Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

realism

Anyhow, I think the current flight system is more realistic than M$ Flight Sim... in that you can do barrel rolls and loop the loops with 747's and crap. Wow very realistic. That'd make the wings tear off in real life. Actually, that'd be AWESOME! Simulate "G-Force" so if you go too fast you pass out and so on, and wings and whatever break off if you exceed the aircrafts limits! (all selectable in the difficulty menu obviously. Have recruit, veterain, and simulation or something, the latter having everything as realistic as possible!)

I just wanted to say, when they first unveiled the 747 to the public, the pilot who flew it performed multiple barrel rolls not that high of the ground to show the public what the 747 could do. I was pretty amazed myself.

but on topic. I don't know what its like to fly a real chopper but the chopper flight simulation in ofp feels so damn right, no other game has given me the same experience. it just feels accurate. The only thing i wanna be able to do is turn the engines off and have the wind effects turn the blades while i'm falling to give me some lift so i can safely land. I think its called auto rotation. I tried it sooo many times, to turn the engines off and land an apache, just cant do it. The tinniest touch to the ground and it explodes.

They need to just keep what they have in there, and since technology is a lot better now than in 1999-2001, they should add more factors, but only if it helps make it even more realistic. If its buggy, they should leave it alone. They just can’t afford to ruin what they did so well, I have faith that BIS won’t.

You're referring to the 707 Dash-80 proto-type. There's also stories of B-52 pilots flying acrobatics 50 feet or less off the ground, and deliberately side-slipping it in stalls. Modeling those extreme parameters does not define 'realistic'. No-respawn no-spectator type things, that's useful game realism.

on the helicopter model, can the pilot please have control of the dumbfires.

i don't know if thats how they do it in a real cobra, but tryting to co-ordinate with your gunner when to launch them is silly.

with the AH-64 in this case, if i remembered correctly, the gunner have control on MGs, while rockets are being fired by pilots, but you still need the gunner to do the pre-firing part(would be have lots less job to do if target is laser printed by a OH-85 or something like that though)

You can make auto rotation landings in OFP!

Remember hoy have to have forward speed and altitude to do that!

Do not blame BIS for things they did bring into the game.

Only problems:

-your Heli explodes midair if you are dammaged too much (no autorotation for you).

-The AI will not try auto rotation, they just bail out (unrealistic)

about the 747, yeh it was the 707. I really dont care if they define those extreme parameters, just wanted to show that larger aircraft can do barrel rolls if executed correctly.

About the autorotations, i know u need forward speed, alt, right amount of pitch. its just that, i swear i tried it like 10-15 times, i get that last amount of lift at the end and the chopper just explodes with the slightest touch to the ground, do not pass go, do not collect $200, it just explodes, kinda like the planes do if u touch the runway slightly wrong.

theres still alot of things BIS hasnt added, but i don't blame them for anything coz it takes time, resources, technology, power. I praise them for giving me the only worthwhile simulation experience. I'm dying to fly a chopper using hl2's engine, but theres nothing out so far. ofp is the best.

I have to say, some of the ofp2 pics of the osprey and the other chopper look amazing, it looks like they have so much weight, the osprey looks like a giant metal beast. i really cant wait to feel the flight in ofp2. to feel the weight of a ch-53.

I think they should go more towards the simulation route for Vehicles also. They can please every one I think by just making it a third difficulty level...

Cadet: Like it is now.

Veteran: Like it is now, but hopefully some more realism.

Elite: simulation style vehicle controls, fire control systems, and damage.

Regardless of difficulty, I really want to see ejecting from helicopters removed unless it's the Hokum for example. No airborne operations from helicopters either, give us a C130 and an Ilyushin for that. I suppose they could keep that stuff for cadet mode... I guess.

I would really like to see the tanks fleshed out more. Thermal or infrared sites depending on the tanks. Range finding, AI loader crew for western tanks. Turned out binoculars and machine gun for commanders. Hatch mounted machine gun for the loader on western tanks. I also think the tank crews and pilots should only have pistols, and inside their tank have a carbine or two for incase they have to bail. It's kind of cheesy how it is now, a Hind pilot ejects and lands on the ground with a full infantry combat load out.

