stgn

M4's for weapon Individualism

early eighties xm177

sfmodxm1771.th.jpg

STGN

That's exactly the XM-177E2 of Operation Flashpoint!

P.S. Awsame textures of M16A2!!! :)

Icarus

Great Work! I'm thinking about make some PMC units with these weapons,could be cool.

m16m203.jpg

Say hello to my little friend(Hyacinth Bucket voice):D

STGN

Say hello to my little friend(Hyacinth Bucket voice):D

STGN

Hello then ;)

I feel weapon replacement for OFP in the air!

BTW: Maybe it's time to change thread name to AR-15?

M16A2 with M203. I hate this gun! Of course, because of OFP and "Montignac Must Fall" mission :p Well, at the time I had no idea that you can't succeed in this mission... It'd be great to replay CWC campaign with your guns STGN!

BTW: do you remember this? I'm very curious of this SPR beta - links still work!

Thanks!

@Sabre725, yes but not right now.

@krzychuzokecia, Ofcause I remember the SPR, what are you curious about?

STGN

what are you curious about?

Just how your addons looked in 2003 ;)

BTW:

what variants are you planning for next release? M4s from prev. releases, A2, A4?

Just how your addons looked in 2003 ;)

BTW:

what variants are you planning for next release? M4s from prev. releases, A2, A4?

Well back then I only had acces to OFP through a friend and I had not learned to map textures yet so i used already mapped parts and just changed the texture to fit the best I could.

Next release is problery gonna be a M16 release I havn't decided quit if its goona be A2 and A4 in the same addon or not.

STGN

spr3.th.png

A little WIP.

STGN

Great quality as always :thumbsup:

Seems that you are using different textures for SPR upper receiver, aren't you?

By the way that M16A1 (WIP) looks really good :)

Icarus

That's exactly the XM-177E2 of Operation Flashpoint!

P.S. Awsame textures of M16A2!!! :)

Icarus

Actually the xm177e2 from flashpoint had m4 (or larger) style foregrip... or at least that's how it looked in the model. It looks closer to a mk 18 mod 0. The stop of it is very generalized and the shape of the model looks like an m4 upper but without the detail. This one looks like an xm177e1 without the moderator.

Actually the xm177e2 from flashpoint had m4 (or larger) style foregrip... or at least that's how it looked in the model. It looks closer to a mk 18 mod 0. The stop of it is very generalized and the shape of the model looks like an m4 upper but without the detail. This one looks like an xm177e1 without the moderator.

:D Well I have go to back on my previous public assessment, but it is not a M4 hand guard its simply the M16A2 hand guard(which I guess falls under larger) which has been shortened. and the muzzel end has been resized to make it straight looking like a CAR hand guard just look at the texture way too Meany rips/bumps on the hand guard and its just not big enough to be a M4. BIS also just reuse the OFP M16's A1/A2 freak upper mix. But as Icarus points out, that picture is exactly how BIS set up the xm177e2 gun, collapsed stock and 10 inch barrel, I find it possible that some one at BIS saw that photo and to save time just reused as many parts from their M16 as possible to make the "xm117e2".

STGN

Edited by STGN

Well it certainly has the 10.5 inch barrel with no moderator on it. It reminds me of the barrel of the model 635. I was reading about a model 723 or something that has no real pattern a while ago, so I guess you can use that as a basis to be whatever you want :)

Edited by Max Power

In terms of a BIS xm177E2 replacement what does people want?

BIS one: A2 upper, 10" barrel, birdcage flash suppressor.

xm177E2: A1 upper, 11,5" barrel, xm177 flash hider

R0733: A1M upper, 11,5" barrel, birdcage flash suppressor

Modified xm177: A1 upper, 10" barrel, bridcage flash suppressor

Or other, could even be a XM4 or other 14,5" weapons appropriate for the time.

STGN

Well the weapon name is xm177E2 so ... :)

However you already posted the exact real - life counterpart of xm177E2 used in OFP :

So if we all agree on that variant, that is how xm177E2 of OFP/ARMA CWA (with butstock extended) should look like.

Icarus

Edited by Icarus

Visual presentation.

choices1.jpg

STGN

In terms of a BIS xm177E2 replacement what does people want?

BIS one: A2 upper, 10" barrel, birdcage flash suppressor.

xm177E2: A1 upper, 11,5" barrel, xm177 flash hider

R0733: A1M upper, 11,5" barrel, birdcage flash suppressor

Modified xm177: A1 upper, 10" barrel, bridcage flash suppressor

Or other, could even be a XM4 or other 14,5" weapons appropriate for the time.

STGN

For me, I'd like to see a 80's modified XM, with birdcage flash suppressor (like the one in picture), as a replacement for BIS XM - it seems realistic for this period. But I wouldn't mind if you'd make also proper XM with it's big flash hider, which had also some sound suppressing abilities ;)

I'm sorry,but I can't download the 1.0 version alpha(I think this is the last version) from gamefront,the link is crashing here.Can you upload in other site?