stgn

M4's for weapon Individualism

Olemissrebel, what's wrong with you? have a look here and here. and sit back with as many M4's as you like.

Eversman is right, there's more in life then a fecking M4, why dont people create something new? rock.gif

thanks Gandalf,

I don't say STGNs M4s are bad! In fact they are great and I like them after some testing.

But there are so many M4s out there...and so less Civilian Objects.

OFP really could need more Civilian Objects which fit to the standart OFP Res Objects.

I would make Objects but I don't have the skills, I only make Islands.

greets Eversmann

Olemissrebel, what's wrong with you? have a look here and here. and sit back with as many M4's as you like.

Eversman is right, there's more in life then a fecking M4, why dont people create something new?  rock.gif

Next time you try to prove a point it might be a good idear not to post two links to the same page showing what is actualy different versions of the same M4 addon and a scoped M4 from 2002 and a mutated BIS XM177 from 2004. Have you even tried my addon? I think/hope you would see that its is not like everyone els.

Yes there is more in life than M4's but not much smile_o.gif

Why not create somthing new? Well actualy I think this is new its called evolution somthings get better and better like the ECP mod for example.

@SgtEversman

There might not be enough civie addons but that is way too offtopic for an M4 addon topic, instead you should go over in A&M:D start a topic where you request what ever it is you want.

STGN

Don't listen to them STGN! Just keep improving your already great addon!

Here are my suggestion for future releases:

AN/PEQ-2 - that's something you see often on a M4

JAM2 compatibility- maybe in a separate config so it won't be any addon depencies

PBOs with configs for popular addons such as BAS Deltas and rangers, HYK and Laser units.

Anyway keep up the good work!

Thanks for the positiv feed back.

@Thunderbird84

Hi thanks for the recoils. I have just tested them and i don't like them as they where then, because they don't simulate a M4 recoil as it looks(the backwards movement is very brif), you still get the normal shooting over where you aim(on auto) and its simulates a barrel dive under zero and up again which is somthing that i don't like because it forces me to do somthing that I didn't do then i would rather have a slower return to zero. I don't know if you read the explanation of my recoil but its in the readme. I only use one recoil for both semi and auto because a weapon's recoil dosen't change because you switch it on auto(if you fire one shot in auto on mine then its gonna be the same as on semi yours dosen't chang much but there is a difference). So I used your semi recoil values in my:

STGNriffleSingleold[]={0.03,0,0, 0.045,0.013,0.0325, 0.045,0,0.027625, 0.255,0,0,};

I thort it worked much better but i still thort it, kicked up the barrel a bit to high so now it looks like this:

STGNriffleSingle[]={0.03,0,0, 0.045,0.013,0.025, 0.045,0,0.02125, 0.255,0,0,};

I think this is better, it has a higher climb than mine and makes burst's abit harder but it also looks more realistic compared to filmclip's of the weapon firing. I think I will use this for future release.

@Heatseeker

I haven't planed on making a big SOPMOD pack like the one wipman is duing, it would only be a couple of variants. and maby make a make it your self pack. I have planed on making new recoil's for the standard OFP weapons though i will not make new AK's models the RHS ones are very nice i think.

@Ranger bob

smile_o.gif well perfection takes time. Actualy I have a tendency to think my work sucks so i redo them all the time and this model is not 3 years old notice this is generation 3 which is only a half year old and i am not the world's best texture artist so makein txtures that look good and realistic take a hell of alot of time. And there was i time where i didn't play OFP or made addons for a relativly long time.

@Nemesis6

Bullet-casings does fly backwards on an M4 thats why the case defector is there so its protects the lefties. A standard handguard will be made in the future both CAR and M4 versions.

STGN

A properly timed M-4 will throw the casings at a 4 o'clock direction with 12 o'clock being the muzzle end. Trust me on this, I have several AR-15's and trigger time on the real thing.

you are totally right, i was only kidding! i'm sorry. these M4's really are a lot nicer than a lot that are out there. if he wants to build them, why not let him. you are right about there being a serious lack of civilian objects, etc.

Quote[/b] ]HEAVY METAL:

A properly timed M-4 will throw the casings at a 4 o'clock direction with 12 o'clock being the muzzle end. Trust me on this, I have several AR-15's and trigger time on the real thing.

I second this. I too have a lot of trigger time on the M16 and M4. The casings usually come out at about 3-4 o'clock position. Sometimes if you are laying to the right of someone, their casings will hit you. Here's me and my baby down at JRTC in Louisiana:

JRTC CONVOY HAULT

Monty

Next time you try to prove a point it might be a good idear not to post two links to the same page showing what is actualy different versions of the same M4 addon and a scoped M4 from 2002 and a mutated BIS XM177 from 2004. Have you even tried my addon? I think/hope you would see that its is not like everyone els.

