Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Revenge of the Sith -no thread yet?

Contains some spoilers, but nothing too bad

I just saw Revenge of the Sith last night, I gotta say I'm so happy that it lived up to episodes 4 5 and 6.  The final movie, supposively the final movie, could possible by my favorite out of the bunch.

The intro to the movie was great, we have a thunderous drum that fits perfectly to the Star Destroyer looking ship.  And then we see Anakin and Obi Wan flying towards a main ship where Senator Palpatine is being kept captive.

Infact we see a quick lightsaber duel between Count Dooku Anakin and Obi Wan. (you would expect a lightsaber battle to begin towards the end of the movie) but nope, there is lightsabers EVERYWHERE in this movie.  Thank god.

But I was still dissapointed by a few things.

1) We didnt see enough of Darth Vader.  I would have loved the movie to be LONGER, with Darth Vader walking around doing stuff.  We just don't see enough of him!

2) Han Solo! Where is he? At least we get to see Chewy, but we don't see enough.

3) Padme's death was dissapointing.  In Episode 6, when Luke and Leia are talking in the Ewok village about Liea's mother before she died.  She only saw her when she was first born, and died immediately after.

If I were George Lucas, I would have changed everything around a little.

I would want the Emperor to kill Padme infront of Anakin, while Anakin watches on.  And padme to beg Anakin to help her, but he just watches on.

This way, in Return of the Jedi, when Luke is being killed by the Emperor and Darth Vader watches, it would just make it more dramatic, and make clear, the reason why Darth Vader throws the Emperor off chamber cliff.

Other than that, this movie is just great.

Why didnt u put in bold *contains some spoilers* lol biggrin_o.gif

I dont know... crazy_o.gif I see Videogame threads all the time, I don't see why not movies sad_o.gif

Perhaps there was no topic because it's too offtopic for OT?  rock.gif

Ok, Darth Fubarius....

Quote[/b] ]2) Han Solo! Where is he? At least we get to see Chewy, but we don't see enough.

Han Solo would be a kid at that time.

Quote[/b] ]This way, in Return of the Jedi, when Luke is being killed by the Emperor and Darth Vader watches, it would just make it more dramatic, and make clear, the reason why Darth Vader throws the Emperor off chamber cliff.

The Mace Windu/Palpatine fight minics that whole Return of the Jedi scene in which Vader has to make a choice. Mace takes the role of the Emperor in which he has defeated Palpatine and is going to finish him off just like Palpatine was going to do to Luke. While Palpatine takes the role of Luke begging Vader to help well he is being fried like a chicken just like Luke. Both Palpatine and Luke use family to sway Vader to help them.

Quote[/b] ]2) Han Solo! Where is he? At least we get to see Chewy, but we don't see enough.

Han Solo rescues Chewbacca when chewy was a slave for the Empire. That took place between 3 and 4.

It has to fit in within the time frame.

Ahh yes! you are correct! Now that I think of it, I remember Skywalker before leaving said "Then my father is truly dead"

And then when Luke is being killed by the Emperor, he yells " FATHER! HELP PLEASE!!"

Thanks for pointing that out ;)

Yup, maybe we'll see that in the upcoming cartoons they're going to make  smile_o.gif

I loved this film, I'd say it's up there with the Empire strikes back.

EDIT: Lucas forgot about Qui Gon Jinn, he isn't in the force at the end of Episode VI tounge_o.gif Unless its remastered in on the DVDs, I only have the remastered vids rock.gif

I liked EPIII. I thought it was much better than I and II. I have a few personal nitpicks, but nothing major...

1. Anakin turned too quickly to the darkside. They coulda prolonged the scene where he is infront of palpatine being talked into joining. It just seemed quick.

2. the "NOOOOOOOO!!!" At the end coulda been done better. Would have been more vader-like if he just sat in silence in terrible sadness or dropped to his knees or something.

Other than that, I really was entertained by the film...my favorite starwars IMO, though technically by law I'm not supposed to say anything is better than the originals smile_o.gif

Yup, maybe we'll see that in the upcoming cartoons they're going to make  smile_o.gif

As long as Lucas himself has a large roll in the cartoons I'll be happy smile_o.gif

I loved the Clone War Cartoons, those were pretty darn cool

<warning: opinion ahead>

i thought the movie was too fast paced, had too many scenes, and had too little stormtroopers (and they shouldn't have been taking their helmets off). i think lucas sacrificed consistency in order to make what he thought would be a "better" version of the star wars universe, but all he's doing is annoying the people that grew to love the universe he portrayed in the first 3 films (ex: two hands on the lightsaber, no acrobatic fights, stupid faceless stormtroopers, a darth vader that is actually intimidating).

SPOILERS AHEAD

I would want the Emperor to kill Padme infront of Anakin, while Anakin watches on.  And padme to beg Anakin to help her, but he just watches on.

That wouldn't make sense though, as you learn 1/2 the reason Anakin joins the dark side is to save Padame.  He knows she will die during child birth and Palpatine tells him he can show him how to save her from that.  That greatly influenced his decision to join the Dark Side, so it would make no sense if Anakin just watched while Palpatine kills her wink_o.gif.

