stgn

M4's for weapon Individualism

I am gonna add recoile to the M203 is it right that it has a recoile simular to a 12 gauge shotgun huh.gif

STGN

Good News for some Bad news for others last week I was on vacation(luckly I brought my computer) I was kinda tired of playing around with the M4 and I remmembered that the only addons that get played with is the ones with units comming with em then I remmembered that i a couple of moths ago had been trying to make a Black Op addon which I had stoped working on but it had a complete SPEAR LBV so I put the LBV on my 1985 US soldier(which had been the ofspring of the black op addon) and vola:

bop16lg.jpgbop22or.jpg

Its the old 100% cotton BDU they are wearing. The Buttpack is HYK's with new textures I am not sure I I will keep it or make a new. I plan on releasing a beta in about two days to get some imput from you guys I just gotta make some blod textures and the worse texture errors.

Now don't think that I have forgotton all about the M4, playing around with the soldier got me more interrested in it and I am currently working on the Barrel and front sight which now is very(relativly) different added a little more detail model wise and the model it self much more accurate. I will try to show a picture soon.

smile_o.gif

STGN

Looking good, I could never be bothered to script the M4s to a more interesting unit so this'll be a welcoome addition thumbs-up.gif

Oh I should mention that this will be a seperat addon which only requires my guns not the other way around so nobody are forced to use em if they don't want.

STGN

I know this is completely useless in OFP, but is it possible to add a Harris Bipod (folded up)? It adds to the atmosphere biggrin_o.gif

ifthese guys are black ops  then please be so kind to remove the US flag and any other patches they may be wearing

black ops dont like the enemy to know where they are from (and neither does the general who send in those guys tounge2.gif )

Sory but RL is in the way so you are gonna have to wait til at least next week for the beta.

@r1c0cH3T

Hmm maby I will do one later no of the current models are realy suitable for a bipod.

@supergruntsb78

hmm well BIS's Black Op's (day) have flags too I think. I don't know, maby I am gonna remove em its just that if they are captured whit out markings I think they are to be treated like Spys who if I remember correct have no rights. Its not like they work together with Sam Fisher. I am gonna make a Black Op wearing a Black uniform in a more top secret style.

STGN

wel even spy's have rights (its called human rights tounge2.gif althoug some country's think those rigts arent rights sad_o.gif )

i cant wait for these guys and especialy the black version

keep it up with these gentlemen

(blackops are spys by the way and they are completly denyable)

(sorry if its spelled wrong but i couldnt figure it out anymore because im dead tired tounge2.gif)

@Lifter

By sights do you meant the ACOG, aimpoint and Reflex? If so I am already using the ACOG form his SR47/74 pack(with permission) maby I will ask him if I can use em but I don't know weher he is. Besides they need a complete retexture to look go on top of my guns so its not that easy.

STGN

Hmm, the bipod thing.. Maybe you could have a "deploy bipod" option, than removes the weapon from the player, creates a wepon like the M2, but a M4 on tripod, and uses the players ammo. THen it gets an option to pick it up, and gives the palyer the gun back, and deletes the tipody gun..?

If you did that it'd be great biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

why bother? Make a modelspecial with the bipods deployed and when its used, make the ammo change to a more accurate version... should be able to simulate a bipod

...but then the trouble comes with using the OTHER M4 variants with the magazine, as all of those would become the Bipod-Down model if I remember correctly. It'd be simpler not to bother wink_o.gif

@STGN

No, I meant the reticles only, for the acog and the ironsight..

Just until you have made your own.

Becaus the BIS M16 ironsight reticle is just wrong smile_o.gif

@Lifter

smile_o.gif year a A1 veiw on an A2 Sight rifle is rong maby I will ask Earl if i can use his in the next release if I havn't made my own. About the ACOG sight picture then I am not gonna change it because Earls is unusable to simulate a real one. I should pull myself together and finish the one I am making. You are well come to edit the cpp to use his sights on your own computer if you want.

Im with jackal on the Bipod subject whistle.gif

And now very much delayed my Black Ops (day):

stgnbo26rb.jpg

stgnbo11dq.jpg

STGN Black Ops 2.7 mb yousendit hosted

They require my guns to work. If you don't look at the ugly shoulders they don't look half bad. But fire away likes and dislikes please.

STGN

@STGN

"You are well come to edit the cpp to use his sights on your own computer if you want."

Way ahead of you smile_o.gif

"But fire away likes and dislikes please."

Dislikes: They look a bit to thin and unkitted

But man, anything looks good aslong as it's holding one of your m4s smile_o.gif

*suckup*

@Lifter

I don't know about the thinness but they are "under" equiped right now I have plans for adding more purches and also do a granadier.

Now for some updates on the M4's:

Revised SD recoile(prity much unnoticable but I thort it was importent)

correct casing ejection direction

CQBR(10.5" barrel M4) with and with out suppressor is being configed based on actual testing done by NSWC Crane.

Minor tweakes to the cpp setings

Alot of model changes but still fare form finish.

If you have eny idears on how to improve em please say so.

STGN

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>HELP!!!</span>

I don't know why but I can't get sun reflections on my guns this is how it looks now:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgTexturetoMaterial

{

class M4Metal

{

textures[]={"STGNSOPMOD\butt.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\carryhandle.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\coverplate.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\M16_1.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\M4 knap3.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\M4_knap.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\M4S.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\RAS.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\RAS2.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\RAS3.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\UD.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\xms_1.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\xms_1s.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\xms_2.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\xms_2s.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\xms_details.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\xms_mag.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\xms_ph.paa",

"STGNSOPMOD\xms_t.paa"};

material="#M4Metal";

};

};

class CfgMaterials

{

class M4Metal

{

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};

diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};

forcedDiffuse[]={1,1,1,1};

specular[]={0.2,0.2,0.2,0};

specularPower=7;

emmisive[]={0.01,0.01,0.01,0};

};

};

Another thing do enyone thinks this looks realistic?

newbarrel7ym.jpg

And if not do you have a sugestion how to improve it?(disregard the muzzel)

STGN

Try this :

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};

diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};

forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};

specular[]={0.1,0.1,0.1,0};

specularPower=13;

emmisive[]={0,0,0,0};

is the m4 model binarized or however you spell it confused_o.gif

I noticed your .p3d are not binarized and so are always in MLOD format, the sun reflections with the CfgTextureToMaterial and CfgMaterial can work only for binarized models (ODOL format).

I noticed your .p3d are not binarized and so are always in MLOD format, the sun reflections with the CfgTextureToMaterial and CfgMaterial can work only for binarized models (ODOL format).

Oh I suspected somthing like that. Well I have to figure out how that binarized thing works then.

STGN

I recommend a tool released by ColKlink called BinarizeIT! (BIT! for short). It adds an easy to use interface to Binarize and is well worth the download. Grab it from OFP.INFO (roughly half way down the page).

Thanks all for your help I have now tested it and decided I am not going to use reflections even with the ones from thunderbird which was much better than the ECP ones I useed it wasen't realy what I had hoped. It dosen't realy improve the aperance or makes it look more realistic.

STGN