Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

Server Executable

I was wondering if BIZ could tell us how the server will work, ie is it the same as OFP still (single threaded)

Asuming it is just like OFP can we order some things in advanced?

I talked to Suma about this for OFP and would greatly love for the client executable have more self checking values, and name locks so that only a certin file name can be used to start OFP Client, and then on the server side have the server check the client still,

we would also want to see only required addons be loaded into OFP, this should be simple

have the client ask what addons are loaded on the server and allow only those addons to be loaded

and a memmory scanner that scans for ammo trainers

something

throw us a bone

What ever, but please release a "real" dedicated server, and not something like Novalogic "dedicated servers" *LoL*

I love the existing OFP dedicated server.exe smile_o.gif

Fully agree Malboeuf, getting a Quad Opteron server in coming weeks (2 x deposits down) ready and hopefully can add hosting large scale Armed Assault LANs to its list of 'jobs'.

35,608 MIPS and 12,408 MFLOPS* over 4 cores

Heck, it'll host 4 OFP CTI games over LAN fine smile_o.gif

(Thats 35.6 GIPS and 12.4 GFLOPS) smile_o.gif (dude it is gonna be freaking awesome !wink_o.gif

*Those are real MFLOPS, not BS super array vectorised SSE2 MFLOPS like certain gaming consoles 'advertise' themselves as. (Certainly not using extra 'multithreading' per core optimizations on those figures either)

Good times ahead I hope

(Just got sick of having multiple 'low-end' [cough] boxes and it is SOOOO damn cost effective now)

This is an old thread but I’m curious how the dedicated server will work as well..

Is there a chance of clustering servers to handle more players?

If there was one server for connections and one for the actual game processing that would help as well.

Cpt Moore

What would be cool is http redirect, so people connecting to your server will download missing addons automatically.

maybe slightly off topic but i think it would be better if the servers were just rented out by certain companies or just run by BIS for a subscription purpose this way if BIS ran servers like World war II online then the subsciptions you pay would be put into the developing of new parts to the game thus causing gamers to save money on expantion packs, and also wouldnt have to wait 5 years...lol but would also mean there is less likely to be cheaters in games as all the files would be checked by one data base, this is why i find WWII online good for no cheaters... smile_o.gif i`m sure 99% would be ok paying $10-$20 per month to play a game if it ment it was being upgraded all the time, cause i know i would

Also much fairer in league games as certain teams ive heard of in ofp if they lose they just ip ban u from their server and u drop out of games which i think is very childish......

..i`m sure 99% would be ok paying $10-$20 per month to play a game if it ment it was being upgraded all the time, cause i know i would..

meaning the others who can't pay $10-$20 per month would not be able to play in those only servers?

HELL NO!

maybe slightly off topic but i think it would be better if the servers were just rented out by certain companies or just run by BIS for a subscription purpose this way if BIS ran servers like World war II online then the subsciptions you pay would be put into the developing of new parts to the game thus causing gamers to save money on expantion packs, and also wouldnt have to wait 5 years...lol but would also mean there is less likely to be cheaters in games as all the files would be checked by one data base, this is why i find WWII online good for no cheaters... smile_o.gif i`m sure 99% would be ok paying $10-$20 per month to play a game if it ment it was being upgraded all the time, cause i know i would

Also much fairer in league games as certain teams ive heard of in ofp if they lose they just ip ban u from their server and u drop out of games which i think is very childish......

nooooooooooooooooooo

Loooool No wai.

The comunity makes better addons/upgrades anyway

id pay u 3`s $10 per month if it ment keeping cheaters at bay...lol

thos that think $10 a month is bad, its cheaper sometimes then paying to rent a clan server as u always get someone not willing to pay as they r tight fisted

Just think

$10-$20 a month after like 5 months that 50-100 bucks

no way kids like me can keep that money up, renting clan servers you can get help from other members and then everyone only has to pay a small amount for the upkeep.

in other words DONT DO IT!

i think best way is combined solution with

some official MP servers (under either BIS or publisher cover)

let say 25-50 europe , 25-50 USA 10-15 Australia/Oceania and some Asia ... (this give base of servers to play on "instantly" after release and after patch update before user driven servers catch in, typical example quake3/4 servers, BF serie and so on ...)

and rest are user owned and covered servers

(both dedicated and or just listen)