stgn

M4's for weapon Individualism

aimpoints.jpg

Converted my Aimpoint CompM2 model into a CompM and I am gonna use that instead as its more accurate for the period although I am not sure if I should add an extra 40 faces for the groove on the front of the optic.

STGN

STGN As I can edit the textures. paa and. pac files and change the color of texture such as a rifle?..... thanks in advance:)

I don't really understand what you are saying, but if you want to re texture or modify the textures of the addon then sure go right ahead.

STGN

I don't really understand what you are saying, but if you want to re texture or modify the textures of the addon then sure go right ahead.

STGN

I mean edit .paa and .pac files there will be some program or rather edit the textures of the INQ M16 (change the color)

Edited by Sgt. Elias Pinto

Go to google and search for PAnTool download it, you can use it to convert .paa and .pac to .tga and .tga to .paa and .pac . Then you can use photo edit softwear like photoshop, paintshop pro, gimp, paint.net, etc. to edit the photo and change color if you like.

Now this thread is about my addons more specifically my M4's so if you have questions not relating to either of those topics please do not use this topic, search the forum first, make a topic with a question if you find no answer or use PM to contact me or other addons makes if you have specific questions to our work- please don't abuse this offer for questions you could easily find the answer to on google or other search engine.

STGN

I have tested this addon and I have to say :Good work. Good work indeed. This weapon pack is great for special force missions.

Thanks Just wait for the next release the eotech and aimpoint is great along with all the other fixes/modifications, just need to finish the acog texture then I can release.

STGN

allout.th.jpg

Hi sorry for this taking so long to get an update, but RL is keeping me busy and working on the ACOG is more difficult than I imagined.

STGN

nice work :) it is possible to make a 3d optics ?

nice work :) it is possible to make a 3d optics ?

Not really, I mean the sight is a 3d model shown but the way BIS made it render is completely "bip"ed up so using a 3d model instead of a texture would require alot of work just to look half decent and even then you would not be able to see lines that are not horizontal or vertical all other edges would be "pixelated" for a lack of better word. Sight view in OFP is for a face with a texture on, not much els.

STGN

Looking nice. What EOT is it exactly? And are you planning the flat-top, RISed M4 with flip-up sight, somewhere in future?

Its a early model 551. Do you mean an M4 with only back ups sights? if so then yes is definitely a possibility have already made a KAC 300 m back up sight model.

STGN

I have noticed a very strange thing with sights.ACOG zooms as much as BIS' M16 iron sights and other sights seem to actually zoom out a bit when relative to standard view.It is a bit difficult to aim at medium-long ranges but a bit easier to use in CQB scenarios (though CQB is kinda rare in OFP :()

Its not at strange thing its done on purpose, zoom is the same as standard view(the reason it might seem to zoom out is because the gun view point is not the same as the head view point). and its done for excatly that reason to make medium-long range shooting very difficult. ACOG zoom is double that of regular regular OFP. For the next release I have inceased zoom on 1x sights to 1.1x but so fare I prefer the no/low zoom so that what its gonna be. But its easy to change on your own find class STGNSOPMODM4A1 and class STGNM203 in the config and go to

opticsZoomMin=0.7;

opticsZoomMax=0.7;

and change it to

opticsZoomMin=0.35;

opticsZoomMax=0.35;

and you will have BIS zoom levels.

STGN

@A51 Thank you!

Hey clicked the link on your addons to try them and they are no longer available. Anyway you can zip them up on Mediafire or something? Thanks in Advance

Hey clicked the link on your addons to try them and they are no longer available. Anyway you can zip them up on Mediafire or something? Thanks in Advance

Do you mean the old version posted on in the first post, if not which addons? I just checked all the links in my signature and they work for me.

STGN

@STGN

Thanks for the info.

Are you going to release newer version soon?

Edit:

Good job on the recoil.

Edited by Petar

How would people feel about not having units equipped with the guns come forced with the STGNSOPMOD.pbo instead they would be in a separate addon. So you could chose not to have the ocean of soldiers available in the editor by not putting the STGNSOPMODsoldier.pbo in the addon folder?

STGN

In my opinion, having ready to use units within your pack is better than manually equipping soldiers with weapons - it's faster and easier. And it enables using your weapons in missions without creating custom units, which is still question of future, I think, because WIP status of your pack (it sounds funny when talking about such detailed addon!).

So I support idea of units within the pack.

does this have a config that will replace stock weapons? Meaning I would love to play shadow killer and all the stock missions with new weapons.. probably a dumb question but figured I would ask

Nope. But it isn't very hard to do - one thing is that you'll have incompatibility issues in missions, if you want to use all features of STGN's M4, not only models.

If you want to now more about this issue - PM me. ;)

So far..

m4so.gif

M4A1 and SOPMOD M4A1

m203.gif

M203 on M4A1 and SOPMOD M4A1

cqbrmk.gif

CQBR and MasterKey on SOPMOD M4A1

mre.gif

M4A1 with MRE rail, on top A insert and chopped FSB at bottom B insert.

STGN

I'm gonna repeat myself: perfect gets better! :)

AR-15 variants aren't in my range of interest, but yours are so detailed like never before in OFP. Do you have any plans (in distant future) for other versions like SPR, or even some AR-10 in .308?

And what you'd think about converting the Masterkey into independent Remington 870?