Sign in to follow this  
ebns72

two operation flashpoint 2s?

How do you guys know that BIS didn't dumb codies, and the other way around? We want to know who dumped who.

We want to truth, but BIS thinks we cant handle the truth.

Quote[/b] ]We want to know who dumped who.

We want to truth, but BIS thinks we cant handle the truth.

I guess we have no right to demand anything from BIS. Buying a game doesn´t take you into the CO chair...

Whatever the things are, there will be some OFP 2 from BIS . That´s what counts for me. I don´t care for all that things that are BIS and CM matter only. It´s their business, not ours. smile_o.gif

I just want to know how Enemy in Sight figures into this. Atari is publisher. Atari is a major publisher. Just get out some of the big names they publisher here

http://www.atari.com/us/platform/pc?showall=1

That's just for PC. I seriously doubt Coddies is going to buy the game.

As for CM making a OFP2 without BIS. I just have to point to Coddies own marketing to show why I won't buy it. They don't support games. They simply make a new game every year and that's your Patch. If you've played CM Rally you'll see exactly what I mean. We could make a patch and fix the game problems but we'll just make you pay for it. BIS has shown they support their product. This is something CM can't say. I'm sticking with BIS myself unless CM drastically changes it's tactics

there will only be one game for me, and it will be made by BIS wink_o.gif

That's exactly how I feel.

If someone would have told two weeks ago I'd make a post that I wasn't going to buy OFP2 I'd laugh at them, but now I feel like I'll never buy the Codemasters OFP2, I'll buy the BIS version, no matter what it's named smile_o.gif

That's my point Apollo, where as IS are perhaps one of the top developers in the PC Industry (H&D, Mafia, etc) Atari certaintly are not huge developers, I'd atleast think of CM as bigger developers. Well, I guess time will tell.

I don't believe that's the case. AFAIK Atari Inc. (Infogrames Entertainment SA) is much bigger publisher than CM at the moment. But as CM they're struggling and can go under quite soon.No way in hell would they give title like EiS to CM that close to the release date, especially considering that EiS might be their last chance to make some profit.

I'm goin with the BIS version. Noone else can do flashpoint. Nuff said.

Appareantly everyone can do Flashpoint, I just don't think everyone can do BIS. It's just like the movies, where producers are starting to become almost equally important as the directors or cast. 'From the producers of the 1 point 5 million copies sold OFP1, comes the highly anticipated secual: "OFP2: The rape of BIS" ....'

Operation Flashpoint's succes is a result of the openness of the gameplay, editor, addons and a dialouge between developers and community that has almost extended the games durability to immortality. Sure I'll give CM some credit for being a part of the distribution, but I'd rather give my money to the creative minds, than the bankers.

I'm going to buy AA, because it's a sequal to my beloved OFP and I'd like to reward BIS for giving me a gift that keeps on giving. It's no shame admitting I also play other games, so I'm going to rationalize the money and time on military-sim kind of games. There can be do doubt in anybodies right mind that the BIS game, will be the one to prioritize and most importantly the ones that last. If you got any serious doubts, just compair BIS' forums vs. CM's.

I just don't hope AA will be just another twelve step program.

I just want to know how Enemy in Sight figures into this. Atari is publisher. Atari is a major publisher. Just get out some of the big names they publisher here

http://www.atari.com/us/platform/pc?showall=1

On the conterary, for every successful title there is 10 duds.

Yeah but that's true about almost every publisher. Even UBI which I buy a lot of games off of has some absolute failures wink_o.gif Fact is I doubt Atari will let go of Enemy In Sights. Espeically if they publisher a lot of crap. This could be there one shot to make something good this year so you bet they will hold onto it smile_o.gif

As a hardcore OFP-fan I will not support Codema$ters release if they make one with the name Flashpoint, using another developer.

I will probably stop buying Codema$ters games all together!

And I call you brothers and sisters to do the same!

"WE SHALL OVERCOOOOME!!! LALALALAA!!"

So CM plans to release their OFP 2 six months before BIS comes out with their sequel.

Plenty of time BEFORE and afterwards for BIS guys to actually hit the press and the internet to tell people what's going on ... so by the time CM releases their game, everyone who hasn't been sleeping under a rock should know about the situation wink_o.gif

Then again over here in german pc mags I see interviews been done with devs of lower profile games than OFP was ... yet all that BIS have done is stay low profile for years. Guys, that needs to change.

In the world today, ppl need to be hyped up. That helps with sales and nothing else.

I realize the Flashpoint community is still quite big, but on the other hand, with proper marketing etc, it could be bigger even now 4 years into retail.

I mean ... the May editions of our pc mags are out, and NO print mag has ANYTHING about BIS, OFP2, Game 2, or even Armed Assault. You gotta be kidding me!

About the two Flashpoints ... well... I am 100 % on buying the BIS game ... but also 100 % to check out CM's.

maybe BIS knew CM was going to be takin over by Ubi and pulled out.

Also, did BIA publish VBS1 on there own rock.gif

Maybe CM strikes a deal with atari and illusion softworks to publish enemy in sight? wink_o.gif

Two ofp2s is not good at all it causes a split depending on which game is better i know which one that will be smile_o.gif. Its gonna make it very confusing wish the two companys could just pull together and make one good one. Insted of all this confusion nvm **** happens.

Guest Ti0n3r
As a hardcore OFP-fan I will not support Codema$ters release if they make one with the name Flashpoint, using another developer.

Im with you.

Im with you.

make that 3 mad_o.gif

Im with BIS! wink_o.gif

Man, is my fanboy allergy flaring up. crazy_o.gif

More competition the better, if Codemasters is going to make a non-BIS operation flashpoint, let them. Probably wont be good but we are not forced to get it either.