About auto-rotation in ofp:

I had done quite a bit of testing in the past, and it seems dependent upon where your throttle is at the time of engine failure. According to my tests, assuming that full down collective would be 0%, and full up collective would be 100%, your throttle would have to be at a position less than 75% in order to have auto-rotation. Of course, you would have to react quickly and apply down collective if you want to land it in one piece.

I will also give you some tips on how to survive when you have to do an auto-rotation.

First, apply full downward collective. Of couse you should know this one by now.

Second, manuever your chopper to a location above a hospitable piece of ground to land on, and decrease your speed to 0.

Third, apply full upward collective when you are no less than 15 meters off the ground, this will land you without taking damage. You can decide to do this at 20 meters off the ground if it makes you feel more comfortable, just be sure to lower your collective so that you don't stall the rotors. This applies to all helicopters in the game in case you were wondering.

And what with tanks and ohter driveable vehicles.

Vehicle handling, realistic sights and on board systems.

Would you switch to the arcade/recrut mode if the game  forced you to learn new things?

For ex. being a tank driver is not that simple and boring as it is now (it`s the same thing like driving a motorbike or truck in ofp), not to mention the gunner stuff...(sights, targeting systems and so on).

I think the mp would become even more coop and professional thing when the admins would be allowed to manipulate and enforce those realism things on players.

edit: imagine the bunch of cs-idiots:

"whoaaa, guys, jump in that tank...frag! frag! frag! crazy_o.gif "

then..."omg, how does this thing work mad_o.gifwow_o.gif "

Being a tank driver is as boring as ever.

It's the loader who gets to play with all the intresting integrated battlefield systems.

oh man, i wanna drive a tank so badly now in ofp2. i'm just picturing night time missions using thermal imaging to drive. or an apache using IR, rises above a tree, slowly picks off a couple of enemies

i think bf2 has thermal imaging, not sure but i heard each object has a heat value that ranges.

oh man, i wanna drive a tank so badly now in ofp2. i'm just picturing night time missions using thermal imaging to drive. or an apache using IR, rises above a tree, slowly picks off a couple of enemies

i think bf2 has thermal imaging, not sure but i heard each object has a heat value that ranges.

It doesn't even have to go above the trees now  wow_o.gif

New missile which flies quite high into the sky and drops on top of the target.

I wanna see better damage etc on the veichles.

Yes heavier armor at the front lighter at the back.

perhaps in the name of simplicity a LAWS rocket to the front of an Abrams has no effect but to the rear kills it.

thats sort of thing would be a nice touch.

just played the bf-2 demo on a ati x850. mother of god, the depth in the graphics is just insane, the feeling of weight, the choppers, the tanks feel just right, the sounds are perfect, the shooting still seems a little arcady. its the shading that really does it, nothing in it is bland.

I can't imagine ofp2 looking better than this, but if it does, and has the same feeling as ofp if not better, and has better technology and features than ofp/bf2, i'll just cry.

while playing bf2, i felt like i could step into the game, run my hand across the body of the super cobra and actually feel the metal, or the smoothness of the window.

I think it would be brill to able to lean left/right & able to shoot while leaning which is exactly how marines/delta/who ever do it is in real life. It would make for some savage urban fightin instead of having to have practically half ur body stickin around the corner to kill some1 like in ofp1. As well as this, trees should be much better implemented in ofp2. Example: A person could advance from tree to tree,leaning left/right,fire off a few rounds(cover fire)make a run to the next tree,etc. It would add much more playability to the game. Player's could essentially take proper cover. I found in ofp1 that when especially in urban or wooded surroundings, that when turning a corner/tree to attack an enemy position, its was just about impossible to turn the corner and get the first shot in if they new you were about. If leaning left/right was an option, being able to get a chance to take out the enemy would be much more real lfe, YES NO?huh.gif

simulation style handling is ok but thats less important than dammage model and avonics methinks, realism wise using things in the same way inreal life is more important than them behaving like they do in real life. Real life being hovering miles away behind a hill plinking off targets that cant see you. To be truely realistic mr footsoldier would have a greatly reduced role with machines and their ability to touch you from afar would rule.

