Sign in to follow this  
SnypaUK

BIS...perfect Game company?

OK ive been out of the OFP world for quite a while aside from small stints back into it but after randomly poking in again im stunned by all this news.

Im right in thinking that not only were BIS making a sequel for us that is looking amazing. Just for fans theyre actually making ANOTHER game in the middle just to bridge the gap for us and keep us happy?

I dont think ive ever heard of this being done in gaming history. Im overwhelmed with how great BIS are...You rock! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

(Yes i am kissing ass lol, make me beta tester tounge_o.gif )

Ill have to agree with you Snypa for more reasons than the ones you mentioned smile_o.gif

Just for fans theyre actually making ANOTHER game in the middle just to bridge the gap for us and keep us happy?

And maybe also for the money. biggrin_o.gif

I regard BIS mostly for embracing so many tallented fans into their fold. That makes them unique IMO.

I would have to agree, BIS is my favorite game developer, my favorite used to be novalogic, but their more recent games are laggy and buggy.

What I think seperates BIS from most of the developers im familar with, is that bis accually posts on the forums and plays some of the mods and addons that are released (so im told..)

Keep up the good work BIS blues.gif

I could imagine BIS broke with codemasters because codemasters wants to rush out OFP2!

I support BIS in it´s decission to take their time to develop a OFP2 with real big inovations. There are manny games that are good in one sector (gfx, AI...) but I hope BIS can pull the stunt and make a game that brings it all together!

I happely wait several years for this game to come!

Thanks for shortening the waiting time with AA! xmas_o.gif

Yea. BIS is my fav developer to.. not only because that they make such good games as OFP(2) (AA), but because they actually are on the forums and posting, as 99% of the other dev's are not doing..(at least not much as BIS)

and another thing that i love with BIS than not with others is that BIS actually take CARE of theyr communitie. they lactually listen at us!

look on other games.. example, it takes AGES to make a tiny patch, and they never listen on theyr communitie....

Long Live BIS! wub.gif

I could imagine BIS broke with codemasters because codemasters wants to rush out OFP2!

I support BIS in it´s decission to take their time to develop a OFP2 with real big inovations. There are manny games that are good in one sector (gfx, AI...) but I hope BIS can pull the stunt and make a game that brings it all together!

Yeah, I reckon that would have been the case too. Surprised they did not just make Armed Assault the sequel to keep them happy.

I can picture BIS stubbonly refusing to get pushed around like other developers you read about that EA exploit. That would wrangle the publisher no end (especially if EA has a thumb in the pie).

Yeah, I reckon that would have been the case too.  Surprised they did not just make Armed Assault the sequel to keep them happy.

I can picture BIS stubbonly refusing to get pushed around like other developers you read about that EA exploit.  That would wrangle the publisher no end (especially if EA has a thumb in the pie).

i think they are perfect if they are not lack on money biggrin_o.gif

mostly j/k, have your finger cross my friend blues.gif

BIS...perfect Game company?

needed a question wink_o.gif naturally YES YES and YES

Why:

A sweet story:

I've ever seeked a game like Ofp, long before it was out, but no one game companies was in site to make a game with a big area, very realistic and an easy editor. Rainbow Six wasn' the right, Wargasm was close on it. Then 2001 I've seen ofp @ Giga/games ,must admit I've never heard about ofp before, and I've buyed and since ofp is installed on my HD and run the first time I think at last a game copany has read my cogitations. And since this time is BIS the bist company (minimum for me) and Ofp the best game that I've ever seen.

Sorry for any mistakes

Greetings from germany

You've maintained your class, dignity, and abilities in an ever-changing game environment that has caused so many to sell out. Good work, definitely the perfect game company.

BIS is not perfect in one aspect IMHO

their PR really needs rethinking

hyping a game is bad, but BIS has a talent for hiding their talents.

Given the fact that it must be very easy for BIS to create new missions, over the past few years I would have released new official content once in a while to attract media attention. All other games have "new maps". OK, we had patches galore and one extra WW1 plane, but most ordinary gamers were not aware of them I'm afraid.

did you notice how one of recent the OFP2 review articles (the one with Maruk ingame) mentioned BIS was prone to "hiding its light under a bushel".

I'm not blaming BIS, it just think it must be tough for a small but serious studio to compete with hypes like you know which ones.

I think no hyping a game an when it nears the final than publicity is better than the hype like DNF!!!

Redface, I don't think it's just BIS. It seems to be a common factor of most Czech game makers. Two examples. Vietcong. It's a great game. Hardly any press. Suddenly one week the game's website goes live. Then suddenly without warning the game is released wow_o.gif I checked the site one day then the next day it was already shipping the game.

Hidden & Dangerous 2. Again a Czech developer and practically no news at all about the game. So it seems common to Czech devs.

BIS is also my favorite game developers as well. They have supported OFP so much. It's rare that a company would continue to release patches as long as BIS has

I liked their game and support alot, i also look forward to their future games, unfortunetly nobody is perfect...

Yeah the beauty of Flashpoint is its always there somewhere in the game collection. You get bored and come back, get s few more addons and its all new again for awhile. Therers no other game in my collection that doesnt get the trade in for another feature. Long live BIS and all their future developments. We've all grown together and with a rich forum like it is you can guarantee the gamers are put first.

We all seem somehow to agree that Codemaster did a real bad job.

It sure was Codemasters task to distribute and do all the marketing for OF.

What else did they get their big share of the license fee for?

Did they ever understand how far reaching the technology was in 2001 and that it still is?

Did they ever publish nice facts like those, that the most modern Armies use OF for training etc.?

There surely one parallelism to Linux and OpenSource: Worst marketing, best product.

(Only remember OpenOffice having no problems with big documents whereas MS-Word still staggers early and that WindowsXP continously sends your data to MS always including the last media you used on the MS-Mediaplayer; @Moderator: If you need a prove for legal reasons, I will send you).

It must be upsetting for everyone finding OF for 15 Euros beneath the counter but on top of the shelves you find Battlefield and many other ... low quality products - with high quality marketing!

I do not know their contract but I know contracts of that kind a lot.

It is not easy to fix the marketing obligations and, I think, BI was rather new to this. They should not have transfered the brand "Operation Flashpoint" to Codemasters either.

Something has gone legally wrong, not well balanced contract ... I think.

My perfect world: OF (or Armed Assault or whatever from BI) on a Linux System! Faster, stable, beautiful .... trustworthy ...

Good to see Codemasters mentioned in every thread. Publicity is publicity. tounge2.gif

BIS perfect? Well, no, but they certainly show a certain dedication to maintaining their product long after release and use feedback to make a better product(s). You have to respect that. But I'll wait a few more years/titles before opting to use words such as 'perfect'. As it stands now I see 'BIS... good game company'.

I think BIS is a good game company but the best game company?

Maybe. wink_o.gif

Maybe not ,they are the best

I have been playing video games for PC's life and no game has captured my attention like OFP

And for the developers themselves to come here and chat with us ,incredible

We were flipping over the thoughts of OFP2 and labeled it best game ever before we seen any screenshots.

Just cause we know how they create realistic games

(ahhhmm asides the fact that OFP2 is in future which I don't really believe in,we know we can mod it to our tastes)

And for the developers themselves to come here and chat with us ,incredible

BioWare are good like that. I've not been to their forum in quite some time, but I'm now reminded that I should pop in again.

oh EA would advertise OFP2 like nuts but would in the same time probably demand alot of money and screw up the game completely.

"*bang bang bang......bang bang* what the? why isn't he dieing in 3 shots?! *bangx10* damn you EA!!!!"