Sign in to follow this  
jankyballs

Getting Hacked?

My computer has been running really slow lately and a bunch of my games havent been working (Including OFP, which when I try to start it says "No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI.MP Table"). Also, it seems Norton Systemworks has been hacked too, making it unable for me to scan for viruses and delete them. And, I cant delete Norton to download it again. Im pretty sure Im being hacked, Im probably going to have to do the master reboot, but is there any alternatives to solving this?

Troubleshooting forum is for troubleshooting OFP only.

If you have specific product queries, please direct them at the software vendor you have purchased them from.

Since you seem to have a general problem, however, I am going to allow this.

Boot up the computer in safe mode, in case you dont know how to do this go to run and type msconfig and click ok.

Now your in safe mode you can rename and remove any malicious programs. DO yor scan offline, get any names of possible malious files and DO the safe mode thing, ti worked for me. Also grab a free trail of another virus checker tool say McAfee. Just to be sure.

After safe mode the next time you boot up it may ask you an option for Safe or Normal, hopefully all is well.

I got a few trojans recently from a dodgey download and removed them this way as my PC kept crashing before i could enter my virusscan.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ok this sounds like you have a spyware/virus infestation...rather than a 'hacker'.

Some spyware isnt easily detectable as a virus or spyware...these are usually caller "droppers"...they are small apps that are downloaded much the same as cookies that then open a 'backdoor' in your security to download other Malware etc.

I would download Kaspersky Free Trial software and do a full scan.

If that doesnt find anything try some other Anti Spy ware apps like:

Spybot S&D

Adaware Personal SE

Most vendors have different ideas of what constitues a virus/spyware signature its always best to try several to make 100% sure.

Good luck

Rock

Safe mode + HijackThis = a lot less goobers.

Running as a non-admin user = even less goobers

Using Firefox instead of IE = almost no goobers

Staying away from Anime pr0n war3z #IRC bots = no goobers at all.

That'll be $150 per hour, rounded to the nearest hour, 4 hours minimum. Thank you. smile_o.gifcrazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Download some good anti spyware software, the one's that Rock posted are some of the best. Like any anti virus software you have to keep them updated! Also use firefox instead of IE, this will reduce the amount of spyware. download and install the updates for windows un a regular basis. Doing this should keep you in the clear.

These forums are not the place for such basic PC troubleshooting that can be solved by spending 2 minutes in google.