Sure it looks nice, and is probably the best M4A1 yet in terms of textures and ballistics, but fact of the matter is that it is still an M4A1 tounge_o.gif

Also not every M4A1 is mentioned on the searchresults that Gandalf mentioned, as a pretty large number are included in addon packs, and not only as single addon releases wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]HEAVY METAL:

I second this. I too have a lot of trigger time on the M16 and M4. The casings usually come out at about 3-4 o'clock position. Sometimes if you are laying to the right of someone, their casings will hit you. Here's me and my baby down at JRTC in Louisiana:

JRTC CONVOY HAULT

Monty

I finally figured out this is why they put the top button on your BDU blouse. If the line was going hot, I buttoned my top button and flipped my collar up.

You only have to do the hot brass dance once to learn the hard way.

P.S. an M16A1 without the deflector hump will put it at 5 o'clock.

@Heavy metal and Monty67t

Thanks this is what makes a good addon better. Casings are now ejected in a 120 degree angle from the muzzel. And thanks for the M16A1 info.

@Lt Hunter

That was my point if I where to argue the fals point that there are too meany "M4A1" addons, I would problery use some better links.

STGN

As we speak on progress of this project - how about making that model of M4A1 rifle:

m4a1_cqbr_01.jpg

m4a1_cqbr_02.jpg

I'm not sure but it's CQBR version (please correct me if I'm wrong). And also I have no idea if anyone has made it yet. But unfortunately I'm aware that this model is gonna be pretty useless at this moment since OFP has some serious problems with CQB fighting but there's a hope that BIS will fix that in their new game AA - not that long time expected. Anyway I think that it would be a nice replacement for MP5 submachine guns.

orrr.... use your config on the other m4 model! wow_o.gif The really good looking one with the scratches and all! I mean that one probally lacks the realisme... And you can use your time for making maybee a M16A4>rock.gifsmile_o.gif

Im just kidding man you do what you think is best! I allready use the M4 in many missions, but Im not sure about those sounds though... they seem a bit like the BIS sounds from CWC! rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

@Martin_BM:

Not realy in the past days becauseI have been studieng for my exams which I did prity good in and I have now graduated. smile_o.gif

What do you mean I also use 512x512 but when there is no need for a 512x512 I don't use it because they require more memory

@voodzia:

I am gonna make the CQBR I think it will be usefull in OFP type urban combat.

@manhunter09:

I will make M16 vbersions later.

About the sounds that is because I use the standard BIS M16 sound, If I find a better sound I might change it.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]What do you mean I also use 512x512 but when there is no need for a 512x512 I don't use it because they require more memory

Sorry I was wrong confused_o.gif

Congratulations with your exams STGN!

I hope your work will eventually become the ultimate AR15 pack!

Keep up the good work!

OK here's my wishlist:

AN/PEQ-2

Eotech Holosight

Aimpoint

Desert camuflage!

Though I do think there are too many M4s confused_o.gif, this one is very nice smile_o.gif. Good job! biggrin_o.gif

(Now make something weird, like a Croatian anti-material sniper rifle tounge_o.gif)

wishlist: mag pouch on stock, frontgrip, dual mag clip

The issue of large number of released M4 addons is irrelevant as this one goes straight into to 3 in the OFP scene. IMHO at least.

@9mm:

thanks smile_o.gif

All of those assories are on the "list" but until the basic weapon is complet I am not gonna spend time on em.

@manhunter09:

I asume you are talking about the M16A4: I don't think I am gonna make a Mag pouch on the stock because it is not realy used that much I haven't seen one for ages on a AR15 also instead of a dual mag clip I hope to make a redi-mag this is because if you use a mag clip the to round will wander forward when you shoot enhancing the chance of feeding problem also the posibility of getting dirt into the chamber is greater.

STGN

the mag pouches are used allot in iraq with the marines, i could get 20 pics easy by checking milphotos

I don't know what the use of a mag pouche on the stock is.

It makes the weapon heavier and you have to move the weapon a lot while reloading.

Dual mags are usable in CQB situations wich are less "dirty" than "standard" field ops and the saved time might give you an advantage. However it looks quite cool.

By the way, not everything that is done in the field is usefull or professional, keep in mind that soldiers are quite lazy.

I would think they use them so they can have an extra mag allways where the gun is! and its easy place to reach! it doesnt bother much though I would think cuz its the stock you hold against you shoulder so I dont think weight is a problem... and its on the right side so you dont notice it while shooting...

INSANE new emoticons! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif