stgn

M4's for weapon Individualism

STGN's M4 CARBINE
sopmodposters.jpg
^Click

STGN SOPMOD gen.4 ver. 1.00

I hope this inspires you to make your own addons for OFP and to try to be creative to bring details in to the game that makes for at better immersion into OFP.

CHANGELOG
-------------------
V1.00 REUPLOAD, 30-09-2019
Missing info text file and picture
V1.00 RELEASE, 16-08-2016
Aimpoint versions
Eotech versions
MRE rail versions
Subsonic ammo
12 gauge shotgun shells
New ACOG model
Regular OFP zoom for weapons
Ammoboxes
V0.98 RELEASE, 19-03-2010
New recoil
Updated cpp
Added Trijicon Reflex
New M203 model
Added KAC masterkey
Added inventory pictures
Custom Muzzle flash
Updated model and textures
Modified ACOG
v0.901 RELEASE, 23-05-2009
Fixes bugs and a few things I forgot
v0.9 RELEASE, 22-05-2009
Added CQBR/ACOG/M203 versions
Updated models and textures
Updated cpp
New Recoil
v0.5 RELEASE, 08-01-2006
Added CQBR versions
New models and textures
Updated cpp
v0.45 RELEASE, 01-06-2005
Added ACOG versions
Added SD version
Updated cpp
Couble of fixes
v0.4  RELEASE, 27-05-2005

Download here:

STGNSOPMOD V1.00 (2019) 

Old versions(links not working):

download here:

STGNSOPMOD v0.98 4.67 mb download (OFPR.info)
STGNSOPMOD v0.901 3.09 MB download (filefront)

STGNSOPMOD v0.901 3.09 MB download (OFPR.info)

STGNSOPMOD v0.5 3.14 MB download (FileFront) -thanks Placebo
Includes a very simple mission where you can try out the gun.

Link thanks to Opflash.org
STGNSOPMODv0.45 (2.5mb)

Links thanks to OFP.info
STGNSOPMODv0.45 (2.5mb) FTP#1
STGNSOPMODv0.45 (2.5mb) FTP#2

STGN

Make a water pistol biggrin_o.gif

wait, I already done that... xmas_o.gif

Nice models..but.. so are INQ, so are that high-realism M4 [*Ahem* - Just realised that was you tounge_o.gif], so is.. I oculd go on all day, which is a long time from now, but I'll not

if you want to make the pack.. different.. work on scripts that let you remove parts of it (Like add a scope to normal M4, you are given M4 Scoped, add a M203 launched, you get scoped m4 w/ M203, etc)

- Ben

I have with interest been following the (way too damn slow) development of this little pack of yours.

And it is actually looking like we're about to see, for the first time, an accurate, hi-detailed version of the M4.

For the sake of the children, finish this addon!

(and for my sake, make one version with a EOTech, and one with an ACOG, and one supressed version, and one with a trijicon reflex 2, and one with an aimpoint, and ofcourse all those variants with AN/PEQ-2)

biggrin_o.gif

yep, i like the handling of it, good piece and the test mission was fun too, thanks smile_o.gif .

he he well right now im in the middel of my exams so I don't have that much time on my hands for the moment.

Actualy you should not call this an accurate model two weeks ago i realised that the lower reciver is 0.5" too high and the buffertube is abit too thick so I am right now i am working on correcting those and in the same time updating the model so it wil be easier to convert to A2, A1 and A0 smile_o.gif versions. Plus offcause finish off my textures.

STGN

Well, recoil and fire rate feel great and i like the textures has they are not too shiny or over detailed, blends well with OFP has it is though the model looks a bit out of place obviously (compared to everything else), i wish ARAS weapons would look this good and detailed, this rifle is a pleasure to look at and fire with.

I would rather have a pack with more weapons like this one than more M4 varients and mods, because its weird when you are holding this fine looking piece and look at the enemies/teamates other ones tounge_o.gif .

Thanks again for releasing it, its very apretiated here smile_o.gif .

yeah , the textures are pretty good.

btw if you wanna have a realistic recoil , try this :

for the single fire :

riffleSingle[]={0.05,"0.02*0.65","0.05*0.65",0.35,0,-0.006,0.07,0,-0.006,0.13,0,0};

and this one for the full auto mod :

mgunBurst3[]={0.05,"0.02*0.4","0.05*0.4",0.35,0,-0.006,0.07,0,-0.006,0.13,0,0};

regards smile_o.gif

thunderbird84

FINALLY..someone has made a realistic M4 that does not look like a shiney undersized/Oversized toy in the units hands..

