Flanker flying paralel to the Coaler, the Flanker wouldn't crash against the mountines, but the Coaler crashed 5 times out of 6, the six time I actually shoot it down with a AA misile.

Its that a AI issue or the plane?

Thanks.

@CERO.

The plane is very recent in Flashpoint, maybe the a.i. didnt get the hang of it yet biggrin_o.gif .

@cero -

It may be that the AI isn't coping well with such a large plane. I'll

try a few maneuvering tweaks to see if I can convince the AI to

fly and land the thing without lawn-darting.

Heatseeker -

The AI not attacking the plane is my fault - the threat values

weren't set properly. This will be fixed.

Footmunch very good addon!!

I love your work smile_o.gif

I want to ask you if i can used your mig-23 and mig-27 and convert them to Iraq Migs..???

Nice plane! The "east side" really needed some mid-size transporter. The actual camo is quite cool and nearly "fits all" terrain. I'm also interested in the Aeroflot sheme. Do you plan a normal "blue" one or a "red" version?

an-72_01.jpg

Would be nice if you could improve the steering (air and ground) and make it turn a little better.

Maybe you're searching for an other camo-sheme then the common "eastern" ones? Here's a relativly new one from Afghanistan. wink_o.gif

an-72_un_01.jpg

an-72_un_02.jpg

Greetz

Plage

Can this plane really fit a apc (BMD) in cargo? Seems doubtfull to me rock.gif , plus helicopter cargo scripts may not work well due to speed and turning, atleast judging from previous addons with cargo scripts. Anyway this plane seems perfect to drop airbourne soldiers mostly because paradroping from helicopters always feels very bs, this bird really makes sense to have in Flashpoint, i hope Foot likes it enough to work a bit more on it smile_o.gif .

Quick update -

Progress is being made on the flight model - AI is currently flying

the plane a lot better. Opposing AI is shooting the plane down.

Beta will probably be updated some time this weekend.

Plage - Aeroflot scheme will be the white 'upper', the blue lines,

then the grey 'lower'. That all white UN scheme is interesting -

maybe for Res side?

Rizk - 72P version (armed) and arctic version (with skis) may

follow, but not for a while.

Vit - Do you want to re-skin them, or change the weapons as well?

arctic version (with skis)

What so it's going to be trying to escape a few F-15's by landing on a snow covered mountain and bond styling it down?

arctic version (with skis)

What so it's going to be trying to escape a few F-15's by landing on a snow covered mountain and bond styling it down?

Arctic support missions (scientific research, etc...) And errr... Yeah there's lots of snow in Russia whistle.gif

Ooooooo new smilies thumbs-up.gif

Could still be useful for some missions, not necessarily hiding since I don't know how good this plane would deal against an few F-15s, let alone one. Could land on snow covered terrain in Finland too, no?

You can land any plane on any surface, as long as you're careful about it smile_o.gif

The problem is convincing the AI to do the same thing banghead.gif

Coaler vs F-15 is the most one-sided battle since Christians vs Lions.

I absolutely adore this plane, it has come a long way since the version I can remember wink_o.gif

The texturing is sweet, inside is very good (ok cockpit a bit less), overal, I love it!

For the carrying cargo bit, you could do hiddenselection boxes in the plane, so it looks like it's carrying SOMETHING, if you want I can explain further with some examples of how it should roughly look.

You have again proved yourself to be one of the best and fastest aircraft builders in the community notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Vit - Do you want to re-skin them, or change the weapons as well?

I love to ,but i have a lots of addons thet i dont complite sad_o.gif

sorry...

Coaler vs F-15 is the most one-sided battle since Christians vs Lions.

What if we called it daniel and threw it into a lion's/f-15's den?

Then obviously it would be able to fire Mig-29s at any incoming planes/lions yay.gif

One thing that's definitely needed in this plane is for the speed to be slown down.  I successfully replaced the AN-124 in my "Operation Condor" mission update and while it worked the dudes got spread out pretty far.

Anyways...that would help alot in airborne insertion missions.  I would also recommend having a rear door that opens up also on the paratrooper version...if anything just for a nicer view as you're going into an insertion if your sitting on one of the end seats.  smile_o.gif

Edit-

Oh also...one more problem I noticed...I haven't tested it using the built in parachute script, but I noticed that if you use an external parachute script where the men eject...they do exit both sides of the door...the only problem is that they seem to eject upwards so they get thrown all over the place.

But if you fix it where the plane goes much slower at "limited" waypoint speeds, then maybe it won't be a problem as I think if I remember correctly on the built in parachute script, they exit through the rear ramp area.  

I'm remaking my old "Operation Condor" misson that used the AN-124 and instead replacing it with your AN-72.  Here are some screenshots of your AN-72 in action. The last pic shows the problem I was talking about...the AN-72 is diving a little but they get flung upwards even when he's flying level.

smile_o.gif

An-72_1.jpg

An-72_3.jpg

An-72_2.jpg

An-72_4.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

New version up now at:

http://www.footmunch.org.uk/beta/rktcoaler_new.rar

Fixes:

1) Flight model improved (including a speed reduction)

2) AI now flies the plane correctly (terrain avoidance, etc).

3) AI landing now works.

4) Paradrop speed increased (smaller time between activation and dropping).

5) Aeroflot paint scheme version.

6) Spinning wheels.

7) AI AA soldiers now attack the plane (Vulcan doesn't though banghead.gif )

Still to do:

Cockpit improvements (instruments and texturing).

Fix for 'upwards' ejection of troops.

Convince BIS Vulcan to fire at the plane.

Finish Aeroflot paint scheme.

I must say that you did an absolutely FABULOUS job on improving the flight handling footmunch!   Big hats off to ya!

It now just flys perfectly.  I hope future versions will have some kind of animated doors linked to the parachute script as well as version with an opening rear ramp.   But aside from that, I just love this plane.  Its just a lot of fun to fly.

Another recommendation for the military version is sticking a flare script on it.  That way it'll have a fighting chance against attacking enemy aircraft and SAM's.

Anyhoo...I'm going to see if I can land this thing in a field. lol

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Wow!  The more I fly this plane, the more I love it.  I'm making a mission where you have to pick up wounded soldiers from the front lines in Nogova near the Nogova bridge.  The trick is that you have to land on a beach.  smile_o.gif  I've been able to do it several times with some practice although at the end of the beach, it curves so ya gotta turn the plane and apply full power to keep from going into the water.  Once you get out, your reinforcements that you brought in disembark while the wounded guys board the plane.  Then I'm able to take off from the beach very easily (easier to take off then to land).  In the mission you then deliver the wounded at the main Nogova airbase.   What I love about this plane is its low speed handling ability.  It really is fantastic and perfect for this type of STOL aircraft.  Its definitely one of the most useful and funnest cargo aircraft I've used so far in OFP.  Below are some screenshots from the mission:

(Oh oops...sorry mispelled "engines" on one caption. lol)

An-72_5.jpg

An-72_6.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

lol look at your armor level though tounge2.gif

j/k

looks nice. downloading updated version now. smile_o.gif