Sign in to follow this  

is it worth it

okay then so i think AA is now for the pc as a game and is basically ofp1 but upgraded with new textures, graphics and a new engine.

The thing is my whole ofp directory is way over 1.5GB wich is one hell of a lot well infact now its about more than 2.00GB

So im wondering if its basically ofp1 is it worth buying looking at the screenshots it does look worth but if you think its basically ofp1 wich i allready have.

Just will it have a lot of the same missions or are they releasing there own missions made and campaign.

Just will it have a lot of the same missions or are they releasing there own missions made and campaign.

Is that a question? Yes it will have an original campaign.

How can anyone know if it's 'worth it' when we don't even know the price and have seen a couple of screenshots, such discussion is fruitless...

lol im thinking of buying it just from one of those pics it has the pic of an Ofp1 base wich is near everon in it. The one where it shows those tanks when you load ofp and it shows a man stnading on a tower. Becuase if then Ofp1 missions may be playable on AA if so im going to delete all my addons and mod's and get my ofp1 directory as small as possible and buy AA.

Gollum1 i just posted that post when i noticed i got one of you good point we dont know the price and have only seen some screenshots but you also say it will have an orignal campgin

By that do you mean original ofp1 campaign or their own

Gollum1 i just posted that post when i noticed i got one of you good point we dont know the price and have only seen some screenshots but you also say it will have an orignal campgin

By that do you mean original ofp1 campaign or their own

Original OFP missions should be compatible and there will be a new campaign. And the OFP1 campaigns CWC and Resistance are BIS' "own".

well that sounds like a large ofp mod then wich would be qute cool but oh well im just going to wait for more info on it wich appears to be coming out daily and make a further decission

It's definitely worth for me because of new multiplayer features!

btw, where can I preorder ? crazy_o.gif

If you ask me... The fun I've had with OFP makes it worth buying AA no matter what the cost is, even if it stinks. Just to thank BIS.

But speaking out of a general gamers view... Yes absolutely. There will be so many gameplay issues that will be so much better. And we all know the old OFP could use a facelift, even if it does look stunning at it's best moments.

If you liked OFP you will love this. I can guarantee it. I remember what the Resistance Expansion did to the game. Not that huge changes, but it did change the experience.

Flashpoint is the best PC game I have ever played. No other game has been installed on my computer since day one. I play it every week and have been doing so for years. AA will keep my going for a few years more.

Every time I'm in the gameshop I look for flashpoint. And if there is a cheap one or a used one, I'll buy it and give it away. I own the original releases of OFP, Res and Red Hammer. But I'm thinking of getting a GOTY edition as well.. Just for the box...

Olle Stolpe you sound so right it must be worth it but if you want a facelift for ofp you could always download a mod but im sure none of them could be as good as AA will be

That's what I mean. I play with Y2K3, but the overall game could use a lift.

And think of the Join-in-Progress-thingy. Man, that's great.

I just can't wait to play MFCTI on AA...

If it will brings to game as much as Resistance did, then it would be worth it (for adequate price of course). Lets wait for cost and what improvements it will have and then decide. Until that this speculations are pointless.

Looking at the screenshots for AA, I have to say no... it's not worth it. sad_o.gif

Looking at the screenshots for AA, I have to say no... it's not worth it.  sad_o.gif

If you like and play flashpoint but cant afford VBS1, yes its worth it wink_o.gif , plus a new island and sp missions and campaign and improved MP = very worth it wink_o.gif .

Graphics enhancements like foliage, water, sky, textures and soldier models = definetly worth it biggrin_o.gif .

100 square Km islands...

Plus new engine improvements, better performance and compatbility with current HW biggrin_o.gif .

What can i say, im sold smile_o.gif .

Looking at the screenshots for AA, I have to say no... it's not worth it. sad_o.gif

Why not? whats wrong with the screens?

As heat seeker said im sold too biggrin_o.gif , just hope the publishers realize theres a place called the Middle east and we also play games unlike last time with resistance it took me a year to get it mad_o.gif .

I'd buy it for the engine upgrades because it would mean new possibilites for mod/mission making plus the JIP feature and i just want a excuse to upgrade my current GPU.

also what VBS1 and how much is it?

VBS's engine is 100 bucks + right ? something like 120$? Then for the other modules its probably the same but as modules increase so does the price. And new stuff also has its price right? ALl new engine upgrades arent free or are they?

Looking at the screenshots for AA, I have to say no... it's not worth it.  sad_o.gif

I dont mind the screens so much the only thing I want to know is what are the new possibilities with this new engine rock.gif

Also unit models the bodys could look better BIS wink_o.gif

I dont say they look ugly but BIS can make it better than this the head hands look good only the body shape wink_o.gif

I dont mind the screens so much the only thing I want to know is what are the new possibilities with this new engine rock.gif

I dont say they look ugly but BIS can make it better than this the head hands look good only the body shape wink_o.gif

I don't care about the looks as long it has better engine. The rest we can improve on our own.

And, when are you gonna learn? It isn't Doom3, HL2. It is undeniably the best and only FPS-like military sim that can live much longer than any other game around.

VBS's engine is 100 bucks + right ? something like 120$? Then for the other modules its probably the same but as modules increase so does the price. And new stuff also has its price right? ALl new engine upgrades arent free or are they?

module prices

Core is 107.91€, far has i know updates are free, just like all other games, but this one must be very well supported by BIA smile_o.gif .

Armed Assault will be good enough for me, untill the game that isnt called OPF2 comes wink_o.gif .

I don't care about the looks as long it has better engine. The rest we can improve on our own.

And, when are you gonna learn? It isn't Doom3, HL2. It is undeniably the best and only FPS-like military sim that can live much longer than any other game around.

I agree... It will do until OFP2 comes out. It will be up to us to tweak and mod the new engine to suit our needs. The old engine has been push beyond it's expected use. Is this the same engine as OFP2 ? or a hybrid or OFP1 AND 2 ?? Anyway I am saving up my pennies to get this game.

I agree... It will do until OFP2 comes out. It will be up to us to tweak and mod the new engine to suit our needs. The old engine has been push beyond it's expected use. Is this the same engine as OFP2 ? or a hybrid or OFP1 AND 2 ?? Anyway I am saving up my pennies to get this game.

I think its more an hybrid of OPF1 and VBS or just the OPF1 with new features.

I will be getting the xbox version + the new pc version + Operation Flashpoint 2.

How more nuts can you get crazy_o.gif

I will be getting the xbox version + the new pc version + Operation Flashpoint 2.

How more nuts can you get  crazy_o.gif

Thats not nuts, get VBS1 complete package for 600€ and rising, thats nuts tounge_o.gif .

Why you getting for xbox if you have armed assault for PC is behiond me though rock.gif .

Why not? whats wrong with the screens?

For a number of reasons:

The materials seems wrong, things look too shiny.

It's the same incredibly low-poly models, but in a different lighting engine, which I'm not sure looks too great.

It has bump mapping yes, but when all the screenshots show the lighting on the same side I get suspicious.

And we'll probably be charged for the same models again, which I don't think is too cool.

But I'll but it anyway, becuase I like OFP and BIS needs money. tounge_o.gif