Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR US Navy SEALs Beta 0.5 Released

Quote[/b] ]Anyways, maybe some of you are right that this is BS as the original poster of those pics isn't even on this forum

He is now.

Is that the half-head helmet, without the radio headset, and NVG mounts?

Yeah, that's the MSA/Gallet ACH/MICH-2001. To this date I don't think anyone has made that model; or the 2002 for that matter, suppose that's why Gordy was trying to post some pictures. I wonder if Extraction attempted to make any models for his SF pack that he was working on.

There are definately alot of MICH TC2000 around but as you said, I havent seen a 2001 or 2002 either.

Same goes for Peltor and Sordin ears, it's all little ear pieces with boom or throat mic's these days.

Saying glasses look like shit, textures look crap, and grenade is stupid I think is pretty god damn rude. Its not even a post from this forum however. But I think ALOT of addon makers would get really pissed off with people talking like that about their hard work. Even when an addon is shitty people shouldn't call it that and instead try to be a little more encouraging. Maybe where you live acting like that isn't considered rude, but round about where I live you don't talk to people like that without pissing people off unless you know them really well and they know you're just messing around.

The problem with the internet is that people think everyone thinks just like them, and when people "don't get it" they get pissed off or act all hurt. I'm no exception. Some of you guys I just have no clue how you could not see that kind of language as not being rude. Maybe you are used to people talking to you like that?

How many of you guys defending that kind of behavior are addon makers or mission makers? If so it would be interesting to see how you reacted to that kind of behavior towards your addons or missions. One of my team members acted exactly like that on this forum and it was one of the reasons why he got banned from this forum. Its simple. People got REALLY REALLY pissed off by that kind of behavior even though he thought he was just being honest and giving constructive criticism. That was just his manner of talking.

Yes these pictures do have some constructive criticisms but there are respectful ways to make constructive criticisms and there are disrespectful ways to make constructive criticisms.

These pics are most definitely disrespectful.

Anyways, maybe some of you are right that this is BS as the original poster of those pics isn't even on this forum. Its mainly you guys defending that kind of behavior that's got me just shaking my head in bewilderment. Anyways, I apologize from this going so offtopic.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Where he posted it we all know him and most of use the same sort of language he was being in no way disrespectful or rude we'd probably call him a soft cock if he didn't write it the way he did. People like you are exactly why he doesn't come here and provide constuctive critism for more addons becuase you get offended by small little things that people do without even thinking about and that aren't even directed at you. Hell I made a topic saying "Fuck you Placebo" and he didn't get overly offended by it and un-banned me when I explained to him I was being immature and trying to get a laugh from my mates so i'm sure an addon maker can handle someone saying "those sunglasses look shit" espcially if he is not refering to the quality of the sun glasses and is actually talking about any sunglasses on soliders in the game.

But hey if anyone is in the wrong for getting the addon maker pissed off which it clearly did not do, it is me for not saving the pictures and editing the language used so the soft addon makers don't get upset by it becuase I knew there would be people like you here on the forums.

Oh and Laser the addon is nice I agree with the points that this whole little thing was started but they aren't big enough to stop me enjoying the addon but if you fixed them up it would be almost flawless in my eyes but you may disagree and if so bad luck to me I can handle it and i'll probably change it to suit me without telling anyone.

Saying glasses look like shit, textures look crap, and grenade is stupid I think is pretty god damn rude.  Its not even a post from this forum however.  But I think ALOT of addon makers would get really pissed off with people talking like that about their hard work.   Even when an addon is shitty people shouldn't call it that and instead try to be a little more encouraging.  Maybe where you live acting like that isn't considered rude, but round about where I live you don't talk to people like that without pissing people off unless you know them really well and they know you're just messing around.

The problem with the internet is that people think everyone thinks just like them, and when people "don't get it" they get pissed off or act all hurt.  I'm no exception.  Some of you guys I just have no clue how you could not see that kind of language as not being rude.  Maybe you are used to people talking to you like that?  

How many of you guys defending that kind of behavior are addon makers or mission makers?   If so it would be interesting to see how you reacted to that kind of behavior towards your addons or missions.  One of my team members acted exactly like that on this forum and it was one of the reasons why he got banned from this forum.  Its simple.  People got REALLY REALLY pissed off by that kind of behavior even though he thought he was just being honest and giving constructive criticism.  That was just his manner of talking.

Yes these pictures do have some constructive criticisms but there are respectful ways to make constructive criticisms and there are disrespectful ways to make constructive criticisms.

These pics are most definitely disrespectful.

Anyways, maybe some of you are right that this is BS as the original poster of those pics isn't even on this forum.  Its mainly you guys defending that kind of behavior that's got me just shaking my head in bewilderment. Anyways,  I apologize from this going so offtopic.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Where he posted it we all know him and most of use the same sort of language he was being in no way disrespectful or rude we'd probably call him a soft cock if he didn't write it the way he did. People like you are exactly why he doesn't come here and provide constuctive critism for more addons becuase you get offended by small little things that people do without even thinking about and that aren't even directed at you. Hell I made a topic saying "Fuck you Placebo" and he didn't get overly offended by it and un-banned me when I explained to him I was being immature and trying to get a laugh from my mates so i'm sure an addon maker can handle someone saying "those sunglasses look shit" espcially if he is not refering to the quality of the sun glasses and is actually talking about any sunglasses on soliders in the game.

But hey if anyone is in the wrong for getting the addon maker pissed off which it clearly did not do, it is me for not saving the pictures and editing the language used so the soft addon makers  don't get upset by it becuase I knew there would be people like you here on the forums.

