Sign in to follow this  
Herpes83

The GeForce 4....soon, very soon

The GeForce 4 is going to be released within the next 3 months...and it's gonna be a monster. The GF4 4600 will be a 128 MB card, that's right 128!!! I read all the specs...but don't recall them, so check it out....

What the h.... I am a poor student, and i still have a GeForce2 GTS with a lousy 32 mb. I was saving for the GeForce3 ti500, and i almost have the money, and now the GeForce4 is almost released. AAAAAAAAAAAAAH, the agony...... what to do, what to do. Please give me some advice as i am going crazy. But... but maybe they will make the GF3 cheaper then within these three months. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Gorgi with his pathetic GF2 sad.gif

No actual GeForce4 to date, but Nvidia are supposedly close to finishing their work on the NV25 GPU (probably named GeForce4), apparantly it will be based on a 0.13 micron manufactering process (as used in the the new (and very expensive) Intel P4 Northwood's, and the as yet unconfirmed super Athlon's which will finally take AMD clock speeds far past 2ghz).

We can definately be sure of one thing, any graphics card based on the NV25 GPU will be very expensive, (it is supposed to be more powerful than that used in the X-Box, and I am sure MS don't want PC users to easily and cheaply gain a graphics power boost beyond X-box). It will no doubt cost around Å500-600 for a mid-range one, and because of the X-box connection won't drop below the current GeForce3 price point (around Å300) for some time.So I say go forth and buy your Ti500 (I got my standard GeForce3 a week or so before Nvidia announced the Ti cards and I still don't mind about my choice, you have to buy one day).

Yeah, if you want specs and stuff...search on google.com....i found a bunch of links there

Tell me when the GF4 comes out so i can buy a GF3 to rplace my GF1.

I have money and i intend to keep it in my wallet for a while.

I know that the Geforce 4 is soon gonna be reality. Why do you think they rarely publish anything about the card (think yourself, it is not too tough to get!)? It would force the price of the Geforce 3 to go down! Unfortunately the article about the Geforce 4 didnt say anything about the price..... does anyone already know? (but I guess not) confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You coninced me, i will buy the Ti500. I waited long enough. Thanks....

gorgi<span id='postcolor'>

BE smart about it man, the only difference between the GF3 Ti200's and Ti500's is clock speed, If you biuy a good card you can easily OC it to Ti500 speeds.

GF3 Ti200 = 175/450 ( I believe I may be a little off)

GF3 Ti500 = 225/500

Now if you buy a Gainward GF3 Ti200 for $165.00 U.S. dollars.....you'd save around 150 bucks, and easily get teh same card wink.gif Plus gainward's stock cooling is aready sufficent for that small of an overclock, I have teh Gainward GF3 Ti200 on this rig right now...and it's clocked @250/515, with no problems at all.

As for teh GeForce4's....Nvidia is holding a show in Nevada on Feb.4th in which they will release teh new NV25 chipset to developers, but you wont see an actual card for about a month after that. So we'll be seeing these bad boys in March more than likely.

I heard some specs are a core of 300MHz, with 2x as many rendering pipelines as the GF3(making 8), 128MB of DDR clocked @700MHz, it will be 8x AGP cpmliant(no mobo's support it at the moment, and won't really be that big of an improvement). I'm guessing when first released this thing will easily cost $450.00 U.S., and about a month later-2 months later about $350.00U.S.

But I wouldn't even bother getting a GF4 if you are on anything under 1.4GHz or using PC-133 RAM. as you won;t really see any improvement over your older vcard, unless it's a TNT-2 tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Jan. 16 2002,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unfortunately the article about the Geforce 4 didnt say anything about the price..... does anyone already know? (but I guess not) confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm guessing that it will cost a lot.

Damage Inc Thank you very much for this informative answer! biggrin.gif

Question II: Ahm, I know that this question does not belong here, but hey...you know me too! I got a P4 1.3......can I, one day take out the little processor and put in a faster chip, lets say the 2.2 Ghz? I run on Rimm and I think I got a 850 motherboard

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Jan. 16 2002,19:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damage Inc Thank you very much for this informative answer!  biggrin.gif

Question II: Ahm, I know that this question does not belong here, but hey...you know me too! I got a P4 1.3......can I, one day take out the little processor and put in a faster chip, lets say the 2.2 Ghz? I run on Rimm and I think I got a 850 motherboard<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, you can't... I think the earlier boards are good up to about 1.7Ghz. The 2.0Ghz P4s are basd on the Northwood core, which won't work in older mobos.