True but i'm not talkin bout being miles away and having a military satellite zap them in half with millimeter accuarcy using magnified light with a touch of quaser magnetism on the side to ensure the target is poisned to death if cuting him in half don't kill em   banghead.gif . Just a simple implemented lean left/right programme. It works effectivly in other war sim games. Ur point about damage and avionics is true and i feel the same.Me myself, iwould love to be able to shoot down the barrel of a T-80 with a .50 caliber and boom, 1 hell of an internal exlosion rippin the top of the tank in. inlove.gif to be able to eh Helltoupee!! or is that just me?

Its a game. Keep it fun. Simulation is nice as long as it is fun. But when I need to read a manual before I can keep a helicopter in the air then its no fun anymore.

Its a game. Keep it fun. Simulation is nice as long as it is fun. But when I need to read a manual before I can keep a helicopter in the air then its no fun anymore.

but when you can it's far more rewarding...

war ain't a simple buisness, get used to it, or move to BF2 (unles Ea pooped out a part 3 at that time). Ofcourse the realism won't be made as complicated as Lomac, or any of those sims. but it's still a sim.

we can always look forward to codemasters's version of ofp2...... biggrin_o.gif

Maybe they will co-operate with EA?

Horror of all horrors....

OFP2 - Arcade style..... huh.gif i want to cry.. sad_o.gif

war ain't a simple buisness, get used to it, or move to BF2 (unles Ea pooped out a part 3 at that time).

OFP2 aint gonna be a war, its gonna be a game. And games are supposed to be fun. Get used to it or enlist into a real army.

Maybe OFP2 = BF3? whistle.gif

But seriously, anyone who wants Game No.2 to be an arcade shooter because they hate realism should be stuffed into a rocket and shot towards the sun tounge2.gif

OFP is about realism, not an arcade CS-like way of playing. I was very pleased to hear that Game No.2 will be even more realistic than OFP notworthy.gif

Edit: typo

But seriously, anyone who wants Game No.2 to be an arcade shooter because they hate realism should be stuffed into a rocket and shot towards the sun tounge2.gif

And anybody that equates suggesting games should be fun with agitating for arcade style of play should be drowned in a spoon.

But seriously, anyone who wants Game No.2 to be an arcade shooter because they hate realism should be stuffed into a rocket and shot towards the sun  tounge2.gif

And anybody that equates suggesting games should be fun with agitating for arcade style of play should be drowned in a spoon.

think them in a different way, whoever thinks that realism cant have fun should be..............well, lets say, hanging upside down in a pool of crap while not letting you die icon_rolleyes.gif

not mean to start a flamewar, but i think every one have their own taste and you cant force anyone to thinks that your way is better

BTW, we knew what "realistic gameplay" means

I think that the more realistic ofp2 will be, the better it will be. If ofp2 was arcady i wouldn't be botherd to play it honestly. I find you get more out of a game when its more realistic than arcade. Its more intense and i think the player needs to get more "down and dirty" in the game. BUT everyone is different, some people might not enjoy ofp2 if its very realistic. But me for 1 wants it to be 100% realistic.  pistols.gif  

Quote from BISTUDIO WEBSITE: "

Operaperation Flashpoint 2 will introduce 2nd generation Flashpoint Engine for the ultimate military gaming experience with even more realism,

freedom and immersion than the original Operation Flashpoint."

There is really nothing to discuss, it will NOT be an arcade game.

There are like tons of arcade-small-infiltration-map games and OFP isnt one of them and will never become one either. whistle.gif

Comparing BF2 with the OFP games is like talking about Myst III.

They are not even gonna be close to each other or do you feel right now they can be compared? BF2 feels like BF42 and OFP2 will feel like OFP. simple as that......I can understand comparing BF2 with AmericasArmy but OFP is a lightyear away from both of these games. Thank god...............