Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Burning Soldiers  (carbonized corps/mutilated)

My new idea/Suggestion is: (burning flames realism and realistic deaths, players/AIs get burned by flames when high explosion comes near them)

Creat something possible (Random of course, or people will get bored) when a player/AI is caught by the explosion so we can see the flames involving him and He starts screeming (diff sounds/moves) and running around like a chicken, after that..

..puff <span style='color:blue'> drop dead carbonized</span>.. wow_o.gif (black and smaller)! maybe with some blur smoke..

This burn thing should only exist when theres a big explosion (ex: T80 explodes) and some AIs or players are very close to those explosions.

You guys know when, a t80 is almost destroyed and crew get out.. when in the explosion, creat something BIG so that crew not only drop dead with explosion but they also burn with flames and if they dont die from the explosion they will die from agony of burning (creat it REAL wink_o.gifpeople will love! ). After that their ammo and weapons will not be able to use (random) cause they were destroyed(*) by explosion

Maybe its too much realism in it.. and it may cause some bad feelings on people, Im just trying to make it more realistic.

Go Team!

(*) weapons destroyed, dont need to be so intense.

Edit: I was inspired on this pic:

OFP2_dead.jpg

You know that this isn't Doom or any other game that seeks bloody killing with lims getting off and burned corpes?

That suggestion is a bit...

You know that this isn't Doom or any other game that seeks bloody killing with lims getting off and burned corpes?

colossus.. my friend!

I hate doom and all the other bloody killing games.

I only like OFP, only game i play.

Trying to make it more realistic.. some times realism shocks. Some times thats what makes it more interresting.

In the pic above i noticed a very good detail! Look at the hand of the soldier.. now imagine more details BIS didnt show. wink_o.gif

As a combat vet I'm quite shocked as to why you wish to see that. We play war games for the sport of war. That being the tactics and strategy of warfare. Even if they did what you want you couldn't even come close to the horror of seeing somebody burned alive in real life. There are some terrors that should be left on the REAL battlefield.

I agree with him on this,the line between realism and games should defintly be drawn,I think that the exploding bodies might be as far as we need to go (if even that) sure for those realists n such but then even with good intentions things can go bad,remember,some of the worst things have been done with the best intentions.

If people dont want realism to be at this level i will not continue with this.

Though this threads wouldnt make any sense if we didnt put here our suggestions and thoughts.

Im just trying to make it more realist. This also might be a very delicate subject.

For some people theres nothing horrible then taking the life of other person. I a gree. And thats what we do all the time in OFP (in certain way)

I believe what we do in OFP is unetic for lots reasons.. but thats another Story, though i play it and i love it. Its my favourite EVER.

<span style='color:blue'>Maybe that realism level could be controled in options for that purpose?</span> I believe this realism could be good for the OFP core Fans.

I also think OFP2* Should not be created for children. Its a war simulator for crist's!

If this Realism level exists in OFP2* would make sense to have Weapons that fire fire, like Flamethrowers.

I remember when people from OFP community wanted glood dropgs on ground when enemys got hit.. this could be arround the same idea! But more real and shocking!

Ps- if we denie the possibilitie of this realism to exists in OFP2* we are not going to evolute in war simulators

Quote[/b] ]I also think OFP2* Should not be created for children. Its a war simulator for crist's!

Completely agree with you! With so much violence on TV it is OK to have some flying limbs in OFP2.

You guys know when, a t80 is almost destroyed and crew get out.. when in the explosion, creat something BIG so that crew not only drop dead with explosion but they also burn with flames and if they dont die from the explosion they will die from agony of burning (creat it REAL wink_o.gifpeople will love! ). After that their ammo and weapons will not be able to use (random) cause they were destroyed(*) by explosion

well at least I don't know. T80's exploding aren't quite everyday life. how do you think a big chunk of metal explodes causing the nearby soldiers catch fire? the destruction of tanks in OFP is already quite unerealistic.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe its too much realism in it.. and it may cause some bad feelings on people, Im just trying to make it more realistic.

no, you're trying to make it more hollywood.

... T80's exploding aren't quite everyday life. how do you think a big chunk of metal explodes causing the nearby soldiers catch fire? ..

no, you're trying to make it more hollywood.

hum.. (i was about to Say No Comment) but i couldnt resist,

tell me what happens if a Fuel truck gets hit by 2 RPGs.

