Sign in to follow this  
Pyronick

Wildlife and civillians

In-game Wildlife as in form of seagulls, eagles, hawks, wolfs, deers, hares, wildrabbits, cats, etc is something that attracted me since I played FarCry, Deer Hunter, etc.

I don't know why but the ambience is like very realistic when you have wildlife ingame.

It gives you the idea like you are the soldier in this world, not a gamer which you can feel when you play Wolfenstein, Quake, Doom 3 etc.

If the upcoming ArAs would be more a simulator then why not add some sort of wildlife.

Preferrably with the models used in the VBS1 add-on of course.

And civillians are feature I can't miss in ArAs too.

And I the reason of more civillians come by the concept to see more variety between children, adolescenses, aged people, african-, indian people, etc.

Of course there needs to be some sort of AI changing but hey, if this would be implanted you can't say BIS didn't change the AI!

Anyways these are thing I hope to see in ArAs.

Of course together with JIP, SpeedTree RT, VoIP, NovodeX, Dynamic Destruction, Dynamic Interactive Cockpits, etc.

Yes animals is a must, also the ability to take cover behind dead cows ect.. (saving private ryan style)

Quote[/b] ]And civillians are feature I can't miss in ArAs too.

And I the reason of more civillians come by the concept to see more variety between children, adolescenses, aged people, african-, indian people, etc.

I would also like to see this, also dont forget Fat and Skinny, built and small framed variation in civillians as well as soldiers. If it isint too much to ask. Also correct me if im wrong but wouldnt the game get banned if it is possible to kill children? I remember hearing some where that children wernt included in games where killing occures because in many countrys its against the law or somthing.

Guest Ti0n3r

I've spooted a bird in one of the the OFPxbox trailers.

So it's pretty safe to say there will be birds in ArAs as well.

(I hope). smile_o.gif

Yes animals is a must, also the ability to take cover behind dead cows ect.. (saving private ryan style)
Quote[/b] ]And civillians are feature I can't miss in ArAs too.

I would also like to see this, also dont forget Fat and Skinny, built and small framed variation in civillians as well as soldiers. If it isint too much to ask. Also correct me if im wrong but wouldnt the game get banned if it is possible to kill children? I remember hearing some where that children wernt included in games where killing occures because in many countrys its against the law or somthing.

And what if you can't kill civillians? Or what if you can't kill children?

@T1on3r:

If you are killed then you transform in a bird as some sort of respawn to spectator stuff.

Its also in some mp-mission in CWC-1985.

And since Battlefield 2 will have birds, and because BF2 is some sort of concurrent I think ArAs must have wildlife.

Wildlife with independent packs/groups/rudels of animals which hunt on others.

Of course there should be radio signals like:

<span style='color:blue'>3:",WOLF, 10 o'clock, 100"</span>

And every animal should have a variable setting like hungry or thirsty.

So they will look for water or other animals.

Playing animals would be nice too.

But I know that AI for such things are hard to make but if this feature would be in ArAs it would break a new age of simulation.

Other than that I want the AI not to be able to see through smoke or fog.

Of course wildlife should be on the Civillian side, but think about guard dogs of the West and East side.

Of course in variety: Bouviers, German shephards, etc..

Guest Ti0n3r
@T1on3r:

If you are killed then you transform in a bird as some sort of respawn to spectator stuff.

Its also in some mp-mission in CWC-1985.

I have known that for almost 4 years. rock.gifsmile_o.gif

Also, that bird spectator thing is in every mp-mission. wink_o.gif

I agree that there should be civilians and wild life,Wild life as in bears and deer and such not just birds.Bf2 will have birds and it's not even a mil sim.Civilians you can have men,women,and children.Also during multyplayer people can play as a civilian as well especially during clan matches were we have Special Operations which train civilians and stuff,Always did it with a huge OFP clan callen Intel Combat Marines.All this stuff is a must for a military simulator.

Wildlife with independent packs/groups/rudels of animals which hunt on others.

Of course there should be radio signals like:

<span style='color:blue'>3:",WOLF, 10 o'clock, 100"</span>

hmm, interesting idea, but I don`t think they would bother with this, there is a lot of other things which are a must.

Also I don`t think this wolf would be seen at all in real life, he would escape quickly just after spotting the soldiers.

or not-wolves are.....ummm....(must learn more english)...well they'll kill you if you go near them in real life.