One main thing I hated was they didn't explain where did the Imperial officers come from. The war was fought by clones but all the sudden, non-clones just showed up and were in control of a Imperial ship.

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: Lucas forgot about Qui Gon Jinn, he isn't in the force at the end of Episode VI    Unless its remastered in on the DVDs, I only have the remastered vids

I don't think Luke knew Qui-Gon. I think there was a scene in ROTS that was cut out that had Qui-Gon talking. Look of it the DVD when it comes out.

Quote[/b] ]but all he's doing is annoying the people that grew to love the universe he portrayed in the first 3 films

I hated the ninja fighting in the the prequels. However, the Mace Windu/Palpatine fight, after Palpatine killed those other jedis, seemed like a good ole' original Star Wars fight.

Quote[/b] ]I hated the ninja fighting in the the prequels. However, the Mace Windu/Palpatine fight, after Palpatine killed those other jedis, seemed like a good ole' original Star Wars fight.

i thought it was weird when palpatine basically disfigured himself by using his lightning against windu's lightsaber. then one of my friends told me he did it on purpose so that anakin would help him and in the process complete his transition to the dark side. then i thought it was weird that palpatine would put himself on the line like that (disfiguring himself) just to get anakin's help. then, after windu dies, anakin randomly bows before palpatine and palpatine randomly puts his hood on as if he knows he's disfigured. the list of things that made me raise an eyebrow while watching this film is just huge.

SPOILERS AHEAD

That wouldn't make sense though, as you learn 1/2 the reason Anakin joins the dark side is to save Padame.  He knows she will die during child birth and Palpatine tells him he can show him how to save her from that.  That greatly influenced his decision to join the Dark Side, so it would make no sense if Anakin just watched while Palpatine kills her wink_o.gif.

But in the movie, Anakin almost kills Padme with the choke hold, remember?

Quote[/b] ]One main thing I hated was they didn't explain where did the Imperial officers come from. The war was fought by clones but all the sudden, non-clones just showed up and were in control of a Imperial ship.

Most of them were already in place TBH.

Bio of Grand Moff Tarkin: Grand Moff Tarkin was the Imperial governor of the Outland Regions, and the mastermind of the Death Star project. A brilliant and ruthless tactician, Tarkin was a loyal adherent to Emperor Palpatine's vision of the New Order. He saw the Death Star as the ultimate weapon to ensure absolute rule over the galaxy. The power of the battle station's prime weapon was enough to deter any rebellion, he reasoned. To demonstrate the Death Star's power, he destroyed the planet of Alderaan.

Some questioned whether Tarkin's methods were merely bids to aggrandize his own status, in defiance of the Emperor's ultimate goal. The truth will never be known, for Tarkin perished aboard his creation. The Rebel Alliance dared to wage war with the Empire, and targeted a weak spot in the battle station. A proton torpedo volley fired by young Luke Skywalker sealed the station's fate. Tarkin was killed in the resulting explosion.

People people people, Jedis have always fought like ninjas! In the original 3 Obi-Wan is an old man so he can no longer do what he used to do, Darth Vader is getting on a bit and he can't do what he used to in his suit. I think yoda would kill himself or make himself seriously ill if he started jumping around like he does when it reaches episode V. That's it, there are no more Jedi.... so knowone can train Luke to learn the old Jedi fighting ways.

I saw this film on Friday and have to say that is was truly awful. The acting was laughable throughout, too much emphasis on the special effects and it was intensely boring in places.

Don't waste your money.

RED

1 thing i never thought I see in movies. Samual L Jackson dieing sad_o.gif NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that It was bloodly awsome and no stubid aliens with big ears talking. You know the one I'm talking of wink_o.gif

Watched it yesterday.

Maybe Im a bit too old to judge kids movies like this but...

The acting was a joke, story could at least be 20 minutes shorter but the special effects were mind blowing.

I really respect the visual effects supervisors and -producers that pull off a show like this.

Its just a shame that they dont hire a director that actually cares about his actors.

Lets hope Steven Spielberg does better with WOTW.

Whats wrong with the actors? And why make the film 20 mins shorter, if it was other way round, you would be complaigning that it didn't tell enough story.

20 extra mins of your time sitting in the cinema didn't hurt did it? Or did you watch it during a time you was busy in which that was your fault.

People people people, Jedis have always fought like ninjas! In the original 3 Obi-Wan is an old man so he can no longer do what he used to do, Darth Vader is getting on a bit and he can't do what he used to in his suit. I think yoda would kill himself or make himself seriously ill if he started jumping around like he does when it reaches episode V. That's it, there are no more Jedi.... so knowone can train Luke to learn the old Jedi fighting ways.

Agree mate, but everyone on here complaigns soooo don't expect any other agreements.

In accordance with our new forum policy, no non-war movie threads will be allowed here. Sorry guys, but gotta shut this one down. SpecOp9, it may beehoove you to ask a mod in the future about starting a movie thread, as most of the movie threads seem to be started by you. wink_o.gif