Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Does this mean the end of OFP1?

Also, will you be buying AA?

I think there will be a few left over players... but as you imagined, they will likely buy Armed Assault eventually...

Do you think OFP.info, and OFPEC and other awsome fansites will support Armed Assault?  Or will they make completely new webpages for AA?

community goes with the obvious evolution.

Well said, i agree as well.

I doubt i'll be getting AA anytime soon, because my computer isnt exactly to the high spex of the computers nowadays.

But i'll definatly get it, as well as "OFP2"

well i think everyone who still plays ofp and did so for the last few years will definately buy AA. smile_o.gif and that's what i'll do.

im running VBS1 on a 2.8 1GB ram GF4 Ti4200 and AA looks very much like vbs.

Any way, i think that AA will replace OFP1, but many of the OFP1 things will survive in AA tounge_o.gif

I doubt there will be many people moding OFP1 after AA comes out. That means there really will be no point sticking around it.

As all the old stuff is supposed to work with ArA it will be the same situation as with OFP:R - as soon as it's out most people will switch. I hear there are still some people playing OFP 1.46 - but the community as a whole will just move on.

I know people from other forums that don't even have Resistance yet, so I reckon OFP1 will live for quite a while yet smile_o.gif

As all the old stuff is supposed to work with ArA it will be the same situation as with OFP:R - as soon as it's out most people will switch. I hear there are still some people playing OFP 1.46 - but the community as a whole will just move on.

i agree

if its a stand alone product i think the situation would be similar to il2 sturmovik scene where they have il2FB , il2ACES(exp.) and pacific fighters (stand alone) which can be played on its own or installed as part of a merged install to get the benefit all all 5 disks worth of game.

the il2 comunity like ofp having a strong hardcore following, most of the servers online quickly changed to the merged install version and if you only had PF you'd be pretty hard pushed to find a decent game going online.

i think this could be good for BIS as we(OFP'ers) would all get AA and if its stand alone any newcomers to OFP scene will probably at some point see the need to get the back catalogue

Quote[/b] ]I know people from other forums that don't even have Resistance yet, so I reckon OFP1 will live for quite a while yet smile_o.gif

their ovbviously backwards tounge_o.gif

I think nobody will play OPFR anymore, because ARAS will have all OPFR content (xcept RH, it sucked anyway) plus more and new oficial content on a improved, better looking and more optimised engine, backwards compatbility for current addons and MP JIP biggrin_o.gif , also better compatbility with current hardware (sound and graphic problems)..

I think we will get to know each other better in the MP battlefields too.

ARAS = dream come true biggrin_o.gif .

Ofcourse It will be the end of OFP1, I mean who wants OFP1 when he can have Armed Assault? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'll keep the game, revisit it every once in a while for memories.

Good old memories smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'll keep the game, revisit it every once in a while for memories.

Good old memories smile_o.gif

Ditto. smile_o.gif

Plus, I'm wondering, but taking into account the pix that demonstrated OFP1 working under AA engine, I think CWC and OFP:R will somehow be "integrateable" in AA, so probably CWC and OFP:R will never die. biggrin_o.gif

Fuck OFP1 (do it gently though, it's been my pal for many years tounge_o.gif ). Everything can be converted anyhow. So BIS say at least.

Oh... Thats gonna be a real pleasure to kick some american ass in Red Hammer wiht new engine. ghostface.gif

I dont really understand the issue being raised, ofp:aa as its known ;) is just a newer sexier ofp same game new looks and functions, its still ofp, even its it aint named ofp officially.

Same game different disc

Oh... Thats gonna be a real pleasure to kick some american ass in Red Hammer wiht new engine.  ghostface.gif

Dont really count on Red Hammer wink_o.gif .

Oh... Thats gonna be a real pleasure to kick some american ass in Red Hammer wiht new engine.  ghostface.gif

lol

i voted "Who cares about OFP1!! BRING ON ARMED ASSAULT!"

Oh... Thats gonna be a real pleasure to kick some american ass in Red Hammer wiht new engine. ghostface.gif

If AA is compatible with OFP1 missions (which I'm sure it will be) then Red Hammer can easily be played or converted. It probably won't come with AA though, RH is made by Codemasters, so you'll have to own it from before. I know at least the artillery scripts won't work since they don't even work with 1.96 right now. wink_o.gif

edit: Oh yeah, and it's better to forget about OFP. Games like OFP are not fine wines, they do not get better with age.

there will still be a trace of ofp1 in ofp4 unclesam.gif

If AA is compatible with OFP1 missions (which I'm sure it will be) then Red Hammer can easily be played or converted. It probably won't come with AA though, RH is made by Codemasters, so you'll have to own it from before. I know at least the artillery scripts won't work since they don't even work with 1.96 right now. wink_o.gif

edit: Oh yeah, and it's better to forget about OFP. Games like OFP are not fine wines, they do not get better with age.

But RH actually sucked bad, i think BIS should (maybe they will?) make a real soviet campaign of the same quality standard of 1985 and resistance (ok, more like 1985 wink_o.gif ).

I'dd rather play Retaliation campaign any day...

HOLY SHIT!

AA has join in progress

so screw OFP1

dammit