stgn

M4's for weapon Individualism

gcs025514hy.jpg

Need your help again look at this picture, does the colors look way off to you ,do the colors seem vey strong(they are not supose to look as grey as BIS textures so they have stronger colors than that). I am asking this to get a indication of what I looks like on other peoples screens because my own is dieing Im afraid and dosen't always show the colors correct eny more so I tryed my dad's and at first the colors was way off much too strong and it didn't look at all like it did on my own but now i have corrected the colors on my dad's screen so they look prity much the same but it made me wonder how will it look on others screens.

STGN

The only thing I can say looks a bit off is the green in the woodland camo. It looks a bit too much like limegreen IMO smile_o.gif

Otherwise, very nice work! biggrin_o.gif

lime green hmm it should be bluish green maby this is better to show the looks of the camo.

gcs025524t5eg.jpg

OFP settings: brightness 1.2 and grama 1.0

Note it is the M81 woodland as it looks on a 100% cotton uniform it has sharper colors than the newer 50%cotton 50%nylon.

STGN

It usually also depends on the camo set,usually new sets have brightish green,actual black and dark brown,used and worn have the lighter brown,darker green and more gray than black.

(reminds me of america's army those pics lol)

Well the current camo seems pretty good and doesn't need much enhancements smile_o.gif

By the way , is there a chance to retexture Hyk soldiers by your camo ?

Regards

Thunderbird84

alpha5jw.jpg

Release later today

STGN

Here you go

STGNSOPMOD v0.5 3.14 MB limited downloads (YouSendIt)

STGNSOPMOD v0.5 3.14 MB limited downloads (YouSendIt second link)

I am releasing this as an Alpha because I after this day don't know how much time I will have for OFP editing and I think its good enough for release. but this is an alpha which mean´s that while I think it looks 10 times better there are missing more things than the old one relativly.

Hope you will enjoy playing with it. I also updated the first page.

STGN

ahhh great work, Ive been waiting for these some time now, they have been made very well. Will be used allot! thumbs-up.gif

I am working on the ACOG sight picture and I wanted to have night ilumination but I am having a problem as the reticle wash out in day light on a green background.

I have tried using the "podsvit pristroju" section used is planes for the instruments but it dosen't seem to work and am currently using a transparrent texture.

acogub2.jpg

Does enybody have eny idear how to better this?

And to enybody having used the ACOG TA01NSN does the ilumination look right?

STGN

Have you tried to make the part of the sight to "shine", by selecting the wanted faces, then in the OFP menu click on Point then Properties and tick "Shining" ?

osbn9i.jpg

That's the trick used for the cat's eye on US helmet of some addons, or aimpoints in some sights etc...

Well I am already doing this shining. To explain more what I would like to do is to have a Black sharp reticle at day and a amber iluminated reticle at night.

I made the reticle on my lap top so it might be too dark(my laptop is very light) but it is actual light at night helping aiming my problem is the day time use causes wash out of the reticle.

Will post a picture of how it looks in O2 later.

STGN

Heres a picture of how the ACOG sight looks in o2:

acogbuildyq0.jpg

Right now I have a shining transparent amber layer above the black reticle I am wondering if I put it behind it will make the reticle standout on dark backgrounds might be an okay compromise on reality?

Yesterday I suddenly felt the urge to make a desent LOD for the gun and I think I did a decent job it quit fun actualy to make lods its a different chalengende from makeing very accurate detailed models to finding and making the essential parts.

223 faces on the 0.7 LOD Vs 1993 faces on the view LOD  

nlodpw1mv6.jpg

currentpwhb9.jpg

In profile:

nlodpw2go6.jpg

currentpw1aw5.jpg

Note: The carryhandle is gonna be replaced.

Heres the M203 I am working on its as accurate as the M4.

Its not as face heavy as it might seem only 448 currently so will be less than 600 faces when done I think.

m203pw1lz7.jpg

I have also made a new emty cartridge case but I can't make it work, I have shearch but didn't find an answer to making it work here on the Forum.

Can enybody tell me how to or direct me to a toturial or eksplanation?

