Sign in to follow this  
caveman

AA Specs?

i know this is a early post but i`m sure u have a slight idea someone of what the system spec will have to be as i`m upgrading my pc soon and dont want to find that its gonna have to be upgraded again

As far as I've seen there haven't been any official info about what kind of system requirements ArAs is going to need. What are you current specs? Since ArAs is based for a release I believe in the fourth quarter of this year, I'd say you could get a good guess at comparing your specs with the requirements of some similiar style games coming out now or soon.

my specs at present are amd64 3000, 1gb ram, geforce 6600gt

but i will be upgrading to a amd 64 3700 or 4000 (both san diego) not sure yet if i get 3700 i`ll have 2gb ram and if i go for 4000 i`ll just have 1gb

3700 will be good enough! biggrin_o.gif 2g ram ? crazy_o.gif are you capitalist? biggrin_o.gif i have just 512 and this is luxury!

my specs at present are amd64 3000, 1gb ram, geforce 6600gt

but i will be upgrading to a amd 64 3700 or 4000 (both san diego) not sure yet if i get 3700 i`ll have 2gb ram and if i go for 4000 i`ll just have 1gb

lol... what is this a joke? I think you're current specs will run the game easily as mine 2,5-3 year (only upgraded CPU once) old pc still can handle current games. smile_o.gif

i upgrade my pc every year as i want the games to run smooth and not sluggish, when u look at say far cry that required what i have now, so i expect AA to require that bit more. Also i need to have two pcs at the max specs so my wife can also play AA as shes been playing ofp on a amd 2000xp which ive tried playing on and i cant hit the alot with as i find it to sluggish

i upgrade my pc every year as i want the games to run smooth and not sluggish, when u look at say far cry that required what i have now, so i expect AA to require that bit more. Also i need to have two pcs at the max specs so my wife can also play AA as shes been playing ofp on a amd 2000xp which ive tried playing on and i cant hit the alot with as i find it to sluggish

I dont expect to game to require has much or more than far cry, save the upgrade for "game2", your current specs are very good and you have a wife that plays OFP. Sounds perfect to me biggrin_o.gif .

oh dear...once you spent 200€ on a new video card, install it, and then hide the box so your girlfriend wont find out ...well, then you will understand biggrin_o.gif

I am also planning upgrading next only for "Game2". No other game is worth it! smile_o.gif

I am also planning upgrading next only for "Game2". No other game is worth it! smile_o.gif

Ditto.

My AMD64 with 1024MB RAM runs games fine as is, it's not as fast as some of the newer stuff coming out (probably due to my faithful old GeForce 4)... but I can wait (even though with my new 'occupation' it's really tough to get large format graphics made without freezing up).

I am also planning upgrading next only for "Game2". No other game is worth it!  smile_o.gif

I was gone upgrade but when I saw how long time there was until "Game 2" I figured I could wait a while.

I have had a Geforce 4 TI 4200 a long time now and I do not intend to have a average card when I get "Game 2"

(If I upgrade now would have a average card when "game 2" comes)

I might need a new motherboard too since I bought a P4 CPU right at the end of it's time, nobody produces cards that has sockel 478 and PCI Express/SLI(2) these days.

512 MB DDR RAM isn't enough in the future either, I might need that too.

I should have bought that the last time I had a upgrade, but at the time it didn't seem that I needed it.

So you see, I have a pretty big list until "Game 2" comes.

What I have now I could sell, the computer isn't that bad for office use or for a small familiy.

As it's only a remake of OFP, I guess it wont need more than an average 2Ghz computer...

But Memory Management has become an enemy of OFP (with all the 1000 addons, see -nomap mode, for example :-) ). Guess it should be at least 512MB

And I hope BI finds the right way to the topic graphics:

You can actually play with a Voodo3 if the game is properly coded and not too much useless shit is used... (okay, look at the OFP2 trees, trash the Voodo3, but GeForce4 + is/should be okay)

Mostly low FPS are a result of buggy graphics programming, like in the first versions of FarCry (have they fixed that shader/detai shit yet?) or Hitman 3 for example.

Look at this here and see what REAL 3D programming means :

Farbrausch

I update PC every 2-3 years, and should be next year about January for update i think.

My game was ok on this comp, would love of it to be better. I didn't use high-res skys or anything though sad_o.gif 512mb RAM here, ideally i want 1024 minimum.

I couldn't see fay distance objects though, even things like tanks and soldiers etc. I could see green land, but if i use scope or binoculars to get far view, i couldn't see any objects. Maybe crap video card? 128mb ATi Radeon 9000

shouldn't she be cooking?

thats can be classed as sexist, but shes sees it as playing ofp a way to chat to me when i`m spending something like 20 hrs a day in the game....

Information regarding system specs will be released closer to release, until then there's not much point to such a thread smile_o.gif

And baff sexism is not acceptable on these forums, whether joking or serious refrain please.