Sign in to follow this  
Herpes83

The GeForce 4....soon, very soon

The GeForce 4 is going to be released within the next 3 months...and it's gonna be a monster. The GF4 4600 will be a 128 MB card, that's right 128!!! I read all the specs...but don't recall them, so check it out....

What the h.... I am a poor student, and i still have a GeForce2 GTS with a lousy 32 mb. I was saving for the GeForce3 ti500, and i almost have the money, and now the GeForce4 is almost released. AAAAAAAAAAAAAH, the agony...... what to do, what to do. Please give me some advice as i am going crazy. But... but maybe they will make the GF3 cheaper then within these three months. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Gorgi with his pathetic GF2 sad.gif

No actual GeForce4 to date, but Nvidia are supposedly close to finishing their work on the NV25 GPU (probably named GeForce4), apparantly it will be based on a 0.13 micron manufactering process (as used in the the new (and very expensive) Intel P4 Northwood's, and the as yet unconfirmed super Athlon's which will finally take AMD clock speeds far past 2ghz).

We can definately be sure of one thing, any graphics card based on the NV25 GPU will be very expensive, (it is supposed to be more powerful than that used in the X-Box, and I am sure MS don't want PC users to easily and cheaply gain a graphics power boost beyond X-box). It will no doubt cost around Å500-600 for a mid-range one, and because of the X-box connection won't drop below the current GeForce3 price point (around Å300) for some time.So I say go forth and buy your Ti500 (I got my standard GeForce3 a week or so before Nvidia announced the Ti cards and I still don't mind about my choice, you have to buy one day).

Yeah, if you want specs and stuff...search on google.com....i found a bunch of links there