Sign in to follow this  
Sovietzug

1970 vs 2010

sad_o.gif I have a dude now

OFP2 will be about 1970's wars or eeuu imperialism of 2010 ? sad_o.gif

I prefer 70's conflicts to play as comanche vs hokum with the OFP infantery

Yea, really fun to drive around in jeeps and fight with m16a1, or not.

2010 rocks 1970 any day...

look if you prefer 70s go play numerous shooters which already've been made in last 6 months...all of them turned out to be a total crap...jeezus..do we need any more of that ?

Bah, does'nt matter as long as it is NOT WW2 or Vietnam. crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I prefer 2010 because it will be a lot better if BIS design a game that incorporates all the modern ideas and concepts in war, and modmakers work backwards than if BIS make a game set in the 70's and mod makers have to fight the game engine when they try and make somethng new.

It's too late anyway, they already announced its 2010.

i hoped it would be around 2005.. in actual time.. but i dont really care.. smile_o.gif i like 2010 more than 70... waaay to many games based on wwii/nam these days, so its good that some games goes modern smile_o.gif

OFP2 will be about 1970's wars or eeuu imperialism of 2010 ?

Quoting the Operation Flashpoint 2 press release.

Quote[/b] ]The year is 2010 and the world has changed.

So it's 2010, which personally I prefer over another Cold War era game. I just hope the XM8 isn't in the game crazy_o.gif

I love the 2010 scenario. Although I would have liked a NAM-game aswell. But as long as they'll support two gunners in a chopper I'm happy and than we'll just create our own NAM addons. smile_o.gif

They probably choose the 2010 screnario, because Earl already had an M249 and M16A4 model tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif (old-timers know what I'm talking about)

By the time OFP2 will be released 2010 military operations will probably be a trip down the nostalgic lane. tounge_o.gif

Bah, does'nt matter as long as it is NOT WW2 or Vietnam. crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Amen. I think 2010 is a fine year to set it in, I just hope they don't make all the equipment super modern, sparkling new high-speed Å°bar Special Delta Rainbow shit. We have crap like Battlefield 2 for that.

i just hope ofp isn't ghost recon. I would have actually prefered like 1979 or something, there are too many futuristic war shooters coming out, I want to see some gold old cold war.

I think 2010 is good for me, not too old, not too futuristic and with enough room for a fictional conflict, im curious has from where will the enemy forces be, Asia? Speculation begins tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]The year is 2010 and the world has changed.

OMG. I didn't seee that one before. So does that mean that we won't see any fighting?

2010 sounds really futuristic and lame at start, but when you think about it, in late 2006 it's just far away enough to be in the 'near unknown' so it's just perfect.

Imo it's better, Today's vehicles... UAV's, AC-130's, the Huey, they'll all be reason to break limits (in thesame order: monitors, rotatable guns on planes, multi gun positions)

look if you prefer 70s go play numerous shooters which already've been made in last 6 months...all of them turned out to be a total crap...jeezus..do we need any more of that ?

Your aggressive attitude is totally uncalled for. Nothing he said deserves the kind of response you provided.

I suggest you read the board rules carefully before you post again.

Imo it's better, Today's vehicles... UAV's, AC-130's, the Huey, they'll all be reason to break limits (in thesame order: monitors, rotatable guns on planes, multi gun positions)

You know that planes similar to AC-130 existed in the 1960s right? And as for UAVs.. I suggest that you check out FDFMOD. wink_o.gif

and if people dont like it. mod it. smile_o.gif I think 2010 is a great place, not to far ahead but still got todays battle tactics. I hope those russians have something to do with guba wink_o.gif

I hope those russians have something to do with guba  wink_o.gif

Yes they do, they are russians too rock.gif .

35 years later Guba's skeleton was found in the sea at the east coast of Kolgujev (thats where i dumped him from the hind helicopter while heading for the scud) tounge_o.gif .

whatever, as there's always be addon makers to make what is lacked in it(thank you addon makers smile_o.gif )

I hope those russians have something to do with guba  wink_o.gif

Yes they do, they are russians too rock.gif .

Yea.. i kinda like that they use russians again biggrin_o.gif becasuse in all other games they ALL use the standard.. US vs something_every_game_does

So im glad for that BIS still will keep on the russians and not the other standard countrys.. but hey. its 3 different places and enemys here to.. biggrin_o.gif

It might not just be the US Forces.. its a international coalition contingent which might have others in it to which would be cool.. but theres always american forces in games.. why cant there be UK forces or NATO or something?

Because it sells better in the US if the game has US forces in. Same goes for movies, most of the time.