Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

MP Voting/Admin Console released

Current version: 0.9 (beta)

Real demo mission included

DOWNLOAD LINK

What is it? From the readme:

"The Voting/Administrator Console (VA console) is a tool for MP mission makers. It provides an easy method for players in a mission to vote on editor-created actions, such as adjusting the weather, increasing the difficulty, spawning vehicles, punishing players, or anything else the editor can imagine. Specific players can be given "admin" status, which, among other things, gives them access to extra, admin-only actions, and lets them initiate any of these without a vote.

The VA console is simple to implement, and, although it comes with a number of useful pre-made functions/settings, it is highly customizable. The editor has full control over basic settings such as how long votes stay open, how often players can initiate votes. The actions available to the players and admins are created and determined by the mission editor, and can do any scripted code desired."

-----------------------------

I originally started making this for a mission I am working on, but I decided it would make a great tool for other mission makers to use. ANY mission type can benefit from this console, to a lesser or greater extent.

Please let me know what you think of it, how I can improve it, if you ever use it, and so on.

Included in the download is the readme, scripts, and a BIS mission that has been converted to use the console ("Lost Squad").

Screenshots:

vac2.JPG

Starting a new vote

Changing a vote in the polls

Admin only panel

Also, bear in mind that the size, position and colors of the dialog can easily be changed by adjusting a few #defines in the description.ext.

verrrryyyyyyyy nice !

great work mate smile_o.gif

very useful for coops guys i'd say

Gosh I can be Dungeon Master!!! AD&D in OFP smile_o.gif

T.

Gosh I can be Dungeon Master!!! AD&D in OFP smile_o.gif

T.

tounge_o.gif Yup, that is one big thing I can imagine this being used for. Think of it: you have one player who acts as the 'game master' (for lack of a better term), who does things like brings more enemies to bear vs the players, helps the players with reinforcements, re-routes the enemies to the player's weak spot, and on and on. A great way to keep the game interesting and unpredictable. Humans always make better play-mates than computers. smile_o.gif

Very nice ............. probably come real handy for Armed Assualt when it get the Join-game feature.

Vote:

Kick and ban CS player who just joined and TK'ed biggrin_o.gif

Pretty cool, thanks I might use this one day.

Surprisingly there are a lot of things that require adminning in a large scale mission (my fav), this may be a good way to vote in someone and give them access to an unrestricted console etc.

Regards

This looks great Barron, maybe this is something that can be put to use in coop cti games.

Thanks for the comments all. Please let me know if you use it and have any specific comments/suggestions/complaints. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] maybe this is something that can be put to use in coop cti games.

Don't think that this can only be used for coop. I've played regular CTI missions (MFCTI?) where players can vote to enable/disable certain game options, like more $$, accel time, and so on.

The same thing could be done with this console, only it is easier to implement, since all the voting options aren't "hard coded" deep in the mission somewhere. Oh yeah, and I've done all the hard work with counting/transmitting votes too. smile_o.gif

Another GREAT release from the scripting genious General Baron. I swear, more inovative stuff comes out of you.... biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the comments all. Please let me know if you use it and have any specific comments/suggestions/complaints. smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ] maybe this is something that can be put to use in coop cti games.

Don't think that this can only be used for coop. I've played regular CTI missions (MFCTI?) where players can vote to enable/disable certain game options, like more $$, accel time, and so on.

The same thing could be done with this console, only it is easier to implement, since all the voting options aren't "hard coded" deep in the mission somewhere. Oh yeah, and I've done all the hard work with counting/transmitting votes too. smile_o.gif

In non coops there has to be a cutoff time when voting stops.

It's very easy to abuse this in MFCTI by voting on things when it suits your team and turning them off when the opponents benefit.

Quote[/b] ]In non coops there has to be a cutoff time when voting stops.

It's very easy to abuse this in MFCTI by voting on things when it suits your team and turning them off when the opponents benefit.

Ah, good suggestion. Technically the stuff is already there for the scripter to do that, since I included functions to disable certain votes (so he could just wait a while, then disable those votes). I might find a better way to do the specific thing you are talking about in the next version though.

Quote[/b] ]Kick and ban CS player who just joined and TK'ed

Hehe, or vote:

TKer setPos [getMarkerPos Jail select 0, getMarkerPos Jail select 1, 500];

?(player==TKer): disableUserInput true;

Quote[/b] ]?(player==TKer): disableUserInput true;

I tried that for my "banish player" option (an action that is included in the download), but it was just too mean. smile_o.gif

General SIR Yes SIR !

How can i change the Color of the dialog ?

Because the white Description is to shiny for my Settings

THX

General SIR Yes SIR !

How can i change the Color of the dialog ?

Because the white Description is to shiny for my Settings

THX

Open up the description.ext. Near the top of it you will see this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//------------------------------------------------

// DIALOG COLORS

// By editing these defines you can change the

// color of the dialogs.

//------------------------------------------------

#define VAC_clr_background {0.742, 0.668, 0.500, 1} //background

#define VAC_clr_label {0.379, 0.238, 0.020, 1} //labels

#define VAC_clr_listbox_tx {0.379, 0.238, 0.020, 1} //listbox text/outline/highlight

#define VAC_clr_listbox_hl {0.832, 0.793, 0.711, 1} //listbox highlighted text

#define VAC_clr_description {1, 1, 1, 1} //description textbox text/outline

#define VAC_clr_button {0, 0, 0, 1} //button text

#define VAC_clr_background_ol {0.379, 0.238, 0.020, 1} //background outline

Those #defines are what colors the VAC uses. A comment on each line tells you what parts of the dialog use that color.

The numbers in the braces (like {0,0,0,1} for example) determine the colors. The colors are in the standard OFP color format: {Red, Green, Blue, Alpha}, ranging from 0 (no color) to 1 (full color). "Alpha" determines how transparent the color is: with 0 being invisible, and 1 being fully opaque.

Just change whichever colors you want, save the file, then reload the mission. Run it and see the changes.

The color you specifically mentioned is defined on this line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define VAC_clr_description {1, 1, 1, 1} //description textbox text/outline

I encourage you to try changing the other colors as well, to make the dialog fit the "theme" of your mission.

Let me know if you still have questions. smile_o.gif