Sign in to follow this  
Darkangel_SK

What about a demo??

Im not that optimistic, March/April would be more likely to me, maybe February if were real lucky, with OPF:E coming in November i dont think they would want to make both games "compete" wink_o.gif . Now they focus on OPF:E, after that they will focus on ARMA to ensure both games do has good has they possibly can. Its seems very obvious why BIS is so quiet about arma atm smile_o.gif .

AFAIK, the term "April 2006" was only mentioned in another forum thread by forum member Heatseeker as personal opinion on the feasibility of a release, I couldn't find any official confirmation for it, so please don't start spreading this as given fact, OK?

I realy don`t need a demo. All i want is Armed Assault, and not a demo of it. inlove.gif

My mistake. I don't follow this forum section as well as I should. There's so much going on with regular OFP smile_o.gif.

marcus

AFAIK, the term "April 2006" was only mentioned in another forum thread by forum member Heatseeker as personal opinion on the feasibility of a release, I couldn't find any official confirmation for it, so please don't start spreading this as given fact, OK?

Yep, speculating only, but then there is also the publisher thing and the fact they would need to hype and advertise the game way before release, thats why i think its very unlikely for the game to come out this year, a early demo would make for a nice xmas gift imo wink_o.gif .

checking those screens i think its gonna be ready soon. A Demo would cost us some days to the release but on the other hand more players would be around.

Quote[/b] ]I thought Armed Assault was supposed to be some sort of demonstration of the engine improvements for OFP2.

Armed Assault will have tuned OFP1 engine, while OFP 2 will have new OFP2 engine and not tuned OFP1 engine  wink_o.gif

I am sure that OFP2 will use the poseidon engine too. I guess the AA engine will be something between the OFP and OFP2 versions of the poseidon engine. They wont make a completely new engine for OFP2.

It was my understanding that mid-game joining was completely impossible to patch into the OFP1 engine. Armed Assault will have mid-game joining. This leads me that they rebuilt an already proven engine from the ground up for Armed Assault.

Didn't they say that ArmA benefits from the optimization carried out for X-Box? They didn't have to rebuild the engine for X-Box?

Quote[/b] ]It was my understanding that mid-game joining was completely impossible to patch into the OFP1 engine. Armed Assault will have mid-game joining. This leads me that they rebuilt an already proven engine from the ground up for Armed Assault.

I guess it rather was impossible because it would have taken too much time which is rather spent on a new game.

Operation Flashpoint had a demo, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance had a demo, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that ArmA may have a demo, but it's not as simple as saying "yes it will" or "no it won't", time and circumstance are only two factors which contribute to such a thing happening (or not) smile_o.gif

Sounds to me BIS doesnt know what they want and/or dont have a schedule of how they want to spread out the game, as simpel as that.

Before u make a game u should know what u want and if u dont even know if theres going to be a demo then it just seems unprofessional to me.

ofp was a great game tho and i trusted in the work of bis but moving the release date of a game from quarter to quarter year by year is breaking the trust of custumers. i may understand that the bis team is probably a reletive young team which is as a result of that obviously a bit unsure how they want to go on but it doesnt change the facts and the appearance of that what we players get presented.

But at the same time the reason is probably the non-interest of a publisher for that great game which has to promote/advertise this complexe and pretty unusal computer game.

just my thoughts.

Operation Flashpoint had a demo, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance had a demo, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that ArmA may have a demo, but it's not as simple as saying "yes it will" or "no it won't", time and circumstance are only two factors which contribute to such a thing happening (or not) smile_o.gif

Sounds to me BIS doesnt know what they want and/or dont have a schedule of how they want to spread out the game, as simpel as that.

Before u make a game u should know what u want and if u dont even know if theres going to be a demo then it just seems unprofessional to me.

ofp was a great game tho and i trusted in the work of bis but moving the release date of a game from quarter to quarter year by year is breaking the trust of custumers. i may understand that the bis team is probably a reletive young team which is as a result of that obviously a bit unsure how they want to go on but it doesnt change the facts and the appearance of that what we players get presented.

But at the same time the reason is probably the non-interest of a publisher for that great game which has to promote/advertise this complexe and pretty unusal computer game.

just my thoughts.

I don't think its the lack of interest from publishers that is the case... more the opposit... After OFP sold moe than 1 mio copies, I don't think any publisher would have anything against doing this job. (Except for codies i guess).

Anyway, I really hope that the Q4 2005 holds water... And i am sure if they were sure it wouldn't, they would tell us (*hint*)

Anyway, a demo would most certainly add alot of costumers, and is a demand if the game should become a succes. Just remember how many people (including me) bought ofp because of the demo!

Agreed, the first demo was a weird but at the same time amazing experince.

If it comes out this year then I guess in december, if not then that will happen what happened last time - most likely. The weird thing about BIS is they dont want to say anything and thats why I think they are not gonna keep their "promise" (i call it promise) with the digit >5< in the release date.

i remeber how i played the first demo with the ambush .... it was just so cool with 366mhz celeron ^^... and i buyed the game as soon as possible. so plz release a demo

I demo would be nice to punk about in and check out some of the new improvements.. can't wait to see those waves!

*First person to make me a working 6'2" surfboard wins a prize!

3 fins and flames on the nose please. rofl.gif

You know what i wait for ...

for game which will allow demo users to play against full version users ...

yes sure limited to "default" demo units and "default" demo maps etc.

but imagine the player count from demo players will be directly added to "full" version player pool and made sure game will not die anytime soon ...

of course demo will be needed to update to match full version but because it's free it will be used by many and working as wise advertising ... (great game and it's free now imagine if i have full copy ... must get it smile_o.gif)

ok ... i hope ... for smile_o.gif

There is a higher chance that more people will get to know about ofp if Bis releases a demo , send the demo to file planet , IGN , happypuppy? and every big ofp news / downloads site there is biggrin_o.gif thats the only way i think they can really make their voice heard tounge2.gif

I remember when i read about the previews about ofp in gaming magazine pcgamer and saw the cool screensshots and thought wow , this looks cool. Then later during the spring i got a new number of the magazine and the demo that really convinced me to buy ofp. The whole scale of detail and complex but still action and immense world of ofp really sucked me in inlove.gif

I just hope bis makes a demo , we the old schoolers probably know we will like it , we get some new stuff, more enhancements and stuff that will make us smile and go out to explore the new island and the new ofp engine improvements.

New players will spread the word about ofp and will help bis sell more games so they can live nice and all that thumbs-up.gif

if bis got the funds , advertise about it too wink_o.gif

it could help sales too ! I thought it was Q4 already tounge2.gif I hold my thumbs so that the game will be released before or by christmas anyways.

i remeber how i played the first demo with the ambush .... it was just so cool with 366mhz celeron ^^... and i buyed the game as soon as possible. so plz release a demo

And I am still waiting for official Ambush Part 2 mission.......