Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

MP "friendly" mods

Hi guys,

I've got a big LAN session coming up soon, and was wondering which of the "total conversion mods" are the most MP friendly? We have used FDF in the past, but I wanted to try out FFUR, Y2K3 or ECP...

Any ideas/advice would be much appreciated. wink_o.gif

- Fubar

WGL is pretty fun on MP, you need more cooperation on that mod too.

Played with a friend once, it was fun when we finally got the mortar up biggrin_o.gif

Also that the Humvee got MG or a grenade launcher is good.

What I'm trying to say is that WGL gives you more realism and war then any other mod does (my point of view)

EDIT: Thinking about the mod I wonder why there ain't more CTI or Coop servers that uses WGL.

coop mostly because of lack of maps i'd say

but this might change soon ... wink_o.gif

We ended up playing FDF for about 11 hours, but next time I really want to try one of the "total replacement" mods. wink_o.gif

FDF is great for MP missions, don't you think?

Too bad almost all of the servers that has FDF is locked, I want to play FDF CTI again sad_o.gif

BTW, have you tried CSLA II on MP yet?

IRDF's uses Y2K3 and FDF no problems in MP (Mainly used Y2K3 so far, previous squad used FDF with no problems).

If you use Y2K3 7.1, make sure everyone has 7.1, if some have 7.0 and some have 7.1, you get crashes and lock ups, but if all are same version, it works perfectly. FDF never had a problem with at all.

WGL is largely MP mod, if I'm not wrong, and used FFUR in MP fine too (Biggest reason IRDF doesn't use it is there aren't as many units included with it, Y2K3 comes with lots of addons, like HYK which has Woodland, Desert and winter normal soldiers, SF Soldiers, various vehicles in the 3 camos etc)

- Ben

BTW, have you tried CSLA II on MP yet?

Not yet - I probably will when more MP missions get released by the community. I might have a go at converting some to CSLA units myself...

Been using MWP3.0 for mp use with FlashFXmod2.0 running with it. Clan brewed mod for MP use its the smallest one of them all and usually can get on to a 80% of the servers with it.

It can be had over @ http://set-team.org/ It was geared for a clan that has a lot of military players on it a few really nice MP missions come out of there as well. Tt also has drop in support for most addons on the fly.

Next be FFUR taken it on a few mp servers with little hastle unle you ahve a heavy ended scripted mission then something like all mods break. I did blow up on server using most of them. Runnig WGL tend to make map reading with other players a bit of a chore. They give you ofp grids you have marine grids.