SnypaUK

BIS...perfect Game company?

hmm not perfect but close.

game ideas 100%

engine and map sizes 100%

long term support 100%

release of tools to community to prolong life of game 100%

public relations and info in forums. 71%

so close but no cigar. smile_o.gif i`ll settle for it tho.

Quote[/b] ] public relations and info in forums. 1%

Thats a bit harsh isn't it?

Particularly if there is no news to give.

Id say Placebo does an A1 job on these forums. Why do you think differently deanosbeano ?!?

just feel, theres no info, i first read of the sequal , years ago and that it wud be 2004,(post still exists somehwere).people still think arma is ofp2 and some believe arma is just an engine to play ofp on,some think its a new game alltogether. and i believe this could have been answered without jeopardising any game secrets.all i see is posts deleted or locked or 3 word answers . just my opinion,i havent mentioned the pr man ,just the pr itself.

You felt like digging up an old topic to say that? confused_o.gif

lol sry didnt know it was that old as I saw it at the top, ah well crazy_o.gif

Good to see Codemasters mentioned in every thread. Publicity is publicity. tounge2.gif

You work for CodeMasters, Longjocks?  Well, that explains a lot.

game ideas 100%

engine and map sizes 100%

long term support 100%

release of tools to community to prolong life of game 100%

public relations and info in forums. 1%

lol, biggrin_o.gif i think "public relations and info in forums" -> 49% smile_o.gif

if they posted only 1% info of their games/work, we wouldn't know that they work on ArmedA/OPF:Elite and NNG. wink_o.gif

question: is BIS the only game company that has showed their fans pre alpha pics? ie game2? help.gif

Coming from the GR community and having dealt with those involved with that title for over 4 years now I can say that when it comes to game companies that I think BIS is heads and tails above all the rest. This is not based on any involvement I have had in the OFP community as this is really the beginning's of my presence in this community. More so I am basing my experiences with BIA, as they relate to the VBS1 community, and several conversations I have had with those in what you might call the upper echeleons of that side of Bohemia Interactive. The common thing I keep hearing and even experiencing is how much BIS/BIA and the developers employeed, care about the community as a whole.

I can tell you I have never enjoyed the level of support in the GR community from UBI and RSE (respectfully), that I have with VBS1. I have no doubt that, that level of support will continue when I, and hopefully the rest of our team, moves into the OFP community more whole heartedly.

I have seen some people call for UBI to buy Codemasters and what I can honestly say to those people is you better hope they don't. But more importantly we all had better hope that UBI doesn't get their hands on whatever pc game BIS develops. That would be the kiss of death right there.

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

I can tell you I have never enjoyed the level of support in the GR community from UBI and RSE (respectfully), that I have with VBS1.  I have no doubt that, that level of support will continue when I, and hopefully the rest of our team, moves into the OFP community more whole heartedly.

You should consider that BIS is still a independant company and RSE was overun by UBI, we would be in the same trouble if CM had done the same to BIS problably.

Regarding VBS1 support it doesnt surprise me considering that its comunity is smaller and tighter than usual and the software is very expensive but that is really related to BIA and not BIS..

Still good to see that people from a comunity that despised OPF so much have moved to VBS1 tounge2.gif .

RSE was once a good company too imo smile_o.gif .

@Heatseeker

To be quite honest I never despised OFP. I just never really gave it a chance. Looking back now I wish I would have. You are right though. RSE was a good company once and you are right that UBI did roll them over. Shame really. I think the relationship between BIA and BIS is much closer than some might think. If these forums are any indication of the level of support people recieved from BIS for OFP (man that's a lot of abbreviations) then I would say they are very, very similiar. Which in my opinion is a good thing indeed.

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

I am glad BIS doesnt hype up thier games like most other companies do. Its much more professional IMO.

Well, developers arent usualy the ones to build hype around their products, publishers and media are, anyway i wouldnt mind seeing more hype about BIS future PC games because:

a) I dont have nor plan to buy an xbox.

b) VBS1 is way too expensive.

c) OPFR doesnt run properly anymore.

So perfect or not i would like to know about when will we be able to see or hear more about BIS future PC games because right now i am feeling gameless and dont really know what goods to expect in the near future sad_o.gif .