STGN

Made a new reticle for the Iron sights:

newreticleho4.jpg

Muzzel flash is problery gonna change at some point.

STGN

Very good ironsight icon14.gif

I wish i was more skilled in texturing to get all the upcoming weapons of my project to have something like this to keep up with the default OFP silhouette system.

Quote[/b] ]I have also made a new emty cartridge case but I can't make it work, I have shearch but didn't find an answer to making it work here on the Forum.

Can enybody tell me how to or direct me to a toturial or eksplanation?

In the config, in the class CfgWeapons -> Default , i saw a

Quote[/b] ]modelMagazine="\misc\mag_univ.p3d";

Maybe it is what you are looking for, adding to your weapon (not ammo) definition that line pointing to your own cartridge model could be the solution.

I never tried it myself.

Additionally, some weapons to save performance do not feature very detailled sights, as unlike ArmA they are not used, sometime a simple texture is put there.

so even after odol-exploring - mloding - O2 removing the flash - rebinarizing - re-opening in PBox , there is no guarantee to get a good ironsight spot.

Oh yeah totaly forgot about that I was Talking about changing out FXcartrige to my own, not Dropping ekstra magazines, do you know how to do that?

STGN

Great thanks now it works biggrin_o.gif

Hi I am looking for some opinions:

I have been configing the M203 and M433 grenade and by shear acident the grenade now does not show up in the inventory list but it is still on the soldier and can be droped and picked up again. Now the advantages is that a soldier now can carry a realistic combat load of grenades and magazines and you have to reload each time the m203 is fired. No vest to do it for you an you can replentish a half combat load. AI uses it too with out problem as fare as I have seen. would also make it posible to carry different grenade types in the combat load.

Downside, I havent tested it but you might be able to carry an ulimited amount of grenades and you can't drop them from the inventory window.

What would you prefer to have and why?

Additional news the M203 equiped rifle is now heavy and unbalanced compared to one with out even when shooting only the rifle, makes you think twich before grabing a M203.

I have made zoom the same for the rifle(non scoped) and soldier, its realy a great thing I think, makes short range shooting alot faster and long rang shooting dificult, taget identification is also thougf.

Full AUTO is not useful past 100m now.

STGN

Alpha preview of a new M203 sight:

m203alphanb2.jpg

Its zeroed at 200m as I think the US Army does, its very easy and very accurate to use(front sight post top is the point of impact at 200m) although the grenade might be over accurate currently. Using the top of the leaf sight will hit at 100m and using the 50m line will hit 300m.

its still needs some texture work to fit in.

STGN

looking good, how many variations and version you going for? smile_o.gif

Hi the focus of my pack is from 1995 - 2001 roughly so what was in the old SOPMOD poster:

sopmodm4yf1.jpg

Ironsights/ACOG/Reflex/M4QD/M203 mixes problery also in desert camo.

Reflex sight in the works:

reflexvf1.jpg

Might include a M68 cco later.

Will also release a make it your self version so enyone who wants to use scopes and acessories from other addon makes can do that.

Will also make a few M4 MWS(just with burst and changed texture)

Most likly I will do other versions of AR15 also, already working on M16A2 but they will be in other packs.

m16a2fy4.jpg

STGN

Big pic of the ironsight:

m4a1is.th.jpgm16a2is.th.jpg

M4A1                               M16A2

Other news

I whent back and to a look at recoil again and completly remade it now its more realistic, simpel to do and looks great! Already started making configs for other weapons so they are balanced to my M4's, always missed how they didn't realy fit in with other OFP weapons, are also making Sight pictures for them so that too maches my guns.

Some smaller things: have downloaded the magazines to 28 rounds(makes seating a magazine easier with a closed bolt and is supose to function more reliable), All M4A1's with out optics will now be zeroed at 200 m simulating Improved battle zero since these are SF guns and because IBZ has a flatter trajectory for combat ranges than normal 300 m battle zero.

Have started making a MP5 SD which will be a weapon for special situations and not a silent assult rifle as it has often been i OFP.

STGN