-Island have now been split up hoping it will lower system requirements

Download: OFPR Update Homeland 1.3 BETA

Download Homeland 1.2 Full BETA here:

OFPR Homeland 1.2 BETA

Mirror1

Mirror2

Homeland has 4 different setting;

-Lush Island;

Here there are the most custom object on I've created all of them still need to be tweaked. It has some industrial area, power plants and the Airport at the far south/east section.

It has many towns, mountains and landmarks.

-Desert Island;

Connected to the lush and Jungle island by a very large bridge. It has only 3 cities which 2 of them are poor areas. It also has 2 Army Camps (Camp Furia & Camp Tracker but ofcourse I've left them blank so you can name them in the mission editor.). It has also a oil refinery.

-Jungle Island;

The only island that has very very little houses most if it is just trees, grass and bushes. Some temples can be seen deep inside the Island. But still all village can be reached by road. It has 1 large mountain.

-Winter Island;

Winter Island with many open areas and towns. Many trees and large pine forest can be seen here.

Size of entire map is 512x512 (or 25x25km) and the island group will have a Desert/Jungle at the south, a Winter Island with many mountains at the North and a temperate island near the middle.

It will have some custom made objects such as: Rocks, bushes and some trees.

The ground textures will be 1024x1024. It will also have re-worked nogova textures and completely new textures for Desert and Winter.

Homeland will use a lot of high quality addons including, AEF railway, BAS Tonal buildings, SEB Ilo, nearly all Mapfact objects, Finnish House pack and Kegetys Nogojev Winter.

Credits Random Order:

The Idea:

Furia [sWAF] - For the idea to create a 'Virtual Home' for our Squad.

EMAN [Retired SWAF] - For giving me ideas about MOUT and obstacles and how the Island should look.

Nightmare [Retired SWAF] - For also giving ideas.

Helping to complete project:

Wilco - For Superb Hi-res textures.

Snake Man - WRPTool V1.00 RC1

Kegetys - TGA2ASE

Feersum - PAATool

BETA Testing Team:

The_Shadow

EMAN [Retired SWAF]

Silent N Deadly

Commando

Addons:

BAS

Agent Smith

Ares

Mapfact

Kegetys

Thone2000

Ebud

Fighter

Other:

Wishdokta [sWAF]

Vagabond [sWAF]

Jay [sWAF]

MattR [sWAF]

Ex-RoNiN [sWAF]

All those who have replied in SWAF/BIS forums.

Without all of you this project never would be released!

Required Addon list:

I was able to load the Island on 256mb ram so you should be fine with 512mb ram (^^ I hope)

My Island pbo's (Included):

Brg_I1.pbo Texture and object pack -BETA

Brg_wI1.pbo Island files - BETA

Brg_n.pbo Nature pack - BETA

Other great addons:

AEF_train.pbo (11mb)

AGS_build.pbo (7mb)

AGS_port.pbo (3mb)

AGS_inds.pbo (18mb)

Baracken.pbo (2mb) New Version 1.5!

BAS_O.pbo (70mb) Please patch before using

F3WX_O1.pbo (16.1mb)

kegnoecain_snow.pbo (58mb)

MAP_Heaps.pbo (0.5mb)

MAP_MilObj-Pack.pbo (4.5mb)

MAP_Shed.pbo (0.4mb)

Dak Seang Island (45mb)

Ares Finnish Building Pack (HAUS.pbo (?mb)

Remember this is a BETA, things still can/will be changed. smile_o.gif

Fixes/features/things planned for next release (BETA 1.3)

-Seb Ilo & Dak Seang removed from required addon list.

-Mission pack #1 (Single player mission)

Addons for Homeland still to come;

-A special Training Island

Suggestions and questions (fanmail biggrin_o.gif) welcome.

The island looks really great but is it remotely possible for the list of required addons to be cut down? My hard drive will thank you immensely if you could!!

Glad I could help out with those textures, they look great on this island smile_o.gif

woah, so you're saying the the island and these 3 files (Brg_I1.pbo, Brg_wI1.pbo,Brg_n.pbo) are 119 MB? i think thats what you're saying anyways..... thats kinda big for 4 files. Anyhoo......

File Mirror courtesy OFPFiles.com smile_o.gif

Enjoy! xmas_o.gif

W00T!!!!! DOWNLOADING!!!!!