My feeling is, based on what I've seen to this point is that we should expect great things. But expectations are entirely their own animal. I am hopefull that BIS will be able to give us some information about what to expect.

One of my bigger complaints, there were many trust me, about UBI (again I know they are the publisher not the developer) was the complete lack of information. I know too that BIS will have to be carefull about disclosing too much about their "next-gen" PC game but if half of what I have read and heard about them, not to mention what I have seen from the VBS side, is true I'm sure that where they are able they will keep us informed.

I know many look for screenshots and specific information but again I don't know how likely that might be when you factor in that BIS has to compete and make a profit.

BTW Heatseeker, BIA is running a special on VBS1 right now. Still expensive compared to "games" but considering what you get, IE Core module and a few add-ons, for I believe $200. Check out the website for more details.

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

BTW Heatseeker, BIA is running a special on VBS1 right now.  Still expensive compared to "games" but considering what you get, IE Core module and a few add-ons, for I believe $200.  Check out the website for more details.

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

Thanks, im aware of it but no thanks, i dont think it would be worth it without purchasing most of the other packs wich would rise it to roughly 350€ and climbing, plus currently there are some issues with flashpoint engine that make me feel aprehensive about it.

At the moment i feel its wiser to wait for future news on/and future BIS products (ARAS) smile_o.gif .

After that we will see wink_o.gif ...

BTW Heatseeker, BIA is running a special on VBS1 right now. Still expensive compared to "games" but considering what you get, IE Core module and a few add-ons, for I believe $200. Check out the website for more details.

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

Thanks, im aware of it but no thanks, i dont think it would be worth it without purchasing most of the other packs wich would rise it to roughly 350€ and climbing, plus currently there are some issues with flashpoint engine that make me feel aprehensive about it.

At the moment i feel its wiser to wait for future news on/and future BIS products (ARAS) smile_o.gif .

After that we will see wink_o.gif ...

Cool. wink_o.gif

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

Its nice to see people have the same opinion of BIS as i do. It is the best game i have played so far and i have been playing it since its been out in the UK. The game is everything a person could ever ask for and the potential for this game is still so huge! Big WELL DONE to BIS for their commitment to this game, the community and also future projects. notworthy.gif

P.s Just make sure you guys done get published by some cheesy company like EA nener.gif

I agree with SnypaUK. BIS/BIA are both magnificient companies. Thanks to these companies, especially BIS, I don't bother reading reviews to other games and buying other games hoping they are good along with their community. BIS and it's community has set my standard and not only standard but my base in what I play. BIS has done a stunning job in keeping up with the community through the entire time of OFP exsistence. They have done a great job in keeping www.flashpoint1985.com updated throughout the years. The community is remarkable as well. Dedicated mature players is what makes games even better. The mod community never slowed down and has been committed since the beginning. I thank you all for that, I really do appreciate you all helping BIS/BIA out considerably. I play no other game but BIS/BIA developed games/simulations. I stopped collecting military miniatures and figures because of this game. You view military vehicles, weapons, uniforms in true 3D and you can actually play them as well. Thanks again to the add-on community, I can view technology in digitized medium from the past such as the Revolutionary War and the Civil War and not only that but the technologies of other foreign militaries other then my own. I saw a 12:00 long trailer for this Star Wars Mod which takes everything to a entirely new level of experience. This game is nicely and easily modified for long, long replay value. Their products are so unique and superb that I don't bother with any other game. BIA added much to this splendid outcome of mine with the simulation VBS1. This should better my training as a cadet and ready myself that extra mile as an officer in the National Guard. Thanks to OFP2, ArmA, VBS1, VBS2+add-on, my library will increase making it a supreme franchise. The basis of OFP has combined many, if not, all, of my favorite genres in one software package. Need I say more?

I am glad BIS doesnt hype up thier games like most other companies do. Its much more professional IMO.

Well, if BIS won't hype their game, maybe we should give them a hand.  Tell your friends about ArmA if you haven't already.

I gave elite to a friend as a birthday gift.

Please don't dig up topics and carry on conversations from more than 4 months ago. smile_o.gif