Oh and Laser the addon is nice I agree with the points that this whole little thing was started but they aren't big enough to stop me enjoying the addon but if you fixed them up it would be almost flawless in my eyes but you may disagree and if so bad luck to me I can handle it and i'll probably change it to suit me without telling anyone.

Right. And immature people are exactly why I don't post on the OpFlashpoint.org forums. To each his own I guess.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I (and everyone else) is getting really sick and tired of this petty bickering and flaming, especially in addon topics. I mean really, can't you discuss addons without carrying on like grumpy children?

The next person to do this will be made an example of, and can expect a severe punishment. mad_o.gif

Also, please note: even if someone flames or baits you, flaming them back is NOT acceptable, and will land you in just as much trouble as them. The correct thing to do is ignore them, and Report Post To Moderator if you think it warrants it.

I don't want to be banned again so I think I'll be quiet now...

It really is a nice addon though and we definatly need Navy Seals and stuff that up to the standard of the better addons in OFP which funnily enough are made by Laser as well. So keep at it mate, so far I am impressed but I want be amazed by them and they're not doing that for me yet. (It's not like i'm important though so just pretend i'm Placebo or someone).

The DES SEAL LWF SPOTTER < is by far my favourite ofp unit to date, with E&S Javellin.

good to go, nice work Laser.. You've made my day.

The recoil on the M82 is a bit too violent though mate, maybe you should look at dropping it back a fair bit. wink_o.gif

Great job Laser,

The units look really good. One thing I did notice that you did not include a SEAL medic or corpman. Just noticed it when I was trying to come up with a mission for them. Oh, well it is a beta and I bet you already had planned a medic or corpman for the official release. Excellent work overall Laser!

I don't know if this has been asked before but i wonder if you will add navy seal divers that would ahve the coc dive system? though the diver suit thingy would take up the AT / AA launcher slot in gear it would be pretty cool to have seals that can swim smile_o.gif but if you do so just do it on the seals with those rubber "frog feet" and diver googles and the whole scuba diver look wink_o.gif

I don't know if this has been asked before but i wonder if you will add navy seal divers that would ahve the coc dive system? though the diver suit thingy would take up the AT / AA launcher slot in gear it would be pretty cool to have seals that can swim smile_o.gif but if you do so just do it on the seals with those rubber "frog feet" and diver googles and the whole scuba diver look wink_o.gif

yeah i definately second that...SEALs should be able to swim in the game...then the mission "gods" could come up with some SWEET beach insertion missions...

I think Laser might have said (I'd check but I am severly pressed for time at the moment) that there would be a version equipped with dive-gear, to look as if they had just come from the water. Unless I misunderstood at some point, highly likely. Sorry if I did.

Adding the CoC_Dive gear to any unit is not hard. Just gotta read the readme and be careful of what you type, and where you type it. The only real downside is that it limits your weapons selection, can't carry in any LAWs or the like. Unfortunately. But you can still take most MGs with Laser's new system here, allowing for an MG and a "Heavy weapon" such as a LAW to be carried.

Can't you drop the dive system... then pick up an AT4 or the like?

yes i belive with the coc dive system u can drop the dive gear and pick up anything that fits into that slot at4, rocket launchers , c4 etc.

- blues.gif

definately one of the dominant positives for these blokes is the ability to carry a belt fed gat and a boom toy.

i'm still waiting for the day where we have more realistic load outs.

8 - 15 mags, smoke(s), frags, handgun with 2-5 mags, radio perhaps, nvg, binos, nvg, strobe and all the other toys.

come to think of it, has anyone made a working strobe for ofp? that might be a good idea.

i remember there was a strobe light with one of the bas helo's , either the blackhawk or the big kahuna! biggrin_o.gif

( Mh-47 ? )

But it could be activated if you where the group leader of the chopper i think and you placed a strobe light on the ground and then the a.i would fly over to you and pick you up smile_o.gif

check the readme anyways to make sure ;)

to Laser, i have to ask will the next version of the silenced SEALs have the night vision goggles that the SD Delta's have? It seems only right.. I hate using the old BIS NVG or INQ's when we have the Delta's with their kickass looking ones.

ok love the seals and well all of ur addons biggrin_o.gif but just an thinker here if u could make some nice winter snow camo for some of ur units ranger seals delta ect.. because there is not a lot of winter camo out there just HKY units. But i like ur units and gear and i think othere people probley would love to see some more winter units wink_o.gif just aint no winter units out there at all would love to see some winter camo units biggrin_o.gif

Hi, Laser!

I realy like the SEALs and all of your addons! Are you planning to made some USMC or US modern infantry like HYK's one?

Sorry for bad english! tounge_o.gif

i realy love these guys biggrin_o.gif but when the heal function is removed from them and the medic is added i will be even more pleased (got my head shot off while giving sniper support and one of the assualt team moved to me to heal)

so laser remove the heal function and then they are like perfect already cant wait for the other units you will put in it

ye only some smal gear that is wrong but this and your deltas is the far best soldiers in OFP today and probebly one of the last gr8 addons befor ArAs

i was just browsing in ofp and i noticed i have some brand new faces in there... Laser i know it came from one of your addons because one of them happens to be your face, I need the names of these faces so i can put them in the init line of my SEALs and Rangers.

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated :-)

(The Blackhawk down faces, and the misc. camo'd ones)

now, could ANYONE make some beautiful camouflage painted faces for this?

it´s something i have wanted for a long time (long before these addons where released)

Thats true, camo faces would be really good. Also a marine USMC or force recon pack. But hey, laser's addons are definitely the best in the OFP spectrum in my opinion.

I agree...these SEALS are really awesome.  But...to make them even more awesome, I would recommend putting some custom voice effects in them like when they get hit.  

I also agree about giving them those IR beacons such as the ones used by BAS with one of their helicopters.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>