Sign in to follow this  
Sovietzug

1970 vs 2010

Maybe Arabian forces united under Pakistan's banner vs USA and Russia. It would be nice, Pakistan has a suspicius nuclear program atm anyways.

If you know economic system you can see that Russia need sells weapon equal than USA and if there is a war between China (+ assian or latinamerican alliance) and USA (+ OTAN) is very possible that Russia will be allie of China.

It is possible. Actually China and Russia are making modern war simulations exercises. In asians country the weapons are ex-sovietics. And China has own weapons.

Or Asia, or eastern europe can be good place to a futurist international war confrotation.

And i think Russia need international market as USA and Europe and China and in this capitalism. I don't believe in a USA-Russia coalition if USA attack China or if continue making operations in the ex-sovietic's influence area.

I like the idea of 2010, but maybe not more American vs. Russian combat. I think a nice setting would be Central Asia/Eurasia, not many games have been done there. And the reason I liked BAS's Tonal campaign was because the sides were quite an alternative to NATO vs. USSR.

I think maybe a war in proxy between Russia and the US, conflict in a small Eurasian state that goes high-intensity, both sides being equipped with high tech weapons but you are still not an American or Russian.

I think 2010 is good for me, not too old, not too futuristic and with enough room for a fictional conflict, im curious has from where will the enemy forces be, Asia? Speculation begins tounge2.gif .

man what are we going to do in the future... man when all the newer generations love their new Comscan stuff...

And as i do recall, arn't the russains in Game 2? the screenshots seem to support so...

Heres one of them (Notice the flag?)

Russian Game2 pic

They could be friendly though. I really don't know who I want the OPFOR to be in this game.

I'd really like to see some 1980s type scenario. This modern stuff involves too much high-tec in my opinion. Keep it simple and more challanging without GPS, mini-computers, etc.

I'd really like to see some 1980s type scenario. This modern stuff involves too much high-tec in my opinion. Keep it simple and more challanging without GPS, mini-computers, etc.

I would also prefer the 1980s type of scenario but I highly doubt they would change that now. Maybe we could do a mod or something for that.

Haven't followed the ArmAs coverage so closely, but judging from the latest screens it needs a 1980s mod too inlove.gif

I'm sure there will be one at some point.

I'd love to see the XM8, its just so.....superior biggrin_o.gif

I guess most of you guys say it looks like a super-soaker (which i can not disagree with in a way...)

but the futuristic look is really the first step into a new era imho...

just imagine...i always found the g36 to be one of the coolest looking weapons ever....but since i know the xm8 the g36 looks really old....

its just the thing that modern battlefields need. though id find it cooler to be a SF weapon instead of USA issuing it as standard GI arm.

I personally prefer 2010 (as many other people does), Vietnam would be cool, but it's too late now and besides, think of the game specs crazy_o.gif

USA vs. Russia is the best concept, I'm so tired of EA games making games where they set up China, USA and the middle-east against each other (Take C&C generals and BF2 for example). US vs. Russia is a fiction that would be disasterous, but would sell as hell. CWC made a very good impression on how that war would be and what it could evolve into yay.gif

I like the late 70's european cold war example. It was the peak of pre-computer age warfare and huge tank battles across europe would be fantastic. The equipment from that era had alot of class and its a senario that has been largely ignored by the major game developers. How about 1979, a soviet backed east Germany tries to re-unify Germany.

the bottom line is that War it pretty much peace keeping, counter insurgentcy and opinion polls these days. I would perfer something with a little more action.

my 2 cents...

The 70's.

Africa, South America, Indochina, the Middle East.. Even if there wasn't a world war in the 70's, that decade was pretty insane and perfect for infantry sims. Face it, massive tank battles won't be possible in the near future either and there's no point trying to squeeze them into an infantry sim.

I prefer 1970 over 2010 any time... I wouldn't like to see the game full of fancy "ghost recon like" weapons with at least 4x of zoom, or stuff like that.. just plain old bullets please !

2010, If it´s a war sim, the only possible weapons to use is russian vs american, the only "complete" armies in the world in term off equipment, as every part in equipment has a counterpart, like us may not have defence against it´s own stuff, russian sure have it. so it´s probobly even better to have russian vs us, than us vs us south vs north or somthing, pistols.gif

2010, If it´s a war sim, the only possible weapons to use is russian vs american, the only "complete" armies in the world in term off equipment, as every part in equipment has a counterpart, like us may not have defence against it´s own stuff, russian sure have it. so it´s probobly even better to have russian vs us, than us vs us south vs north or somthing, pistols.gif

No, China has a counterpart for most things I believe

I would have thought the UK would have had a counter part in everything.

