Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod EC-135 released

We're glad about being able to announce our very latest OFP release, the Eurocopter EC-135 SHS.

release06_100kb.jpg

It resembles a model used by the German Bundeswehr for flight training of helicopter pilots, hence the Schulungshubschrauber (SHS) designation.

Though unarmed, it's easy to handle and has quite a nice flight model.

While Hawkeye created the model and Snorri made up the textures, Helifreak was responsible for importing it for Operation Flashpoint.

Actually, it was intended to be released together with the last updates but unfortunately wasn't ready until today, pilots probably not being ready for their first solo flight ;)

Detailled Description:

Quote[/b] ]As a replacement for the ageing Alouette II helicopters used for

basic training, the German Army Aviation formulated a requirement

in the late 90s for a suitable successor model. It was outlined that

the new helicopter should make use of fly-by-wire (FBW) controls to

allow crew training for future rotorcraft such as the Tiger and NH90

helicopters both featuring FBS controls.

The choice fell on the EC135, which already was in service with German

police helicopter squadrons and air rescue services. Although based

on the civilian EC135 rather than the military variant EC635

Eurocopter is offering as well, the SHS features distintive differences

due to the specific requirements of military flight training.

These changes include a higher landing gear for touch-and-go maneuvers

on mountain flanks, extended communication equipment and a NVG compatible

cockpit.

One year late, the first of 15 EC135 SHS was delivered in September 2000.

They are being used exclusively for crew training at the Army Aviation

School (Heeresfliegerwaffenschule) in Bückeburg.

Download:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted....1.0.rar

BWMod Basic Pack required!

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted....1.3.rar

Yeah really impressive...

Sadly BWMOD is desperate in search for animators and weapon modellers/texturers.

And of course mission makers.

Greets Chris

here's a pic of the chopper in action, made by our betatester Lee H. Oswald.

Picture

I have absolutly NO idea of how he got this one done, but it just looks impressive, so i thought - why not post it here smile_o.gif

ah.. now I know how he has done it..

just press for example "d" and "arrow right" while flying forward and the EC will roll around smile_o.gif

Hey great job, I really do like the quality of the BWMOD units. Lotsa effort = very very nice work.

I really should try and make a small mission using these units.

(I just have a crappy rig right now for mission making/playing though... only addon making.)

Downloading now.

Are all the old BWMod vehicles (not soldiers) alright to download or do I need to tweak configs to get them to work? I' downloading the old BWMod 1.3 demo and I'd really like to have those vehicles in my mission (BW vs CSLA in 1989).

Thanks. smile_o.gif

I can sum up this addon in two words.

Kick-ass.

Or is that one word? Screw it. This is one sweet bird. I do like that tank-killing BO-105 as well, smoked a Tank Battalion HQ element with a pair of those. Fantastic work.

yep, fantastic work! smile_o.gif

i love it even though it has no weapons biggrin_o.gif

ec135.jpg

Nice chopper, handles well. Must say that BW has great configs for its helicopters.

The only downside is that it requires the Basic pack. A standalone addon would be nice.

Downloading now.

Are all the old BWMod vehicles (not soldiers) alright to download or do I need to tweak configs to get them to work? I' downloading the old BWMod 1.3 demo and I'd really like to have those vehicles in my mission (BW vs CSLA in 1989).

Thanks. smile_o.gif

Vehicles should be compatible with our current releases, if not just pm me and I'll have a look at what I can do for you.

TeRp

Hooray! Great chopper here smile_o.gif

Are you considering doing the armed EC-635 version?

The German Army does not have any EC-635 in service wink_o.gif

Hey guys, love the addons, but Im get a BS studios logo on both the choppers. How do i get rid of it?

The problem with the (BIS) logo is not related to this addon.

In OFP, those are used when a player uses a clanlogo.

It will apear only in multiplayer and when the player uses a squad.xml.

The problem is most likely caused by another addon which is not made properly.