Unforunately I wiped my addon mod folder just this week, so i have lots of downloading to do.

ok, its late so I haven't had much time to play this island. Farted around for 5 mins, initial impression are GREAT but I am getting tons of error messeges. The military obstacles and hqs dont work in the editor. I am wondering if i am missing a pbo or something. I'll give more feedback tommorrow...the foliage looks great too, just wish it was a bit more dense in some of the lush areas.

So many dependencies.?? crazy_o.gif

Ive got most of them but not AEF Train or Dak Island. If in future theres anyway to incorprate some of those extra addons it be worth the download im sure.

It's such a shame ofp doesn't run on Pocket PC, that I'm stuck with for the next 4 months... I want to try this out... it looked so promising. smile_o.gif

looks nice BergHoff, ive been seeing the pics of this on ofp.info for a while and been looking forward to it smile_o.gif

any missions in the works??

Yea I'm working on a mission pack now. smile_o.gif

wow looks awsome but i got to dl all thoes addons crazy_o.gif so i just cant dl one the main one. iv got to dl train pack dak island ect........ crazy_o.gif wow one by one by one wow crazy_o.gif

this looks very nice indeed, and i have been following the progress of this island in your addon discussion thread, but to be honest it will be very hard to have any missions made for this island, frankly because of the "out-off-this-world" addon-dependencies

from the mission maker side its allways hard to pick the neccessary addons for a mission, so that the user will still try it out, since too many addons keep a mission from being played (players are afraid / too lazy / dont like too many addons)

and with this island the player would need all those big addons loaded to the computer, for even only the island to start, that doesnt leave any headroom for the missionmakers

dont get me wrong though, i really appreciate the hard work you invested into the island, my question is only (for the sake of the mission makers, and the missions that will be made for this island) to cut the needed addons down a littlebit, maybe even include textures/models (if you get the permissin of course), specially those BIG addons smile_o.gif

I can understand the concern over the addon requirements for this great island, but IMO it is just a step Berghoff has made to make a unique island and not just a another island with the default objects put is different places. Face it, OFP-R is old game and these are just good steps to breathe a bit of life back in the game until the next OFP or whatever the hell they are going to call it, comes out. The contrast of this island is what makes it worth the extra download necessary to play it.

AWESOME! wow_o.gif

I'm gonna download as soon as I get home. But one thing bothers me; Why in hell did you release it on MONDAY crazy_o.gif I must admit; this makes it the best monday of the month, but it also means I have to wait untill friday before I can have some serious firefights on this island. That's sad sad_o.gif

But hey, great release. Now I don't have to choose an island on climate anymore; I just pick this one. When I can't defeat the enemy on the desert, I just lure em into the jungle and finish them off ther smile_o.gif

dont get me wrong though, i really appreciate the hard work you invested into the island, my question is only (for the sake of the mission makers, and the missions that will be made for this island) to cut the needed addons down a littlebit, maybe even include textures/models (if you get the permissin of course), specially those BIG addons smile_o.gif

This is the first public BETA so I'll try to figure something out. Ares FBP nearly got all the required Winter objects I need but still some variations of bushes and trees and a little road is missiing. If you ever makes another great update I hopefully can cut down Winter Nogojev from the Required list. As for the AGS and Mapfact, they are almost used on every single Island so there is no need modify those. smile_o.gif

I can also cut down Seb Ilo and Dak Seang from the Island list as they don't require premission to modify them. So I also perhaps can update the objects of Dak Seang then.

As for BAS_O, it shall remain in the required addon list or else I have to replace all houses. I've tried to make my own arabic houses (They are located on 2 different spots) but I don't think their nice enough.

:edit typos...

that is very good news smile_o.gif

cutting it down by two of the three large addons is more than i hopped for, would be great if you get the permission from the addon makers, i dont mind the ags and mapfact addons, those are very well made and should be used

another suggestion i made in your making of the island thread, is the possibility of seperate island releases based on the four themes, would be good for multiplaying also, since not so many objects would have to be loaded and not as much landmass controlled by the cpu, the saved resources would leave alot of space/possibilities for mission makers, just a suggestion though, any work of yours is very appreciated, the islands (all 4) look very good wink_o.gif

Hmm

strange. I never got that error. Seems you ran out of RAM or something. Have you loaded many addons? (=) My Island can be run on 256mb without errors :P. You should have 512mb RAM.)

ok nice looking map awsome but i was just thinking on a map like this what do u mostly have on here in units and stuff, like befor it gets vary laggy. sorry to get a little off topic but does the amount of addons for the map effect the lag issue for the map as in how many units is to be played on the map at one time rock.gif and offtin how many units and ect.. do u people put on an island this big befor getting vary laggy rock.gif