Respect!!!

I love em.

Here are my immediate observations:

Cons:

* The bullet-casings fly kind of backwards when they're ejected.

* No plain M4 or XM variants.

Pros:

* The weapon looks really good!

* The recoil is very nicely done.

* The animated ejector looks really good!!

* It looks just right. Not too big, not too small.

Thanks for the positiv feed back.

@Thunderbird84

Hi thanks for the recoils. I have just tested them and i don't like them as they where then, because they don't simulate a M4 recoil as it looks(the backwards movement is very brif), you still get the normal shooting over where you aim(on auto) and its simulates a barrel dive under zero and up again which is somthing that i don't like because it forces me to do somthing that I didn't do then i would rather have a slower return to zero. I don't know if you read the explanation of my recoil but its in the readme. I only use one recoil for both semi and auto because a weapon's recoil dosen't change because you switch it on auto(if you fire one shot in auto on mine then its gonna be the same as on semi yours dosen't chang much but there is a difference). So I used your semi recoil values in my:

STGNriffleSingleold[]={0.03,0,0, 0.045,0.013,0.0325, 0.045,0,0.027625, 0.255,0,0,};

I thort it worked much better but i still thort it, kicked up the barrel a bit to high so now it looks like this:

STGNriffleSingle[]={0.03,0,0, 0.045,0.013,0.025, 0.045,0,0.02125, 0.255,0,0,};

I think this is better, it has a higher climb than mine and makes burst's abit harder but it also looks more realistic compared to filmclip's of the weapon firing. I think I will use this for future release.

@Heatseeker

I haven't planed on making a big SOPMOD pack like the one wipman is duing, it would only be a couple of variants. and maby make a make it your self pack. I have planed on making new recoil's for the standard OFP weapons though i will not make new AK's models the RHS ones are very nice i think.

@Ranger bob

smile_o.gif well perfection takes time. Actualy I have a tendency to think my work sucks so i redo them all the time and this model is not 3 years old notice this is generation 3 which is only a half year old and i am not the world's best texture artist so makein txtures that look good and realistic take a hell of alot of time. And there was i time where i didn't play OFP or made addons for a relativly long time.

@Nemesis6

Bullet-casings does fly backwards on an M4 thats why the case defector is there so its protects the lefties. A standard handguard will be made in the future both CAR and M4 versions.

STGN

@Nemesis6

Bullet-casings does fly backwards on an M4 thats why the case defector is there so its protects the lefties. A standard handguard will be made in the future both CAR and M4 versions.

STGN

Had a suspicion about that... guess you know more than I do about M4s! smile_o.gif

Hi, could i use this recoil/ballistic values for the config of our M4's if we find a solution for the M68 red dot that don't shines?. Let's cu

@wipman

Year sure it was kinda why I released it.

STGN

Hi, many thanks; u could had PM me or just have said in our M4's threat that u made the realistic ballistic and recoil values of the M4A1 & that u'll like us to use 'em & we'll had said "yes, many thanks". Another name to add to the readme; STGN. Let's cu

Oh maby it sounded rong I did not mean that this was especialy for you but for everybody to look at and every one who thinks this recoile fits his weapon can use it or this type of recoil for that matter thats was what I meant.

STGN

nice addon.. I guess (OFP has stopped working indefinitely sad_o.gif )

sounds good.. I guess

but please.. spell check before posting...

Wow, man, that's original! There ain't many M4:s out yet...

No, really, there ain't many I could use. The BAS ones are nice otherwise, but their size... You know what I mean.

Waiting for wipman's ones then.

id prefer a gud old SA80 rock.gif

@HuNtA

"OFP has stopped working indefinitely"  what do you mean. rock.gif

@hardrock

rock.gif

@ROadki11

Hmm okay well then you've posted in the rong topic then because i ain't makeing one. But the UKF one is prity nice if you didn't know its the A2 though.

To enyone who thinks it is total ridicules to make a M4: if you don't want it then don't download it I aint forcing you I wanted some feedback on the handling of the weapon which I got, thank you, and to give some idears to other weapon makers I hope they got them.

It apeares to me that some ofp players could care less about the looks of an M4 as long as it looks good and have a slight resemblance, that is fine with me but its not something I want so therefore I am making my own, so I can get the detail and precision I want, I am very sory if that annoys enybody, but they are gonna have to live with it sory.

STGN