.. use some real imagination.

also said "This burn thing should only exist when theres a big explosion", ie, in certain conditions! dont need to be when t80 explodes (i said that cause it crossed my mind atm).

PS- Suggestions i give are for certain contitions. wink_o.gif

well you should have mentioned the fuel truck at first tounge_o.gif

imo fire is ok, hollywood explosions aren't.

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Flamethrowers...</span></span>

..their effect on the soldiers (dead bodys), objects, houses, animals, vehicles etc..

this is my main idea of this thread, <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>hope its aproved.</span></span>

Go Team!  smile_o.gif

Yes, indeed...

I don't want to have those things in OFP... rock.gif

ok more realism ... what about insert children into Ofp2?

And more civilian models. That's realistic too.

By the way then we also need anti person mines ... so a cutscene could be that children play in a ruined house and suddenly boom ....

I really doesn't like this idea because it's the all about question how far is a game, especially a war game allowed to go. Dunno but if i had been involved in one of the dirty wars in human history i wouldn't touch a war game.

Is our reality not realistic enough with all of it's cruelness (and happyness ...  wink_o.gif

There also should be limbs flying around and pumping blood from open blood veins and mutilated civillians with their skin ripped from face or body. Jeez , that would be fun, and yes : Add some frakin wimming and deathscreams and exploding donkeys in minefields and we definately need more brain splattered over the floor after a headshot. Jeez , now that would be fun

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

NOT !

Did it ever come to your mind that people who suffer from PTSD would not welcome such ? Or that it would put OFP2 on the Index on a hell lot of countries, not to mention that it is extremely tasteless....and displaced ? rock.gif

Moi, sign of irony...

Don´t want to play OFP 2 with a bucket next to my chair...

Quote[/b] ]Don´t want to play OFP 2 with a bucket next to my chair...

I totally agree, I play OFP to have fun. Seeing people die in realistic ways is not what I think of as a good time. If OFP2 had tons of gore I might not buy the game. Gore is useless in a game. Once an AI is dead he doesn't matter anymore, so what's the point in taking computer power and resources to make him bleed and cry and scream? It's useless...

Did it ever come to your mind that people who suffer from PTSD would not welcome such?

Well each one have their opinion. I respect that. thats why this thread was created.

I gave my suggestion and i do not want/need any stupid ironies in this thread. Im talking seriously. mad_o.gif

I just want opinions!

And Balschoiw, yes! If you really want to know if i asked some who suffer from PTSD. The answer is yes, he agrees!

Maybe you should ask too.. and maybe we should creat some poll just for PTSD vets?

plz post more opinions, not stupid ironic bullsh**

I think the level of blood/gore should be left as it is. There's just no need to have people being crushed under tanks, running around screaming in agony because they're on fire or getting their heads blown off.

Right now, OFP is violent enough without dismemberment and spurting blood. I remember playing the first proper mission of the campaign and running just behind one of my squadmates. I turn to watch a Cobra fly over, then look back just as he got shot in the head and just dropped. It shocked me because it wasn't like deaths in other games. In Soldier of Fortune, you shoot someone in the head with an AK and he goes down screaming with half of his face missing. In OFP, they just drop wordlessly. It's rather stark.

Did it ever come to your mind that people who suffer from PTSD would not welcome such?

Well each one have their opinion. I respect that. thats why this thread was created.

I gave my suggestion and i do not want/need any stupid ironies in this thread. Im talking seriously. mad_o.gif

I just want opinions!

And Balschoiw, yes! If you really want to know if i asked some who suffer from PTSD. The answer is yes, he agrees!

Maybe you should ask too.. and maybe we should creat some poll just for PTSD vets?

plz post more opinions, not stupid ironic bullsh**

why are you asking for opinions if the only people you want to hear are those who agree with you? rock.gif

Anyone looking for some kind of bloody/shocking/mutilation game is probably following the wrong development company.

There is a line as to what is good taste and what is poor taste, crossing that line for the sake of selling games is not something that needs to be done by skilled developers of high quality games, whilst the simulation may be of war it's not necessary to simulate the most gruesome and/or heinous elements of war.

Bravo 6 this is the second time I've read a quite aggressive post from you in these forums, please learn to post in a more tolerant and respectful manner, if you don't like the replies you're getting that's just tough luck, sometimes in life when you ask for people's opinions you receive opinions contrary to your own.