Sign in to follow this  
cozza

Army Ranger: Mogadishu

Budget title? The graphics look old, seems to lack character shadows and the textures dont look too great but... i like the models and the buildings and some other stuff, DFBHD featured big levels and terrains but it looked terrible and played even worse, NL ridicularised the event with a very poor looking, arcadish and even ridiculous game, this one may actualy be better even being a budget game it does atleast look more acurate smile_o.gif .

I wish they would come out with something other than Mog games. They are really getting old......

I wish they would come out with something other than Mog games. They are really getting old......

Far has i know this is the 2nd one, i wouldnt mind having a very good one but i agree that there isnt much interest in playing thru this event when we already know the tragic outcome of it back and forth. Anyway i think a good game would have been ok and not the trash NL released.

Well if the first one sucked (DF-BHD),then why make another that looks alittle better but in the long run wont make it.

I personally don't think it looks that good but it could be better SP wise than BHD was (In one of the pictures the soldiers Arm looks screwed up.) BHD was the first game to take me away from OFP for more than a week. DF2 was the game that got me into OFP. So I thank Nova but this game might beat theirs just hope there is a bit more detail to the enviornment.

Well I got Joint Operations and the new DF:X (Delta Force Extreme) which is a updated remake of DF1.  Both are very similar and both are I think really good for just some quick action on sizable maps.  My beefs is that the grass doesn't give you realistic cammo as it disappears past 50 meters and you stick out as a big black or white dot to a sniper.  

But it still is alot of fun especially when you use team work.

I'm an original DF 1 guy.  <GD> after Miles Teg stands for "Gun Dogs" which is one of the oldest FPS squads around.

The squad moved up from DF1 to DF2, then to DFLW. After that OFP came out and I drifted away from my squad and MP gaming in general, but now I'm back with DFX.

But yeah DF2 was great but driving vehicles is a lot of fun in JO and DFX.  However still nothing tops OFP for realism.  It, I think, overall is the most realistic infantry simulation I've ever played.  smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Delta Force was one of the first PC games I ever played. Aah, happy memories... baddies that died from a .22 rounds to the toe, going straight from standing to prone with no animation inbetween, blowing palm trees in half with 40mm grenades...

What the hell is a voxel, anyway? biggrin_o.gif

What the hell is a voxel, anyway? biggrin_o.gif

serious ? rock.gif

---

my best memories of df1 are night patrols with nv and a sniper rifle, the first game where i fell in love with scoped weopons!

and well that new mog game looks old, had to look twice to realize it as a 2006 title..maybe they should just stop development and give me all teh money instead biggrin_o.gif

first DF game I played was TFD when I brought it in Malaysia for 5 bucks wink_o.gif It was great becuase I got to play as a Aussie which I never see in games smile_o.gif

At least they have tried to get some of the surroundings and buildings there into the game while they miss it totally on other screens.

All Moga games in the past missed the chance of being anything near reality. This doesn´t look real also. A real Moga scenario would include hundreds of AI units rioting through the streets. I haven´t seen this by now.

first DF game I played was TFD when I brought it in Malaysia for 5 bucks wink_o.gif It was great becuase I got to play as a Aussie which I never see in games smile_o.gif

What about VBS-1? tounge_o.gif

I dont count VBS1 as a game.......Its like MS Flight Simulator smile_o.gif

Developed by "Jarhead"?

so

it might be a sequel of their old arcade FPSes

"WWII Sniper: Call to Victory",

"Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare",

"Navy SEALs: Weapons Of Mass Destructio", and

"CTU - Marine Sharpshooter"