Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

Controls

I just had a recent idea, what if you could switch between different weapons with the keys on the keyboard instead of the action menu style? smile_o.gif

method A:

Having keys like Y , U, J to switch beetween handgun, rifle, AT , AA weapon, satchel charge whatever you get it wink_o.gif

method B:

Having the number key's to switch weapons, 1,2,3,4 like in most other fps games, would make for a faster gameplay maybe or just hazzle when commanding units and trying to switch weapons and having some command menus infront of you tounge_o.gif

thats my two cents smile_o.gif

I dont find being able to instantly switch between weapons all that realistic actually, i prefer the more deliberate way of switching weapons we have already in place, altho i must admit it can get in the way if im doing other stuff

switching schould be fast...

The idea with the number key`s is good.

Anims should do the job Snypa...so It wouldn`t be so fast like in some arcade game, but using the key`s would free some space in the action menu.

edit: By "fast" i meant: we need separate keys for weapon changeing, it`s too slow with the mouse...not ingame switching-gun speed

wink_o.gif

edit2: ppl, please try to understand me, my english isn`t as good as yours...

"It`s not unreal"...omg, It`s not? So what am I doing on this forum...

We`re talking about the keyboard issues, not the in-game switching gun speed... crazy_o.gif

Switching from Rifle to pistol is fast and might change but from a rifle to AT-4 should stay as it is.

Quote[/b] ]switching schould be fast...

This isn't unreal. Thank goodness. I don't ever want it to be either.

You can already switch between pistol and rifle with the Y key in OFP. I think we should just keep it like that. I don't really see the need to have a hotkey for switching to AT.

wwiionline had the most AWESOME key configurator that is in any game..

It allowed you to use PEDDLES also let you configured keys and axis for each CLASS of until.

example:

tanks:

planes:

men:

cars:

I have joystick that has a left collective so that I can fly chopppers with a real collective in the game but OPF1 doesnt allow for Z reverse so i either have to lower the collective to raise the chopper or flip my collective peice of hardware upside down.. (i chose the latter) but anyway...

Please support peddles and ANY key configurations! this will even let my use my peddles for gas and break on the cars while drive.. would be sweet

I agree with Funnyguy1. IRL, you don't waste time going, "Hmmm... now WHERE is that AT4 I had on me somewhere..." You sling the rifle and unsling the AT. The point being, like FG1 said, it's about the efficiency of getting the switch called, the time to switch weapons ingame remains the same.

In this vein, I'd like it if there was a way to code keys to an action slot. So in the heat of battle, I don't have to take my eyes off the screen, wait for the selection to move down the action menu while I'm hunting for the simple command I want in the stack of other actions... Tedious and frustrating in a firefight with any addons present. Gets to be a looong list.