Do also remember that it would be rare to see one. Most of the animals listed would flee from your footsteps but fire a bullet and they're long gone. As nice as birds are it is pointless putting in Deer, Rabbit or other game as they wouldn't be within 100m of any battlefield.

But I would still like to see every know and then a bird and or deer while I'am playing multiplayer or single player,It just gives it a little touch.

Also civilians for online play are a must!,Even if they just run around and stuff,Like if they hear and explosion they start running,Like in the GTA series civilians like that would be sweet!

Video of Kangaroo in VBS1

http://virtualbattlespace.com/downloads.htm

The sheep one doesn't work for me, and im downloading the kangaroo one now. Hopefully they can ad the sheep into Armed Assault.

Screen Shots of Animals

http://virtualbattlespace.com/screenshots.htm

Screenshots of a ram, camel, fox and a rabbit.

Lets hope they just copy the .pbo's from VBS1 folder to ArmAss folder.

Flocks of small birds startling from trees is pretty high on my list. Perhaps they only startle if someone nearby is in a standing position, or running....or firing a gun...

It would be intresting if a kangaroo, cow or a deer totalled your vehicle on a blind bend.

(and then if you could trade in the wreck for a couple of camels perhaps).

Or if you could herd the sheep into your bedroom.

Maybe someone will mod a sheepdog.

The original Lucasarts flight sims (Their Finest Hour, Battlehawks 1942) had amazing manuals, and I wish more modern games lavished as much attention on the documentation.

What would be cool is if BIS invested in a "Field Manual" for AA, and made it an optional purchase. That way, there could be an advanced manual full of info and stuff available without adding too much to the game price.

The original Lucasarts flight sims (Their Finest Hour, Battlehawks 1942) had amazing manuals, and I wish more modern games lavished as much attention on the documentation.

What would be cool is if BIS invested in a "Field Manual" for AA, and made it an optional purchase.  That way, there could be an advanced manual full of info and stuff available without adding too much to the game price.

Yer that would be a good idea.

except it's the wrong thread wink_o.gif

In real life forests and islands in OFP are too small to have any of the larger animals (bears, wolves, deer etc). Hares and rabbits - yes. Some dogs - yes. Heaps of birds - definitely. As for larger animals not until ArAs 2 I'd say.

In real life forests and islands in OFP are too small to have any of the larger animals (bears, wolves, deer etc).

Who knows? Maybe some small roe deer will find enough space and feeding to make their living there? smile_o.gif

Not that I really know, just guessing tounge_o.gif .

Birds are nice but It can be quite sad If you accidently shoot one with a HEAT rounds from a tank sad_o.gif .

(=) But anyway if it will be possible I want to make some birds like the one in my backyard, a squirrel, erinaceus europaeus, bunny and a frog. biggrin_o.gif woohoo.

i'm sure they can at least add the ones from vbs1, if they can really not be bothered, they can at least do that. I don't care about larger animals, and personally think wolves are a bit extreme, any island inhabited by humans which is smaller than 200kmsquare would have it's wolf population wiped out in weeks...smaller animals and the likes off sheeps, dogs, cats and birds are a must thought

In real life forests and islands in OFP are too small to have any of the larger animals (bears, wolves, deer etc).

Who knows? Maybe some small roe deer will find enough space and feeding to make their living there? smile_o.gif

Not that I really know, just guessing  tounge_o.gif .

hehe

Anyway... I think bunnys would be cool...

Imagine laying down scanning the horizon... suddenly, u see 2 bunnys making a run away from some bush 200 metres away... i wonder would could be hiding there?

They are already there in OFP 1 wink_o.gif

My quick thoughts on animals visualized:

Hirsch1.jpg

rogerrabbit.jpg

biggrin_o.gifwow_o.giftounge_o.gif

This just made my day! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks, Bals!

Oh, and the forests & islands are actually more than big enough to support at least roe deers, wild boars and other medium sized animals.

They are really needed, seeing the ocasional animal would really add to the experience, some rabbits, sheep and some birds would be so nice smile_o.gif .

I think Suma made a quiet promising comment!

I think it is save to say they made it in. xmas_o.gif

Yeah, i think BIS will put some animals though i can already see people posting:

"What?? No Rhino's? No T-Rex? No sharks?.."

The usual stuff...

maybe some carnivores? biggrin_o.gif i personaly think its not so important. but with animals will be a bit closer to reality.