Us                     Russia                     China

Apache              mi-28/ka-50/52         ? ? ?

Comache            ? ? ?                        ? ? ?

f-16-f-15           mig-29/su-27-37         ? ? ?

B-52                  Tu-160 or somthing       ? ? ?

Patriot 3             S-300/400                    ? ? ?

Made in USA/USSR/Russia.

Thats just some minor stuff without serch, i could go on and on X 1000. What the chinese can do, and are doing are, take one mi-28, glue some metal bar to it, and call it chao deong or somthing.

Uk? ? ?

goodnight.gif

Made in USA/USSR/Russia.

Thats just some minor stuff without serch, i could go on and on X 1000. What the chinese can do, and are doing are, take one mi-28, glue some metal bar to it, and call it chao deong or somthing.

Uk? ? ?

goodnight.gif

As far as I know, the Commanche program has been cancelled..............too expensive. But I may be wrong.

Hmmm I would probably prefer something like 2010, but not with stupid weapons or owt like that. But I do love the CWC setup and they way thats been done and the military equipment involved at that time.

Quote[/b] ]

Bordoy

Advanced Member

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (t80 @ July 16 2006,21:44)

Made in USA/USSR/Russia.

Uk? ? ?

As far as I know, the Commanche program has been cancelled..............too expensive. But I may be wrong.

Yeah think youre right.. so i change, add somthing..

Hercules            An-12                         ? ? ?

C-5                    An-124                      ? ? ?

Ohio                  Typhoon/Borei                 ? ? ?

Chinook               Halo                           ? ? ?

M270 MLRS        Smerch/Grad/Uragan         ? ? ?

Paladin         To many similar to describe         ? ? ?

SAM 23 Hawk           Sa-11 Gadfly                ? ? ?

Made in USA/USSR/Russia.

Uk? ? ?

Hey guys, I think that in "Game2" I would much prefer it during current times rather than the 1970's. This is just my opinion but, I just like modern warfare better than 70's. (Plus Game2 will probaly have mods and all that stuff so you can always make 1970's game). tounge2.gif Thats just my opinion.

I've got a novel idea...

First off, I believe OFP and ArmA can really simulate anything.  wink_o.gif

However, they do modern combat the best (i.e. anything from Vietnam forward).  There are a number of reasons for this, not the least of which is how the command structure is implemented, with the built in radio you use to command your men (or likewise be commanded).

Consequently, pre-moderm combat mods (i.e. WW2) suffer a bit due to the command structure.  confused_o.gif  So...

Why doesn't BIS release not one, but two new games!

1. Game 2 (as we've come to know, taking place in 2010)

2. And then a seperate WW2 game based on their engine, similar in scope, execpt highly optimized for this type of combat.  Obviously, I'm talking about way more than just units here.  The biggest difference would be the command structure, which would be optimized for WW2 style communication. smile_o.gif

This way everyone would be happy.  And even better still...

All of our mods (modern and pre-modern) would have a truley appropriate starting point!!! biggrin_o.gif

The main thing I dislike about modern times is ACUs in real life they are okay, in games like ArmA they make you stick out like a sore thumb. If it wasn't just the U.S. vs. ____ I wouldn't mind much since you could be from a country that doesn't use ACUs. When you're stuck with them though and you have to fight in a forested area it feels like I might as well paint a big red bullseye on my chest.

While I wouldn't mind the game being in a modern setting. I do prefer the "what if" historical scenarios.

I will admit, I'm having a hard time getting into the storyline for ArmA whereas OFP's Cold War background had me hooked from the start- maybe because I was brought up in that era and distinctly remember the tension that happened in the early 80s.

Anyway, the one area I would like to see explored would be the friction that occurred between the USSR and China that nearly came to a head in the late 70s. The Soviet Union at the height of it's power going against the emerging military might of China. A gigantic Communist showdown with the West having to decide the right posture to adopt.

The West wouldn't be able to just sit it out because of the strategic area, not to mention global stability. The US reeling from the unsatisfactory conclusion of Vietnam would hardly have been ready for a mammoth conflict but the fact that several US allies would be affected along with past European colonies would have brought just about all the global players in.

At the very least it would be a 3 way conflict, not to mention all the little off-shoot occurances. Just think about what other nations are in the immediate area and would be indirectly involved. How would they react? How would they see the situation and try and turn it to their advantage?

I think it would make for a really interesting scenario that wasn't out of the realms of possibility and in fact, very nearly happened.