Sign in to follow this  
syphboy

Browning High Power

I meant it actually takes 5-6 hits in thier chest to kill them. None of the shots miss as im stood right in front of them.

It only takes 2 ( or if unluky 3 ) hits to the center mass to take a target down with the Brownings I have rock.gif

Realistic IMO....

EDIT: before s.o. starts screaming....realistic in OFP.

I meant it actually takes 5-6 hits in thier chest to kill them. None of the shots miss as im stood right in front of them.

It only takes 2 ( or if unluky 3 ) hits to the center mass to take a target down with the Brownings I have rock.gif

Realistic IMO....

EDIT: before s.o. starts screaming....realistic in OFP.

The units I was using it against must have higher armour values, BIS units take 1-2 shots. Just ignore me tounge_o.gif

hmmm... fiction and fact are two different things, but i am speaking from a british forces point of view... we only silence the sig if i remember correctly...  smile_o.gif

Well, the book supose to be real events, and the guy sounds legitim, so I do belive that there is silenced versions. It dosn't take that much to silence a weapon, really, basic engeniering, excuse my poor technical English.  crazy_o.gif Besides, is not the kind of thing that you would find in the British forces armouries, is more of a very very very special thing, kind of the things that "they" hide from the media.

@ syphboy, how about calling that unit hitman. Just get a civilian unit, change the configuration of the unit to Resistance and give it the Browning. Get a balaclava face texture and a custom action that say "Cover Face" that will change the face texture, and then you have your self a masked hitman  biggrin_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

I'm pretty much ready for the final release.  Changes since v1.1 are:

New suppressor.  Based on the Minireflex MG16 sound moderator made by BR - Tuote Oy of Finland.

mk3sd23ms.jpg

Improved slide model.

newslide7mi.jpg

New iron sight for Browning Mk.3.

optmk37zw.jpg

Before I release the final version, are there any problems I may have overlooked, or are there any more features that could be added relatively easily?

-Syphboy.

Used them rather often... couln't find any bugs up to now.

Great work!

Don't ask me about textures ... I've got a really antik PC anfd don't give anything on good looking addons... I simply don't see a lot of it biggrin_o.gif

The only thing I could say is about the acurancy, as is been mentioned before, too acurate at long range.

I haven't tryed to do a "double tap" yet biggrin_o.gif that will be interesting.

Regards.

@CERO

Jep... far to acurate!!!!

If you can see an enemy, you can hit him with your first bullet...even at VERY long ranges.

But rest is just perfect

I think they are great. No problems for me using them. The accuracy issue coud be addressed but it's not a major problem.

I like pic of the new version, can't wait for a release. Any plans to update your FN 5-7?

My Dad was in the British Army in the 60's and was the squad Radio Op. His weapon of choice was the High Power, so thanks for making it, it's a great model and has a permanent place on my HDD.

Any plans to update your FN 5-7?

Hey that's an idea...

@syphboy:

What about one??? After all your pistols are some of the best...give us more wink_o.gif

Alright.  I fixed the hyper-accuracy problem.  The following picture was taken from 50 metres:

newspread24ra.jpg

I've sent v1.2 to Ofp.info, now I'm just waiting for them to put it up.  (I've tried sending it to other places like OPFEC and Rapidshare but they're not working for some reason.  I've tried like, three times!)

About my old Five-seveN, it's a really basic model with about 300 or so faces (The Browning has nearly 600).  I might actually remake it, but I'll need detailed pictures.  I've got plenty of side and front shots but I have no idea what it looks like from behind.  Also, I don't know anything about the slide or hammer arrangement.  When I get some free time I might start on it.

Or I might texture these:

p90med4rv.jpg

m40a3med3rh.jpg

But now I'm getting a little off-topic.

-Syphboy.

I like the look of both models Syphboy.

The P90 looks great, I don't recognise the Sniper rifle though.

If you could adjust the animations for the P90 so that the soldier holds it properly that would be fantastic. Just an idea.