Sign in to follow this  
twisted

Sell ARAS online

BIS is looking for a publisher for ARAS right?

so why not take a leaf out of HL2's book and sell it online. so i pay BIS the money and then DL it. do the whole activation thing like HL2 as well.

that was very painless IMO and worked a treat. also would allow BIS to make MUCH more money in the process. which can be used to grow their business.

smile_o.gif

i personally wouldn't mind if BIS did a steam on us i dont really have a problem with steam(apart from its best feature friends never working ) but i think they would still have to released it on disk aswell to reach the most customers and i think most people would prefer to have something solid for their money they could hold in their hand..

Download purchase would be ok, as long as it would not use things like Steam or Starforce. And I would like to have an option to have a box and disc mailed to me too in addition to the download version.

Yes, even if receiving the box would mean to pay a litle extra (the download could be a little cheaper than the retail version to balance this). I'd rather have my money go 100% to BIS than mostly to a publisher.

I'd rather have my money go 100% to BIS than mostly to a publisher.

Ditto smile_o.gif

Both the ways are ok but I would prefer buying the CDs/DVD, so that I can have it as hard evidence that I have ArAs.

EDIT: Spelling

Call me oldfashion but I like having a cd/dvd handy. I have nothing against online-distribution and would have bought AA through download too, but I know I want that cd/dvd in the end so I voted "I prefer the dvdcase".

I believe if you limit the distribution to online-only you're cutting your customerbase in half and then some. The forums's 30.000+ members are only a fraction of the possible customerbase.

Same. I would buy it either way, but prefer DVD box. I kinda had bad experience with Steam last year. Don't really trust online distribution systems much. tounge_o.gif

Same, i like buying and unwrapping the package and the advantages are big, like you can buy it and give it to your, friends, brothers, mum tounge_o.gif .

If there was no alternative i would buy it and download it online though.

I'd be happy to DL and give all the money to BIS. Although I would like some kind of proof of purchase mailed to me. It would be lovely if they could find someone to publish a Boxed version but also allow BIS to distribute an online version for those who want to give their cash to devs not suits smile_o.gif That way everybody's happy...

But that's not bloody likely is it biggrin_o.gif

Matrix Games have download, download and get it on CD, or just get it on CD for the games they sell. And they are not using the silly schemes such as Steam or that aboration Starforce.

Downside of it is that it requires a debit/creditcard, not sure how/if they handel money orders etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing MatrixGames as the publisher for Armed Assault and BIs other future title. smile_o.gif

I voted: No I prefer a DVD case from a store.(Amazon would be fine) wink_o.gif

People without broadband would`nt download a game. OFPË› would be out before theire download is completed. And I agree with Shadow, I like to buy a disk that contains the game. For free games it is ok to download them, but when I have to pay for it, I want to have a disk. What I don`t need is a 1000 page thick handbook and photorealistic printing on the disk.

Download purchase would be ok, as long as it would not use things like Steam or Starforce. And I would like to have an option to have a box and disc mailed to me too in addition to the download version.

I have to second what Kegetys say... Download without Steam/StarForce is OK but prefer to have a disc.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I am not old enough to use a Credit Card

or other internet means of payment, otherwise there is no money from me.

No CD

No DVD

No money.

I voted DVD/CD box. I like to but my game box on the wall and look at them. smile_o.gif

Yes, but d/d options or even better paypal for purchase.

DVD box...cause I must have AA box in my bookcase near other OFP boxes:)

download it print your own disc.

as long as a download is cheaper than the box, thats what i want. if it's the same price i'll buy the box.

Seeing there is another one with MatrixGames experiences, I must also say, that pure online would be perfectly fine for me. They might add a printable cover for a DVD-Box though smile_o.gif

What is ARAS? Is it the new short for Armed Assault?

What is ARAS? Is it the new short for Armed Assault?

Yes, apparently it is.

AA or ArAs doesn't matter, as long as we are talking about Armed Assualt and not America's Army wink_o.gif

Why not sell the game like Paradox? You can buy their games directly at their store, so you get it cheaper, they make more money out of the game and you get a box.

Personally no (56k),

But I'd be happy to buy direct via PayPal or something similar.

Cheers,

CH

BIS is looking for a publisher for ARAS right?

so why not take a leaf out of HL2's book and sell it online. so i pay BIS the money and then DL it. do the whole activation thing like HL2 as well.

that was very painless IMO and worked a treat. also would allow BIS to make MUCH more money in the process. which can be used to grow their business.

smile_o.gif

If aras or any other game is going to need an online activation like HL2 than i'm not going to buy it. If i pay 40€ for a game at least i want to be able to play it wherever i want without limitations of any kind, and not only where i have an internet connection.

Digital delivery is ok but i prefer a DVD box