When i buy a GF3 ti500, i buy it tax free, so 19% goes of the price. I buy it in a store where certain companies can buy their stuff there taxfree, and a friend of mine works there. when i need something, he buys it. A GF3 ti500 costs in that store € 475, the ti200 costs € 329. Indeed it is a big difference. The Asus V8200 T2 Deluxe 64Mb AGP costs € 315.50 . Is this one the same as a Ti200 (t2=ti200) or what. I cannot figure out if it is GF2 or GF3

I got a Geforce 3 when it just came out. i heard they were good overclockers which made it an even better selling point

to me.

i hit 220Mhz core 520Memory with the stock cooling, solid.

235 core was a little buggy. did i pay for a Ti500? NOPE

I also got a p4 1.8Ghz upto 2.1Ghz with stock cooling also.

my point?......MURDA INC. is very right about the GFTI200.

if you pick the right goods at a lower price you can make them faster than if someone went out and bought it made at that speed.

If i had a budget for a new card the GfTi200 looks good.

would it be useful then to have a P4 1.7 with a Geforce 4?

Anyway, is there any game on the market that exhaust the qualities of a G4? I think not! confused.gif

it is supposed to be more powerful than that used in the X-Box

thats no biggie, a GF2 ULtra is probably a better canrd that whats in the X-Box.

Consoles are always far behind PC's in technology, because whatever technology you find in a console has already been used in a PC.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ssh @ Jan. 17 2002,07:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damage Inc Thank you very much for this informative answer!  biggrin.gif

Question II: Ahm, I know that this question does not belong here, but hey...you know me too! I got a P4 1.3......can I, one day take out the little processor and put in a faster chip, lets say the 2.2 Ghz? I run on Rimm and I think I got a 850 motherboard<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, you can't... I think the earlier boards are good up to about 1.7Ghz. The 2.0Ghz P4s are basd on the Northwood core, which won't work in older mobos.<span id='postcolor'>

The P4's aren't "based" on teh Northwood core, as it was just released, now there is a P4 2.0GHz Northwood, as well there is a P4 2.2GHz Northwood. But the older P4's are based on the willamette core. The new P4's that are based on the Northwood core are labeled like this "P4 2.0GHz A", and they will have a 512K cache, instead of 256k.

But Intel is way overpriced and AMD is better so who cares tounge.gif. I'm waiting on AMD's XP 2000+ to drop a little in price(Jan.27th AMD has a price cut) then I'm gonna grab me one, and OC that baby to past the 2.2GHz Northwood's, as teh P4 2.2GHz Northwoods are only slitly faster at the moment, and are about $300.00U.S. dollars more. I still am confused as to why gamers get duped into buying Intels hype sad.gif

I wonder how many FOOLS will buy the GF4 when it first comes out??

I imagine I will get one.. but not untill ATi puts out something to compete with it and thus drives its price down to 2/3 to 1/2 what it costs.. that and the fact that there would probably very very little if ANY benifit of running a GF4 on anything slower than say.. 1.6ghz.. than a GF3.. below that there would probably be little difference.. and certinley not enough to warrant the price difference.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 17 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder how many FOOLS will buy the GF4 when it first comes out??

I imagine I will get one.. but not untill ATi puts out something to compete with it and thus drives its price down to 2/3 to 1/2 what it costs..  that and the fact that there would probably very very little if ANY benifit of running a GF4 on anything slower than say.. 1.6ghz.. than a GF3.. below that there would probably be little difference.. and certinley not enough to warrant the price difference.<span id='postcolor'>

Well put wobble, I know I'll be geting one, to go along with the Athlon XP 2000+ biggrin.gif I bet the new GeForce has better image quality and better DVD playback though, cuz thats the ONLY thing ATi has on Nvidia right now wink.gif

Well put wobble, I know I'll be geting one, to go along with the Athlon XP 2000+ I bet the new GeForce has better image quality and better DVD playback though, cuz thats the ONLY thing ATi has on Nvidia right now

and PRICE biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 18 2002,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well put wobble, I know I'll be geting one, to go along with the Athlon XP 2000+ I bet the new GeForce has better image quality and better DVD playback though, cuz thats the ONLY thing ATi has on Nvidia right now

and PRICE biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The image quality thing and DVD playback isn't up to NVIDIA at all really. Because ATI produce their own chipsets and cards, they end up choosing high quality stuff.

Because NVIDIA licenses their chipsets out to other companies, the third party companies will hold back on spending more on better RAMDACs and physical connectors, which make a huge difference in image quality.

That said, it is possible to find companies who do splash out on better components for NVIDIA based cards, and it really does show (Leadtek being one).