stgn

M4's for weapon Individualism

Well try do some close fighting like "Clean Sweep" with a stock M4 and one full of assories and you will notice the difference. The stock M4 is faster on target and its easier to drive the gun than when you mount a suppressor or M203 of both. The ACOG also slows you down if the ennemy is close. The suppressor actualy makes it about twice as inaccurate but its not a big problem til past 300m.

I have fixed 1 and 4 allready.

Your wellcome to update the script would be nice.

STGN

ScopeSTGN v0.2 (final).

Changes:

- little modifications done to sounds

- fixed m203 model (removed some points)

- remade inventory icons (texview1 convert images to tga making them darker so I used texview2 this time)

- rewrote scripts (only one action + dialog) and improved scripts for fwatch

I'm going to release it on my web soon and, of course, make a video for youtube.

Note for fwatch version: loop is 0.1s so you'd better hold key. Combination to rebind keys you have to press at once.

Been working on some textures and models these are all still work in progress:

m16a2p.jpg

The M16A2 is a really beautiful rifle and a corectly dimentioned handguard realy means somthing for imersion been using my M16A2 alot recently.

m203p.jpg

I have managed to use a single 512x512 texture for the entire grenade launcher and I will be able to have all models long/short barrel and fixed/KAC mount version on the texture might even get room for the leaf sight.

rfp.jpg

Quit a challenge to texture so it looks good, the "internals" are modelled very accuratly so it will actualy look like a trijicon reflex sight, perhaps the first time in a computergame that has been acomplished?

Big thanks to FAB. for his texture wrap tool makes texturing childs play beautiful results in 1/10 time.

New/current recoil can be copy pasted in to the current config if you like.

STGNM4Recoil[]={0.022,0.003,0, 0.042, 0.008,0.035, 0.032,0.003,0.026, 0.25,0,-0.005, 0.2,0,0,};

STGNM4SDRecoil[]={0.020,0.003,0, 0.039,0.0075,0.031, 0.028,0.003,0.026, 0.25,0,-0.005, 0.2,0,0,};

STGNCQBRRecoil[]={0.024,0.003,0, 0.048,0.0082,0.036, 0.033,0.003,0.026, 0.25,0,-0.005, 0.2,0,0,};

STGNCQBRSDRecoil[]={0.018,0.003,0, 0.037,0.0077,0.032, 0.029,0.003,0.026, 0.25,0,-0.005, 0.2,0,0,};

Also started rearanging M4 textures so I will be able to have a complete M4 -magazine with ironsight in a 1024x1024 texture.

Been playing around with a modified WW4 config to suit my liking and to companion my M4's

STGN

QXwp2gR8kfI

My first time animating enything and I think it went really well. The animation is made for use with WW4 MOD. It wasn't dificult but its very time consuming took me around 5 hours but I guess its okay since its my first time using OFP anim. Thanks to Sanctuary for his help with understanding OFPanim.
STGN
eta: how do I get the youtube function to work? Edited by STGN

For a first try, it is really awesome.

My first try was just a static anim, not a way more complex dynamic one like this.

Nice work there STGN.Maybe introduce a tiny bit of movement into

the torso and the gun,just to loosen it up a little.

:)

To embed your vid, wrap youtube tags around the embed code.

Highlight the text,then click the small youtube icon to the top

right of your post editing window.

Edited by Macser

I wanted to do some more gun movement, for a start I wanted him to cant the gun to lock it in the arm pit, but the pivot point is placed ca. 1m from the gun making it realy anoying to rotate so I didn't, can the pivot point be moved so gun movement is easier done?

STGN

Just go into "change pivots and linking".Then choose the selection

you want,there should be a small yellow sphere visible,indicating

the pivot.Hold down the shift key and use the mouse to place the

pivot in the location you want.

Click "change pivots and linking" again to return to editing frames.

Nice thank you very much for that really help full. Made a second try:

m00k7jfWW8k

Made almost from scratch and added alot of subtle movement.

STGN

Very good, the little upper torso slight move definitively help to give more life to the animation.

Thanks, I plan to redo it again this time with a little leg movement.

I have just realised that I was a bit too quick to release my soldier addon so the blood textures currently doesn't work. Its a quick fix if you have pbo tools though go in to the config and find class STGNSF now go a little down to wounds[]= and change all the "BISman" to "STGNBO", now the textures will work.

I am sory for the inconvenience.

STGN

78841581.jpgWIP

Trying to focus on studying so not getting much done at the moment but I just remade the buttstock and I am slowly improving the new carry handle.

STGN

Edited by STGN

Trijicon ACOG Reflex RX01NSN

72198894.jpg

Click

Info:

The Trijicon RX01 is a tritium powered reflex sight, the RX01NSN version was designed to be used on the M4's flattop receiver and was the first reflex sight that was included in the SOPMOD(Special Operation Modification M4A1) program, the primary purpose of the reflex sight was to be used in CQB because you don't need to align the front and rear sight to be on target. It has an 4,5 MOA amber dot, amber because its easier to see than red. Because it is powered by radioactive tritium the sight doesn't need a battery and is always on. The front of the sight has a fiber optic which adjust the light strength of the dot so it fits the light setting. In some light settings the dot can "wash" out so to combat this there is an optional polarizing lens that screw on the front and block light that cause the wash out.

47476991.jpg

OFP:

93% done its been a challenge to model this sight and mount correct, its not very symmetrical on the inside and I had a very limited picture reference material, luckily the patent has a drawing of the internal, even if it an older model drawn there. The mount was also a challenge to get done right. Mapping has also been a great learning experience, a lot of thanks to Fab. for his mapping tool its a tremendous help. The model has 559 faces as shown and uses 3 textures, 1 512x256 for the body and mount and 2 64x64 for the glass. When this and the new carryhandle is done I will release the next update

57658637.jpg

STGN

I agree.

Getting the mapping right makes the difference.

Without a good texture and mapping,the model

can end up being a collection of shapes.

Nice work.

Wow, they are looking very swish. I really like the look of that :)

Working on alot of things:

Sound(and a WIP muzzel flash):

ISe3qRQy3AI

What do you think? Would like to hear from someone who has shot the rifle recently, as to how it compares to the real thing.

Inventory picture:

I am working with a couple of Idears

1st is classic BIS picture of the weapon.

2nd is no mag, parts pointed out and named.

3ed parts are separated kinda like the SOPMOD poster and named.

90201703.jpg

I am not sure which I like the best could also be a combination of any of the 3.

Heres a shot of how 3 looks ingame.

80180195.jpg

Still working on the textures and model have managed to squish all the mapping on to 4 512x512 textures which will be merged to 1 big for the base model. And as you can see I have replaced the lower rail cover with a VFG I hope to one day be able to replace the models of the BAS weapons. So I am gonna ad a Peq-2 version at some point.

STGN

never fired a m4 but the sound is really nice, have you tried to see how it sounds during a firefight in which many m4 would be fired ?

Regarding the inventory, each one has its own feel, too difficult to have a preference there.

Have all ready changed the sound a bit now the crack sounds "closer" than in the video, if you had a firefight it didn't sound like the guy next to you shooting but that he was further a way. But it sounds really good in a fire fight, sounds very real(kinda like when the military has practice) both close up and from a distance.

STGN

Impressive looking models from the video, the inventory pictures are all very nice, good quality :)

no i wonder BronzeEagle call u a lagend...nicely done work, but it seems you work well with US Army Stuff, have ever thought of Making US FFW soldier? i'm sorry if my suggestion is not in the place, well u know this thread is for M4 Riffle..lol..btw keep up the nice work..