Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Liberation 1941-1945: Barbarossa

I guess some of you should learn some facts about WW2 and Stalin's ragime - Detailed Death Tolls for the Man-made Megadeaths of the Twentieth Century - just scroll down a bit to see details on WW2 death tolls.

The numbers are really horrifying so please keep serious when you talk about these matters.

EDIT:

@ June 12 2005,15:15)]Stalin made a lot of awfulthings, but he wasn't nationalist.

ROTFL

The biggest bullshit I've ever heard! Stalin wasn't a nationalist!? So who the fuck was he? Some fucking philanthropist loving all his people inluding Ukrainians, Chechens, Georgians, Tatars and some other Caucasus and Asian nations?

Yep people but avoid to mix between a game and historical facts please wink_o.gif

let us keep talking about only the mod smile_o.gif

Best regards

Tb84

Just back from test mission of the Mod. Having to say it's the most realistic ww2 Mod in current OFP. The sounds of fire and vision of those nice weapon, such as MP40, Kar98, MG34 and tanks are terrific!! Those german tank texture is very very nice and seems no one could do better than that, even Marfy.

Quote[/b] ] Those german tank texture is very very nice and seems no one could do better than that, even Marfy.

rock.giftounge_o.gif

i wouldnt be too sure wink_o.gif

Wildo

I love this mod! One thing that made me decide that this is TEH BEST WW2 MOD EVER! is the damage model.

No more the annoying papertankgrumble shit from other mods. Only thing that is somewhat wierd is the explosions. They are very small and for example a hand grenade explosion sends shrapnel flying. The wierd thing here is that first comes the explosion and 2-4 seconds later the shrapnel appears. It looks quite wierd.

Nice work guys !  Nice models, nice textures !   smile_o.gif

..but serious bug(s) in config and definition:

LIBERATION DEFINITION:

/* Poseidon game configuration */

/* Part of game design, no user editable data here. */

#include "minimal.h"

#include "eden.h"

#include "abel.h"

#include "cain.h"

// some basic defines

#define TEast 1

#define TWest 2

#define TGuerrila 0

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

STANDARD DEFINITION:

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

--------------------------------------

class LiberationGer

{

name="$STR_CFG_GRP_LIB_AXIS4145"

class WHW_Infantry

{

name="$STR_CFG_GRP_LIB_INF";

// trupp

class DX_wh_Squad

{

name="$STR_CFG_GRP_LIB_WHINFSQD";

class Unit0

{

name="1";

side=TEast;

vehicle="DX_whAssSqLdrH";

rank="Sergeant";

position[]={0,5,0};

skill=0.7;

};

class Unit1

{

name="2";

side=TEast;

vehicle="DX_whLMGunner";

rank="Corporal";

position[]={-2,0,0};

skill=0.55;

};

-------------------------------------------------

class Mech_rus

{

name="$STR_CFG_GRP_LIB_ARM";

class lib_T3476_SUMMER_squad

{

name="$STR_CFG_GRP_LIB_T3476SQD_SUMMER";

class Unit0

{

name="1";

side=TGuerrila;

vehicle="Lib_T3441";

rank="Sergeant";

position[]={0,5,0};

skill=0.7;

};

------------------------------------------------

class lib1_sldr_tu  : Soldier

{

moves=CfgMovesMC;

scope=public;

side=TGuerrila;

displayName="$STR_DN_LIB_RKKA_SLDR01";

vehicleClass="$STR_MPTABLE_LIB_RKKA_MEN";

model="\libmod\lib_models\str1";

weaponSlots = WeaponSlotPrimary + WeaponSlotSecondary + 10*WeaponSlotItem + 2*WeaponSlotBinocular + WeaponSlotHandGun + 4*WeaponSlotHandGunItem;

hiddenSelections[]={"coatwrist","p_ppsh","pilhide","helm2h","hid

_art","hid_nagant","Hid_sgt","Hid_sidor"};

weapons[]={lib_svt40,DefaultManWeapons};

magazines[]={lib_SVTMag,lib_SVTMag,lib_SVTMag,lib_SVTMag,lib_SVTMag,lib_SVTMag,lib_rgd33,lib_rgd33};

wounds[]=

{

----------------------------------------

STRINGTABLE:

