Sign in to follow this  
kakagoegie

Operation Hippo

For campaign dowload link(s), see second post!!

Hello OFP/WOII fans,

I just wanted to let you know that in a few days (1-3), I will release the first part of my WW II campaign: Operation Hippo. I only need to add briefings now. You will play as a pilot, tank commander and as a GI.

Here is the story:

"After the invasion of Italy. Allied Command was thinking of an invasion of France. Their plan was to attack France from the south. Before they could make their move, they would have to attack the coastal defences. The aircraft for this mission would leave from the mainland of Italy. They would just have

enough full to make their run and get back.

But the AA defence above France was very heavy. A lot of planes were shot down while they attempted to attack the coastal defences. In the period from 1 January to 30 March we lost 154 planes. Most of them could have been saved if they would have been able to make an emergency landing.

Because of this, Allied Command decided to seize the little island of Everon, 60 miles out of the Frenchcoast. The island has a runway, so damaged planes can make an emergency landing there. The plan to seizethe island is called: OPERATION HIPPO. The invasion will take place tomorrow, the 11th of May 1944."

The campaign won't have any intro's/outro's.

I will release my campaign in parts of three missions. So you don't have to wait extremely long for it to be released.

You will need a few addons:

WWIIEC US pack 1.11

Invasion44 demo

Corsair F4U

Messerschmitt Bf 109

2 CM German Flak 30 Gun

Flak 36

Kolibri pilot

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  Well guys here it is  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Operation hippo part 1  only 1.60 mb

Operation hippo part 2 only 5.08 mb

You'll have to scroll down and select your kind of download. I suggest 'free'. Than a timer will begin. When the time=0. Than you can click the dowload link for the dowload to start.

If you got questions or remarks, just tell them at this topic.

I will keep working on other parts of the campaign, so I hope you will help me making it better and better.

Kool can't wait to play this biggrin_o.gif

Love ofp WW2

You should substitute the Corsair with something else like the Mustang because it was a carrier plane and saw action mostly in the pacific.

Also, I cant start the mission because it says im missing "iwpilots" I downloaded all the addons that you listed : /

Well, in the airplanes addons. In the readme's, you can see that you have to download pilot addons. I'll list them at the addon list.

I also downloaded the P-51 Mustang. And i must say that I don't like it. Although it's a bit unrealistic, I will keep the corsair in the campaign.

Your choice. Good that you included the pilot link biggrin_o.gif

Edit: I played the first mission, but I was getting 6 max fps when the flaks started shooting. The lag makes it impossible to play.

I have 1.5 gb of ram and a nvidia geforce 6800 GT. Plus there is so much flak that 6 planes stand no chance.

Other than that, it looks very good. Just try to find a way to cut the lag.

Well, in the airplanes addons. In the readme's, you can see that you have to download pilot addons. I'll list them at the addon list.

I also downloaded the P-51 Mustang. And i must say that I don't like it. Although it's a bit unrealistic, I will keep the corsair in the campaign.

What about the P-38 Lightning? I thought it was a very well made addon...

Edit: I played the first mission, but I was getting 6 max fps when the flaks started shooting.  The lag makes it impossible to play.  

I have 1.5 gb of ram and a nvidia geforce 6800 GT.  Plus there is so much flak that 6 planes stand no chance.  

Other than that, it looks very good.  Just try to find a way to cut the lag.

Hmm, never mentioned anything about lag.

If you think that's the 1th mission is to difficult, I'll give you some hints.

First take out the flaks with rockets. Use the 'v' button to aim better.

Than take out the enemy airplanes. Get on their tail and use MG to take them down.

Than destroy as much as you can and get to the endmission point.

Even steal the car is difficult with 3-5 FPS dont you think?

Can you update the link please? It's dead sad_o.gif

It's not dead.

You will have to scroll down and click free download. Than a timer will start. When time = 0, you can click to download.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm half way the second mission of part II. This part will also consist of 1 pilot mission, 1 GI mission and 1 tanker mission.

TRy to change sth with the playability .Do ya have DXDLL?So you could check the Framerate.The FR is quite down and st. a Diashow appears.Try tofigure out wich scripts are causing that stucks and release a light version of your scripts.

Are you only having trouble at first mission, or also at other missions. I never experienced anything about low framrates. But I will make light version of part I as soon as I've finished part II. So plz tell me where the problems are.

AAAAH, bit angry

I'm so stupid. I had just finished the second mission. Wanted to begin with thirth mission. And saved it with SAME name.

AARGHH it's so stupid, I just ruined a weeks work.

Well, I'll keep up the work. But there will be some delay

sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Ok guys just wanted to let you know:

After a long pause I started working on the campaign again yay.gif. I still got about 1,5 mission to do before I release Part II. I'm almost done with school now. Only a few tests. So expect Part II to be released in about 2 weeks.

Sorry I kept you waiting a long time. But I just was very busy with school.

NB. Does anybody know any good WW II songs. Just let me know on this topic.

Will you release the "patch" in a pbo you can overwrite the old one with? and when you enter a code (given at the end of mission 3) at the start it skips the first three missions?

I will release it as a new PBO. So you'll have a PartI.PBO and a PartII.PBO.

When Part II is ready I will fix the the first mission of Part I. There where some complaints about that mission. I will release the new Part I as a new PartI.PBO

When all the parts are done, are you planning to release it as one campaign?

Yes of course.

But I release it in parts now so that you don't have to wait a few months for the campaign. It is more spread out now. But of course I will, at the end, put it all together and release it as one campaign.

NB. Does anybody know any good WW II songs. Just let me know on this topic.

Anybody?

For WWIIEC missions I use the music from Call of Duty and Medal of Honor smile_o.gif