Perfect timing with this release - both our EC135T1s are stuck on the ground at the moment, 3 out of 4 engines seriously FOD-damaged by dust/sand despite the filtration.  Grounded in real life, I come home to find your little beauty waiting to be tried out!  Just had a fly around the simultaneously-downloaded Homeland Island (must have a word with him about runway/airfield layouts...) - handles very nicely within OpFP constraints.  Good sound, too.  I particularly admire the way you've captured the overall shape with its complex curves.

Comparing it with our aircraft and others, 2 minor observations:

-  Does the SHS have 2 wipers?  I've only ever seen one.

-  Is the Instrument Panel/ Coaming in the SHS really that small and low?  All the ones I've seen/flown have a much higher/wider arrangement that takes up much more space in front of the pilot(s).

I also have a "BS" logo on the side of the one I downloaded - is this a 'feature'? Ah, posts crossed - I've just seen your reply to Steele. Wonder which addons cause that, then - I've never MP'd in my life.

- Does the SHS have 2 wipers? I've only ever seen one.

wow_o.gif

An expert!

This is great, good job on the EC-135.

I realy love BWMod Addons they are top work. wink_o.gif

We used to have a definition of an "expert" where I worked:

"Ex" = a 'has been'

"Spurt" = a drip under pressure

- sums me up pretty well; I suppose the question was more-than-slightly anal-retentive. I'll get me coat...

I think ThudBlunder is right concerning the instrument panel, you can see it clearly in this pic:

ec135_instrumente1.jpg

The sticks are way below the upper end of the panel while they end approx at the same level in the BWmod version.

It'll be easy to fix this.

Btw, great work, I was waiting for this bird for a long time. Maybe I'll create a retextured Polizei-version (we like to play hijacker missions on LAN biggrin_o.gif) if you authorize it. smile_o.gif

no expert talk from me but i got an idea for a little mission.

does anyone of you german guys remember the bundeswehr freeware heli game?

there was a mission with the objective to keep your helo steady hovering above a circle of about 20 meters.

the game had wind effects making it more difficult, but using a joystick in ofp would compensate for that.

a point system that evaluates your flying skills would be cool too smile_o.gif

the game had other re-buildable missions like search&rescue, the NH-90 with its winch woul´d be perfect..

why the heck cant i be more talented in mission making crazy_o.gif

btw: just spent an hour crashing this beauty while trying to do a sideloop tounge_o.gif

I never played it, but I think found it here. Seems to run a bit slow in my opinion (hardware requirements may be to high). biggrin_o.gif

Typical ad game.

Nevertheless, nice idea.

The problem is most likely caused by another addon which is not made properly.

Philcommando's ship addons seem to cause this problem. I found this out when the BIS squad logo started appearing on your Fennek (though it also affected WPS Mini-Mod's UAZ and NXSHADOW's AH-1), by a process of removing addons I found out it was his Sovremny class destroyer that caused it, but the problem re-occured when I installed his USN Tarawa, so the problem's not confined to just 1 of his addons.

My advise to you Steele would be to remove the ships when you're using BW mod addons.

Edit: forgot to congratulate your great work again biggrin_o.gif. The EC-135 is a particular favourite of mine since our local police force and air ambulance both operate them, and I get the pleasure of seeing them fly about most days (though the police one often causes me annoyance by shining a spotlight through my windows). You've done an excellent job bringing it to OFP.

I particularly admire the way you've captured the overall shape with its complex curves.

Hehe, this is a must-be! Took me after all nearly 3 years to get it that far! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-  Does the SHS have 2 wipers?  I've only ever seen one.

Yup. You're right. I just took a look at my 1:32 modell right next to me and - shame on me - it has definitely only ONE wiper!!! YEEKS crazy_o.gif Will fix that when I've time again

Quote[/b] ]Is the Instrument Panel/ Coaming in the SHS really that small and low?  All the ones I've seen/flown have a much higher/wider arrangement that takes up much more space in front of the pilot(s).

Hm. Hard to say... Fact: I've seen dozens of different cockpit layouts for this type, none of it like the other. But it could quite well be, I've just checked it out on the model. Seems really to be a bit far low. But all in all the proportions should be right.

Thanks for the cutup! smile_o.gif