STR_GUERRILA,Allies,Alliés,Allies,Allies,Allies,Allies,Ńîţçíčęč

STR_WEST,Axis,Forces de l'Axe,Axis,Axis,Axis,Axis,Ăĺđěŕíč˙

STR_EAST,USSR,URSS,USSR,USSR,USSR,USSR,ŃŃŃĐ

---------------------

---------------------

SOVIET UNITS FIGHT AGAINST SOVIET GROUPS sad_o.gif

fighter

God damn it, people!  mad_o.gif

Where the heck are the mods?  crazy_o.gif

I second that question biggrin_o.gif

yo wildo go do your job for I44 and show some progress of your work(finally) tounge_o.gif

Lib. 41-45 has nothing to do with the communistic system its propaganda or stalin.

It`s all in the eyes of the common soldiers\commanders view of how they did their jobs at the front and liberate(d) their country and the rest of Europe from the nazi`s fighting the German army.

It was that simple, so stop the crap about history? if you never even took the time to study it all

The AT guys have huge grenades tounge_o.gif

The mod is nice, the splashscreen is really nice. The music fits nicely with it.

Knowing there was no missions or campigns with it ( sad_o.gif ), went to mission editor.. Desert Island was selected (I like replacement of laptop, btw smile_o.gif ).. Eh? That wasn't desert in cutscene.. Oh well..

Added a solder (All East/West stuff changed, again, nice smile_o.gif ).. Wha, the desert island is.. not a desert crazy_o.gif

Ah well, looks quite nice

I added a few tanks, and an AT guy, effects look good. The smaller nades, the shrapnel seems to be created where it lands, not where the greande goes of and explodes? Shame, cause it means you can't really hide behind stuff to escape it.

Then I added the small bomber planes... wow_o.gif

The handling on it is.. amazing biggrin_o.gif

Then to Nogava (need to get some WW2 islands tounge_o.gif), added two squads of german, a few tanks, a Russian tank hunter squad, and two friendly tanks, that drive into village.... The sounds, and the highly-visible tracers, and the innaccurate weapons.. ghostface.gif

Now the bad : After seeing it seemed to replace the normal units with WW2.. Play the single-missions 40 years in the past? Hmm smile_o.gif

Loaded mission, CTD, "Invalid Crew"... mad_o.gif

Loaded mission in editor (Script test, had a M1A1, two soldiers).. Nope sad_o.gif

Hmm, a Y2K3-style total conversion, buy "Y1945" tounge_o.gif

It's close, just need to make a crew with the same classname and I think most missions would work. Also the weapons would need to be re-classnamed (Make duplicates of them, so there is a WW2 weapon, classed as a BIS weapon. So the Draganov and Mossin are same classname, and theres a normaly named Mossin..)

Hope that made sense, so basicly you replace BIS weapons with WW2, without removing original classname (I.e libMod_Mossin)

Veery nice work anyway biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

Not sure if this has been posted earlier.

I get the huge bang effects (that you get when you shoot a tank with AT rounds) when I use the bayonet and hit the tank. crazy_o.gif

Forgot to mention how much I'm enjoying this mod! Great stuff, it really knocks the tank battles up a notch! biggrin_o.gif

Having a problem with mine  sad_o.gif

When I install it, after it is installed I get a message saying 'Windows could not find 'Operation'. Please make sure you spelt it correctly'

I didn't write anything  rock.gif

I have the same problem, I downloaded the installer into my C:\...\OperationFlashpoint folder (although I think it went to a temporay directory first then copied across...). Anyway I installed the mod into C:\...\OperationFlashpoint and got the message "Windows could not find "Operation". Please make sure you spelled it correctly." And when I click on either the shortcut on my desktop, or the "libmod.exe" itself nothing happens... Does anyone have any suggestions? sad_o.gif

One huge bug...

