Sign in to follow this  
Rogue2020

P.O.W.

Its a German prisoner camp...and there's 2 huge signs, one saying "Exercise Yard" and the other "US compound", with the stars and stripes above it all.

Very believable.

And the guards talk to each other in English with German accent I bet. Sure. Whatever.

I reckon its gonna suck.

now that I think of it... yea probably.. they will have to make it all PC and be sensitive and shit... it will end up being all fruity and a joke

Why, who gets offended with the terms "Englisher Swieschund"

and "Filty Kraut" these days? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frizbee @ Jan. 16 2002,02:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why, who gets offended with the terms "Englisher Swieschund"

and "Filty Kraut" these days?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

.....I thought it was "sweinhund" und "sauerkraut".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's "Schweinehund"...<span id='postcolor'>

....ooops - but you are wrong. It's schweinhund!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Jan. 16 2002,13:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's "Schweinehund"...<span id='postcolor'>

....ooops!<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, your native language is Norwegian, mine is German, so don't sweat it. I'll bet you anything your knowledge of German is better than my knowledge of Norwegian. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's "Schweinehund"...<span id='postcolor'>

....ooops!<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, your native language is Norwegian, mine is German, so don't sweat it. I'll bet you anything your knowledge of German is better than my knowledge of Norwegian.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My german is worse than terrible I'm afraid  biggrin.gif

Correct my spelling please:

Ich mřchte gern sitronenzprudel trinken?

That should be

Ich möchte gerne Zitronensprudel trinken.

A helpful phrase for those who find themselves stranded in Germany, Austria, or Switzerland with the sudden urge to drink lemon soda. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Jan. 16 2002,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That should be

Ich möchte gerne Zitronensprudel trinken.

A helpful phrase for those who find themselves stranded in Germany, Austria, or Switzerland with the sudden urge to drink lemon soda. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Here's another one. Instead of granny's apple pie, it should be:

Apfelstrudel mădchen traudl (why cant I find the "two dots" on the keyboard?).

OK, that one makes no sense. confused.gif

Apfelstrudel is a pastry, and Mädchen is German for girl, but Traudl is a girl's name. There's no valid sentence structure there.

I think we should let this thread die...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Jan. 16 2002,06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, that one makes no sense. confused.gif

Apfelstrudel is a pastry, and Mädchen is German for girl, but Traudl is a girl's name. There's no valid sentence structure there.

I think we should let this thread die...<span id='postcolor'>

..no you are right. But isn't this the name of a cake/pie?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Jan. 16 2002,06:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, it's a pastry/pie, depending on how it is prepared. Quite good, too.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm tired now. I'll stop this german language lession. You have been a terrific pupil. I'm proud of you!

biggrin.gif

Next time I'll learn you norwegian.

Back to the topic anyways.....I've downloaded all the movies, it looks like it will either be really really good and tense, or really really dull and crap smile.gif It reminds me of an old Spectrum game (made by Ocean I think) where you had to escape from a German prison camp, that one was really cool, you had to turn up for roll call each day or they would come looking for you, things like that, was a real classic, can't recall the name of it though, possibly "The Great Escape" or something like that smile.gif

Well, I was just quoting from a Very Old copy of PC Format Magazine, which was reviewing an old flight sim which I have completely forgotten the name of, and can't be bothered to check.

So, accuse them of spelling the words wrong.

Looks like a fun game to me....I love games or just levels in games where you are captured and can have allot of fun just fucking around and toying with the guards....