Sign in to follow this  
MFSP

(I have searched) Buldozer crashes

MMMkay, well I'm a newbie to the forums in terms of posts, but not in terms of reading.

So here is my dilemma:

I installed and became proficient in buldozer back when it first came out. I was making an island, until my computer crashed. Well after about a year of not touching it, I was going to help make a section of an island for someone. Well, to my dismay, upon reinstallation of visitor (on my new, better computer) buldozer refuses to:

A. Import a wrp file without crashing

B. Reload without crashing

It also crashes when I click the left mouse button on the map.

The crash brings up everyone's favorite window:

"Buldozer has encountered a problem and must close... blabla.. report this to microsoft so we can't do anything constructive about our flawed OS... blabla"

I've tried copying my flashpoint.cfg file from the standard directory. I've tried working buldozer in a window... I've tried all I know to fix it, but it still isn't working.

Could someone please help a fellow islander?

Thanks,

MFSP

MMMkay, well I'm a newbie to the forums in terms of posts, but not in terms of reading.

So here is my dilemma:

I installed and became proficient in buldozer back when it first came out. I was making an island, until my computer crashed. Well after about a year of not touching it, I was going to help make a section of an island for someone. Well, to my dismay, upon reinstallation of visitor (on my new, better computer) buldozer refuses to:

A. Import a wrp file without crashing

B. Reload without crashing

It also crashes when I click the left mouse button on the map.

The crash brings up everyone's favorite window:

"Buldozer has encountered a problem and must close... blabla.. report this to microsoft so we can't do anything constructive about our flawed OS... blabla"

I've tried copying my flashpoint.cfg file from the standard directory. I've tried working buldozer in a window... I've tried all I know to fix it, but it still isn't working.

Could someone please help a fellow islander?

Thanks,

MFSP

Do you use a X: drive to put in your unpacked .pbo's?

example;

X:data

X:data3d

X:O

They all should be on such dir.

Also all other pbo you use must be in the X: drive.

As for importing a wrp file, it needs to be a binarized wrp file in order for Visitor to load. The official Island are binarized so you should be able to load them. =) But however all objects will appear as grey squares.

There are more detailed tutorials out there how to setup visitor correctly. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the reply...

I remember doing so last time I set-up buldozer.

Every file related to buldozer, the islands, custom objects, etc. were all set up in my D: directory.

It's unfortunate buldozer won't import unbinarized wrps, I never knew that.

I'll try to put the folders in their own directory, and see if that fixes anything.

Thanks.

MFSP

(Good job one homeland, by the way.)