The Tiger tank (pz IV F) <-- not the F2... Has Shells that doesnt hurt armor? Is anti personell shells or something?

Sorry for my stupidness if it is smile_o.gif Anyway, even if it is... it should have a small effect on armor, right?

Espectro

m000

You people realize that if reporting bugs is done in a constructive way and not in the form of a bitch slap...it's a lot more effective.

I'm sure they will fix them.

Great work on this mod btw. It's awesome! (a few bugs or not)

Thanks for making it. smile_o.gif

Russia to West? No way. The usual WWII modding system is Allies excluding USSR West, Axis East and USSR Resistance. That way the russians have more realistic faces and no black soldiers. Of course, even worse if germans have black soldiers. Not trying to be racist or anything but well... For the sake of realism.

Having a problem with mine sad_o.gif

When I install it, after it is installed I get a message saying 'Windows could not find 'Operation'. Please make sure you spelt it correctly'

I didn't write anything rock.gif

I have the same problem, I downloaded the installer into my C:\...\OperationFlashpoint folder (although I think it went to a temporay directory first then copied across...). Anyway I installed the mod into C:\...\OperationFlashpoint and got the message "Windows could not find "Operation". Please make sure you spelled it correctly." And when I click on either the shortcut on my desktop, or the "libmod.exe" itself nothing happens... Does anyone have any suggestions? sad_o.gif

Same here, but fear not. It doesn't matter smile_o.gif

I installed it on the desktop, saw the error message, ignored it, movel all the files into my OFP directory, and it works.

Yeah, this makes the tank battles much more enjoyable... It's much more enjoyable when you don't have to just to tank, but you got to aim when you're fighting against KV-1E. Great idea! I also love the effects... wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

EDIT: why didn't you include the PDTR (the soviet AT rifle) in this version? rock.gif

if you're having a problem about blah blah, cannot find resistance exe, make sure the icon for liberation, (two look the same) is in your flashpoint directory, & the other on your desktop, have the liberation folder in the directory, of course, & it will work. just make sure you haven't mixed up the two by mistake smile_o.gif

Same here, but fear not. It doesn't matter smile_o.gif

I installed it on the desktop, saw the error message, ignored it, movel all the files into my OFP directory, and it works.

Thank you, I have tried this but I still have no luck... Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Maybe it will work when a patch is released...

olemissrebel: the "libmod.exe" sould be in C\...\OperationFlashpoint, right? and the one just called libmod should be on the desktop. If this is the case I have done this.

Russia to West? No way. The usual WWII modding system is Allies excluding USSR West, Axis East and USSR Resistance. That way the russians have more realistic faces and no black soldiers. Of course, even worse if germans have black soldiers. Not trying to be racist or anything but well... For the sake of realism.

That makes sense. Hope it will become a standard.

Can't help but also notice desert island has been changed drasticly. Not so deserty anymore, now has trees and grass textures wink_o.gif

I can use only a few other addons with the mod. Has probably something to do with the editor tree.

The east/west thing is not a problem, but most units just dont show in the mod editor. It doesnt accept these units if they are already in a mission, also.

Happily the me-109 works, but thats pretty much everything.

Any help would be appreciated.

I get "Invalid Crew" message when I start any mission..plz help..kthx

That makes sense. Hope it will become a standard.

Yes , please update your config like he said , and why have you changed main classes ? , this prevent us to using many good addons that don't have their own main classes  sad_o.gif

This is so the Russians will be able to have russian speech, I think.

Because a long time ago their was a pack that came out which included Russian voices...for the east...Thats why they chose to do it that way is my guess.