Sign in to follow this  
Herpes83

The GeForce 4....soon, very soon

i got gladiac pro 4500 and i aint gonna buy a new 3d-card cuz when i finally do a better one is out and for almost the same price.

im saving my money for ram (so much it will make you sick) and P4 2gig biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Diablo_NL @ Jan. 19 2002,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i got gladiac pro 4500 and i aint gonna buy a new 3d-card cuz when i finally do a better one is out and for almost the same price.<span id='postcolor'>

Is that the card that came with the special version of Giants: Citizen Kabuto? If so, is there a major difference in performance?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ssh @ Jan. 19 2002,14:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well put wobble, I know I'll be geting one, to go along with the Athlon XP 2000+  I bet the new GeForce has better image quality and better DVD playback though, cuz thats the ONLY thing ATi has on Nvidia right now

and PRICE  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The image quality thing and DVD playback isn't up to NVIDIA at all really. Because ATI produce their own chipsets and cards, they end up choosing high quality stuff.

Because NVIDIA licenses their chipsets out to other companies, the third party companies will hold back on spending more on better RAMDACs and physical connectors, which make a huge difference in image quality.

That said, it is possible to find companies who do splash out on better components for NVIDIA based cards, and it really does show (Leadtek being one).<span id='postcolor'>

Yuck Leadtek?confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif? I'd take Hercules, Asus, or a gainward before I bought another Leadek piece of crap. They are instable, they don't OC at all, and the image quality is standard. I tried to move the core up 5MHz, and bam PC crashes everytime. Can't move the memory up at all either.