Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Nature Pack - Discussion

You can create an alpha channel quickly by selecting all, copying, pasting into a new selection of the same size, then inverting the image, then go to channel mixer, select monochrome and slide all the sliders to the max to make it black and white. Then simply create a new channel in the original image and copy and paste the alpha into it.

But, by using an offset color, if your alpha is a bit off, it will pick up the similar color in the image and the eye can't differentiate between the alpha and the actual texture.

One question, will you be able to place them in the mission editor setting? Or will it not be that kind of addon

One question, will you be able to place them in the mission editor setting? Or will it not be that kind of addon

Well ofcourse (I didn't edited the desert Island to take one pic of a tree or have I?) suspect.gif

So yes everything will be also in the mission editor.

hhm typo suspect.gif

A few damaged trees would be very much apreciated. Burned, knoked, blowed to bits, what ever.

Its looking good mate.

@CERO

Yeah, maybe some big fallen down trees (struck by lightning?  smile_o.gif )

Yes, something for the revels to put in the middle of the road? biggrin_o.gif

gandalf the white, "OFP fans against M4 addons", lol mate biggrin_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

A few damaged trees would be very much apreciated. Burned, knoked, blowed to bits, what ever.

Its looking good mate.

@CERO

Sure, never tought of that good idea. blush.gif

also....

And I know there was a addon some time ago, but it looked a bit like the CWC style plants... >> crappy! confused_o.gif

I wouldnt mind having a Weed plant! wow_o.gif

For making missions about anti drugs ops... And offcourse some fun? I dont know how much work it would be but there is plenty of material available and you also live in the right country for it! biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

There is a weed plant. Ithink it comes with a campaign , if i remember right it was the max powers campaign but iam not sure. Anyway you should look at ofp.cz they host it.

Looks really great! smile_o.gif Nice contrast to the textures of the BIS bushes in the background biggrin_o.gif

Daniel @ June 14 2005,23:08)]Nice contrast to the textures of the BIS bushes in the background biggrin_o.gif

Well the texture I created was from a photo from the branch but somehow OFP always displays it too bright. confused_o.gif

Sorry, I meant contrast as in quality, not lighting, as in they are much better than the BIS ones. tounge_o.gif

The Birch tree, model needs some adjustment but look ok so far;

brgbirchtree20aw.th.jpg

smile_o.gif

Looks great.  biggrin_o.gif

Many trees and stuff in the original OFP don't have much colour variation, so these look really cool. smile_o.gif

Very nice.

Please add some birch trees - I'd love to have a pack including them. (Maybe ask FDF to permit using some of theirs?)

Yea they are included, there's a picture of the tree in the first post. smile_o.gif

Hi BergHoff smile_o.gif

Realy nice trees, good work man wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

If you have question or requests please ask. (And no, no birds are included sadly enough)

No birds? Ohhh, i need to kill some birds tounge_o.giftounge_o.gif hehe

Nice work smile_o.gif

Hi BergHoff smile_o.gif

Realy nice trees, good work man wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

If you have question or requests please ask. (And no, no birds are included sadly enough)

No birds? Ohhh, i need to kill some birds tounge2.giftounge2.gif hehe

Nice work smile_o.gif

brgbirchfield29wv.th.jpg

hehe. I know you want to test your sniper-rifle on some birds but they have a quite safe hiding place in the trees on the screen above. yay.gifrofl.gif (hmm new smileys)

Naturist pack! Wooohooo! yay.gif

Ok seriously now, this is really nice work, its really something that hasnt been adressed in OFP, god, those 1.46 trees....*shudders*...so good job, keep up with it. notworthy.gif

By the way, my opinion is that you ought to get a really complete pack together before you release it, then island makers can potentially just use this pack for all thier trees.

Also, are you making forest sections with these as well?

Well marijuana plants are fine for US drug raid missions, but for simulating the War on Drugs in Colombia, a coca plant would be good.

cocoaleaves.jpg

cocaine-plant.jpg

02.coca.plant.jpg

However my favorite tree is the Magnolia tree. Beautiful smooth bark, huge broad leaves that glitter in the evening sunlight, star shaped branches, and in the spring, huge aromatic flowers that give the air a wonderful scent.

I miss the beautiful Magnolia trees in Pensacola, Florida where I once lived.

sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Berghoff : If you wish I could provide you with some really high quality barktextures...

Just Pm me in case

Greetz