Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Liberation 1941-1945: Barbarossa

nominesine

If you don't actally speak will the fonts be usefull for you?

Good point. But the answer is yes. I speak enough to read the briefings ans titletexts in the game, but without russian fonts i only get strange symbols. And when it becomes too complicated I ask my wife :-)

I will try your link again. Thanks a lot.

deathsai

I guess you know that Tigers never met KVs on the battlefield ;)

And even early T-34-76 were not used when Tigers appears - they were replayced with T-34-85

I don't think that all of the T-34/76's had been replaced by '85s in 1942. So, we need a Tiger to at least fulfill a role as a T-34 killer. Or some sort of heavy German armor, at least. I wouldn't mind seeing Ferdinands eyeheart.gif

Whilst the Tiger never met the KV, I am quite sure that the KV met the T-34 tounge2.gif. The Germans captured a quantity of KVs at the start of the Great Patriotic War and used a number. They were deemed of such superiority by the Wehrmacht that they were planned for use in an Invasion of Malta (which never took place). I'm quite sure they were used against the Russians but I'd have to dig up some records on that.

deathsai

1942 ? Are you speaking about several Tiger's prototypes tested at Stalingrad ?

harley 3 1185

Yes, Nazi used soviet tanks ( and submachine guns etc ;)) - I even saw fotos. For example, the _last_ KV fight took place   at Kenigsberg. The tank was german trophy ;)

Thanks a million times for the installation help bdfy. Russian fonts works perfect now.

I can't help but feel that i'm the only person that hasn't downloaded this....oh well I'll get it sometime.

deathsai

1942 ? Are you speaking about several Tiger's prototypes tested at Stalingrad ?

harley 3 1185

Yes, Nazi used soviet tanks ( and submachine guns etc wink_o.gif) - I even saw fotos. For example, the _last_ KV fight took place at Kenigsberg. The tank was german trophy wink_o.gif

I thought that the first Tigers were used at Stalingrad, but then the first major use was in early 1943 with Hoth's foul-up of trying to save Paulus.

And I know that there were a ton of German T-34s. They look pretty cool, painted in Feldgrau and with iron crosses on the side.

Not a ton, but they had quite a lot. Since they used everything they captured, and in the beginning they captured a shitload.

Having been playing the MOD for the whole week, really a nice ture WW2 MOD and have got different feeling from FDF and other MODS which are based on modern battle. Those WAFFEN SS troops are awesome and could be used for mission agains US and British troops in later war battles. If you add AIA's german face pack to those SS soldiers, oh....!!!

But seems to lack some german and russian voices in the pack, anybody could offer some real russian or german sounds???

Quote[/b] ]

But seems to lack some german and russian voices in the pack, anybody could offer some real russian or german sounds???

There are several russian and german voices included with the mod.

U find them in "voice" and "anonym" in trigger or waypoint effect settings. If u need more check this site

Sengirs Soundpacks

goodnight.gif

scars

Many thanks , Scars09 . You're always helpful! But just a query, whether there is any voice effects which could be used without using trigger in editor? Just like AIA's american and german pack which could hear some voices automatically during fighting without trigger setting in waypoint. It seems the trigger setting is not very convenient and just could be used in specific trigger places. icon_rolleyes.gif

I like this mod a lot biggrin_o.gif but I think the mosin nagan and other bolt action rifles are not lethal enough. Very often, a well placed shot to the chest does nothing to the opponent and that usually means your death because these rifles are slow like hell to reload. confused_o.gif

Lots of misinformation in this thread

Panzershreck was first used in February 1943

Panzerfaust 30 was first used in August 1943, the later subsequent models Panzerfaust 60 and 100 were deployed in September 1944

The first T-34/85 appeared in late 1943

@ofpcat

no libmod hasnt it with the units, but u can use a script for that, but actually the sounds included with libmod arent that good for that kind of script. (most are commands, no hurt screams or stuff).

But for waypoints or triggers the sound are perfect (trigger that check enemy presence, if true a "achtung" scream is cool). I do a mission at moment using lot of waypoint and trigger sounds and its a nearly perfect soundscape (radio disabled completly). But the screams and some samples i will have to add seperatly. Lot of work that brings a lot of atmosphere.

cu

scars

Hi all, aside from the 2 missions that came with the mod, do any other missions exist as yet?

@ofpcat

).  

...But for waypoints or triggers the sound are perfect (trigger that check enemy presence, if true a "achtung" scream is cool.,,,

cu

scars

Yeah, Buddy, Now I'm also using the voices and sounds selection in trigger of the Mod. Really nice to find so many russian and german voices! I also closed the annoying radio reminding and that'll be more realistic to play ww2 games except for the tank battle.

But it seems I've to make lots of triggers in mission to keep such voice atomsphere...

the unit's dont lag at all (i've a 800mhz wink_o.gif ).... the things that make your computer lag as hell the weapon scripts... i mean "big grenades" one.

Can someone explain? The lag on the two demo missions is really bad. Are there configs available without the laggy scripts?

Besides that, great mod!

(But maybe enhance the tracers?)

Thanks

A.

I also encounter bad lags with Liberation mod. A2000, 512Mb, R9600.

oldy41

You can replace original effects scripts with simlier ones ( can be found in add_scripts folder ). But believe me it won't help much sad_o.gif Tank armour scripts are also very laggy (due to @ checks). I even tried to fully disable all the laggy scripts - demo missions are still laggy as hell sad_o.gif

I tried to make MLOD's from ODOL models ( I wonder if it may help just a thouhgt ) - the game crashes with them:(

Let's look forward fot future patches. I hope the lags and multiple litte bugs will be fixed in several releases smile_o.gif

It's really strange. FDF's MOD also has nice fire and blow-up effects but it is not as lag as Lib's Mod. I think maybe the smoke effects mainly cause the lag.

I think the smoke isnt the prob (at least not for me), i think the fragments of grenades do the most lag for me. every time a handfull of soldiers attack a tank with their grenades the lag starts. Even after i changed the configs to less system stressing one. As result i let the at-gun do the tankbusting and took the grenades away from the soldier, that helped a little. Anyway i love the addon and most of the time the mission i did with is absolutly playable (>20fps), lowest fps was 10 (wich is actually 6 more then i get with the 2 demomissions). but i have to admit that i changed my resolution from 1280*1024 to 1024*768 and i disabled dxdll. But it still looks and plays great, if i manage to do briefing and stuff the mission will be uploaded on my site till end of week. Would be interesting what performance others have wile playing it.

notworthy.gif liberation45 notworthy.gif

biggrin_o.gif

cu

Scars09

Game actually runs great for the # of guys you can fit on the screen. I hate about 19 Groups of soldiers on at once and it ran great. That is, until the massive screaming horde of Russians descended on the single Axis squad and tore em up.

But it's usually grenades that cause a slow down for me. Don't think it's the smoke effects, because there's no problem with the tank fights which usually end with a lot of smoke.

I think it's the fragments as well.

Just tried the Mod. Absolutely fantastic work! Great Job!

Really enjoyed the new engagement ranges and the mg engagement ranges. This makes OpFlashpoint more realistic!

Can you guys (Lib Mod team) release just the new engagement ranges as a seperate addon to benefit other addons of the community? I think it would be beneficial to all. This is just my 2 cents. Take care and good job!