Sign in to follow this  
Darkangel_SK

What about a demo??

Hi,

I want to know, if BI planed a Demo in next time. The pics are very good and the game should be out in Q4 this year.

Will there be a Demo before?

What are about the old addons and mods? Are they compatible with AA??

I dont know if a demo will be capable of showing much of the improvements made to the engine, but they did release a demo for resistance (wich was only a expantion) so they might do it, maybe featuring a small part of the new island and campaign smile_o.gif .

I dont know if a demo will be capable of showing much of the improvements made to the engine, but they did release a demo for resistance (wich was only a expantion) so they might do it, maybe featuring a small part of the new island and campaign smile_o.gif .

nah they should just release a single mission with the demo. I hate it when I've played the demo of a game a thousand times then I almost get bored in the first mission of the actual game cos the first 3 were already in the demo.

Demo should be released - that's my opinion. This is the only way that we can check gameplay before buying full version. smile_o.gif

I dont know if a demo will be capable of showing much of the improvements made to the engine, but they did release a demo for resistance (wich was only a expantion) so they might do it, maybe featuring  a small part of the new island and campaign smile_o.gif .

Whats this i hear a new Island ?

How do you you know there will be a new Island in AA ? rock.gif

OFP has been around for 3 years now, resistance for 1 1/2? Surely it has been realised that all the old players would be bored of Nogova/everon/malden and want something new to play with with new units.

Whats this i hear a new Island ?

How do you you know there will be a new Island in AA ? rock.gif

It was stated in the press release! smile_o.gif

Yep, new 100Km square island and new modern theme campaign, they could release a demo with a sp level in the new map when the time comes smile_o.gif .

I thought Armed Assault was supposed to be some sort of demonstration of the engine improvements for OFP2. So where's the point in the demo's demo? tounge2.gif

And as it's release is scheduled Q4 2005, and we're soon to enter Q3, I'd rather want a tip top game than a rushed demo. Atleast that's my point of view.

Quote[/b] ]I thought Armed Assault was supposed to be some sort of demonstration of the engine improvements for OFP2.

Armed Assault will have tuned OFP1 engine, while OFP 2 will have new OFP2 engine and not tuned OFP1 engine wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I thought Armed Assault was supposed to be some sort of demonstration of the engine improvements for OFP2.

Armed Assault will have tuned OFP1 engine, while OFP 2 will have new OFP2 engine and not tuned OFP1 engine  wink_o.gif

I am sure that OFP2 will use the poseidon engine too. I guess the AA engine will be something between the OFP and OFP2 versions of the poseidon engine. They wont make a completely new engine for OFP2.

This doesn't mean that OFP2 will be just like OFP with the engine limitations, it will be an evolved version. You can compair it with the engine used in Unreal which was released 1998 I think and the engine used in UT2004 which are basicly the same but really evolved.

What I'm wonderin is if VBS stuff will be portable to AA,not really fair that they can use our stuff but we can't use theirs,or atleast thats what I heard,somethin about a file type or...thing..I dunno.

xnodunitx your post has nothing to do with this thread and in fact has no place on any forum here, there are VBS forums for discussing VBS.

Guest The Cobra
What I'm wonderin is if VBS stuff will be portable to AA,not really fair that they can use our stuff but we can't use theirs,or atleast thats what I heard,somethin about a file type or...thing..I dunno.

Sorry for not keeping to the topic, but isn't that beacause OFP can't handle as detailed models as VBS?

pistols.gif                          threadjacked.gif

Well anyways back on topic,

Yes, I also think a demo should be released, with maybe new Everon, and two, three SP missions, or something...

smile_o.gif

I will not say it anymore, stop discussing VBS, these are not VBS forums.

ok but anyone from BIS can tell us is there any demo will be released or no??

Operation Flashpoint had a demo, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance had a demo, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that ArmA may have a demo, but it's not as simple as saying "yes it will" or "no it won't", time and circumstance are only two factors which contribute to such a thing happening (or not) smile_o.gif

Well that's good news. I'd love to see a demo, these screenshots and shakey cam videos just don't do any good. Infact it's a bit dissapointing.

Why hasnt BIS released any official videos yet? I never seem them do much of this at all, but when you look at other games they post videos of it like crazy.

Well that's good news. I'd love to see a demo, these screenshots and shakey cam videos just don't do any good. Infact it's a bit dissapointing.

Why hasnt BIS released any official videos yet? I never seem them do much of this at all, but when you look at other games they post videos of it like crazy.

That's called hype I believe. wink_o.gif

Though I would like a demo too. You don't buy a car without test driving it first, do you?

Operation Flashpoint had a demo, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance had a demo, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that ArmA may have a demo, but it's not as simple as saying "yes it will" or "no it won't", time and circumstance are only two factors which contribute to such a thing happening (or not) smile_o.gif

Personally placebo, would you guess a demo would be out prior the AA release (Q4 2005)?

Knowing our luck, we'll get a demo two days before release a la "Total Overdose" and by the time its downloaded and you've had time to try it, you could have camped outside your local games store and purchased the game on day of release rofl.gif

Well if it's delayed until april next year then a demo while waiting wouldn't be wrong smile_o.gif.

marcus

April? I thought it was Q4 2005?

April 2006 is just too far off. That would also probably push OFP2 back to Q3 2007 crazy_o.gifconfused_o.gif .