Sign in to follow this  
Brakes

Negative topography and water

This has sort of been talked about in the suggestions, but I´ll still tempt the fate posting this question here:

What I am really interested in the OFP2 engine is, will it be possible to model underground structures, like caves and tunnels that are completely below ground, possibly with above ground objects eg. houses on top of them? How about trenches and foxholes?

In effect for this to work the Z coordinate in the ground would need to be given negative values, which might be a bit complicated, dunno.

Also, how about water, will the people (and animals) be able to swim?

i think ofp must have a diferent leveing terrain system, one that alows u to change height not from 50m to 50m but in anyplace that way we can have alot more realistic islands and tows, and "holes" etc etc rapels :P

yeah OFP:R demonstrated a system of terrain resolution change ( very low to very high )

Quote[/b] ]I really really hope that in ofp2 we'll see tunnels ... that would be superb +

I guess if we can see deformable ground like it was indicated for grenades we probably will see working trenches, tunnels or whatever. Basically it just would be some object placed underground, which should be on the to-do list of BIS.

For some reason I don't see deformable terrain happening in "Game2" IMO. Don't know why, but I just don't see it. sad_o.gif